Home

Earning Badges in NBA 2K15

This is a discussion on Earning Badges in NBA 2K15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-14-2015, 01:39 PM   #41
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Earning Badges in NBA 2K15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KehliahoMauiFootball
Anyone else find it a bit cheesy that centers can get killer crossover, etc? Would like to see more capping of attributes, more position-specific caps, and elimination of in-game boosts (cheese). These 3 things would make gameplay, my park, etc less cheesy (if less cheese is the goal...)
I still don't like the idea of attribute number caps; I'd like to see if they could do attribute effectiveness limits(if that makes sense?) based on height/weight/position. A 7'2" 285lb C could still max his dribbling attribute, but it wouldn't be as effective as a 6'1" 185lb PGs 84 rated dribbling attribute or even a 6'11" 245lb C max dribbling attribute. The C could still get the 'Killer Crossover" badge, but it would only fire off against other players similar in height/weight/skill/position. As quick and skilled as AD is with the ball, I'm pretty sure he's not gonna take Westbrook 1-on-1 off the dribble.

I just don't like looking through my attributes and seeing random 75s or 65s even though I've spent all the VC/SP on raising them I can; it's okay for attributes that are untouchable(off. consistency).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 01:47 PM   #42
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0

What button is the "ambient button"?
Old 01-14-2015, 01:50 PM   #43
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
I still don't like the idea of attribute number caps; I'd like to see if they could do attribute effectiveness limits(if that makes sense?) based on height/weight/position. A 7'2" 285lb C could still max his dribbling attribute, but it wouldn't be as effective as a 6'1" 185lb PGs 84 rated dribbling attribute or even a 6'11" 245lb C max dribbling attribute. The C could still get the 'Killer Crossover" badge, but it would only fire off against other players similar in height/weight/skill/position. As quick and skilled as AD is with the ball, I'm pretty sure he's not gonna take Westbrook 1-on-1 off the dribble.

I just don't like looking through my attributes and seeing random 75s or 65s even though I've spent all the VC/SP on raising them I can; it's okay for attributes that are untouchable(off. consistency).
I prefer being a Certain Playstyle instead of being able to be All-around. There should be a penalty for wanting to only be a shooter or athletic player instead of everyone being able to be an overall.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #44
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
That blows my mind Centers and Power Forwards can't get Bruiser. How messed up is that?
think about it, you have two C/pf in the post battling it out and they both have bruiser, all your gonna have is two extremely tired big men.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:24 PM   #45
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4
I prefer being a Certain Playstyle instead of being able to be All-around. There should be a penalty for wanting to only be a shooter or athletic player instead of everyone being able to be an overall.
Then you could add playstyles to it as well, an athletic scoring SGs 99 quickness would be more effective than a spot up, catch and shoot SGs 99 quickness would be. Many athletic shooters are able to create their own shots due to their quickness, speed and ball handling, where spot up and catch and shoot type shooters have to rely more on effective screens, picks and movement off the ball.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 02:28 PM   #46
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Then you could add playstyles to it as well, an athletic scoring SGs 99 quickness would be more effective than a spot up, catch and shoot SGs 99 quickness would be. Many athletic shooters are able to create their own shots due to their quickness, speed and ball handling, where spot up and catch and shoot type shooters have to rely more on effective screens, picks and movement off the ball.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk
It will add a whole new challenge to the game and make choosing the wrong playstyle more painful.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:38 PM   #47
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafik105
think about it, you have two C/pf in the post battling it out and they both have bruiser, all your gonna have is two extremely tired big men.
So it's OK to go up against an opposing Center with Bruiser and you don't have it? I'd rather have a fair match and be tired but at least we are on even ground. The way it looks is that it was left off because of a glitch rather than on purpose.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 01-14-2015, 03:11 PM   #48
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Just got Interceptor on my Center.
Kansas State Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »