Home

Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review)

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-18-2015, 05:55 PM   #177
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review)

I enjoy this game.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #178
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I thought about grabbing this yesterday, but after the initial reaction when released, it seems like chatter has cooled down. Are people not enjoying this game as much as when it released?
Old 02-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #179
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
I thought about grabbing this yesterday, but after the initial reaction when released, it seems like chatter has cooled down. Are people not enjoying this game as much as when it released?
This game is just fine, minus the separating difficulty options. I'm on 65 ego and won my most recent game 1-0. I need the CPU to produce more runs on offense, provided that I can still do the same.

My team isn't hitting many home runs though, but that's expected since I think I picked the defense-superior team.

Besides, I needed this as my baseball fix until The Show at the very least. For $19.99, it's serving its purpose very, very well.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-02-2015, 10:44 AM   #180
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
It's not baseball season. It will heat up again.

sent from my mobile device
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 02-02-2015, 09:13 PM   #181
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
This game is just fine, minus the separating difficulty options. I'm on 65 ego and won my most recent game 1-0. I need the CPU to produce more runs on offense, provided that I can still do the same.

My team isn't hitting many home runs though, but that's expected since I think I picked the defense-superior team.

Besides, I needed this as my baseball fix until The Show at the very least. For $19.99, it's serving its purpose very, very well.
This. It's not a game I ever expected to play year-round, and I've gotten way more than $20 worth out of it even if I never played it again (which I can guarantee will not be the case). It's totally worth that price.

Doesn't mean it's any less enjoyable when I set it aside for a while to catch up on some other games - it was never going to be the only game I'd play.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited by bcruise; 02-02-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #182
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
I finished a short season a few weeks ago and have been waiting for a patch to fix the AI's pitching problems before starting a medium length season.

The game just doesn't play very well right now if you're a patient hitter. CPU teams will throw too many walks and won't manage their bullpen very well.

The developers are working on a patch, but it may not be out for a while, due to the small size of their staff.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #183
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

any word if this is coming to XB1?
Old 04-17-2015, 12:51 AM   #184
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

My ol lady loves this game.
Not that we wont throw in the show. But usually she bats for my team while i pitch.
This one she'll play against me.

And i have been shamed. 0-2 thus far. A 6-5 L i blew on a walk off HR.
Tonight it was just a whipping. Down 4-0 in the 5th i put up 6 just to give up 8 in the bottom half of the inning. I lost 14-8.

But I will say she has put more games in than i have. Lol thats my excuse and im sticking to it. Truth, but still an excuse lol. Happy though we can play this one out together or against each other.

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »