Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-11-2015, 09:10 AM   #241
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled F...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
At a certain point it may be better to just hire voice actors to do it. It would certainly be easier and more cost effective.
I agree 100%. It doesn't matter if Vin Scully or Eric Nadel or whomever is doing the commentary in the game if they simply cannot make it translate. Even though Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe repeated in their games too, they were able to make the commentary work because they are career voice actors.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #242
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

another benefit to voice acting would be availability of the actors/cost presumable. I am still liking the idea if it is a cost issue, MLBTS having their "own" crew and have a DLC subscription of a few bucks to have updated commentary every week/month ect would probably have a demand.

At the end of the year and the next release that content gets added in and the people not wanting to pay will get get that content the following year in the new version.

If DLC could be carried over like it was in the past (stadiums) I wouldnt mind this game having the option to pay extra for some of this stuff. Since saves carry over now too, if I buy a stadium/jersey/commentary/equipment etc and it carries over or have a subscription to just always get everything that comes out (as long as stuff we have always had never went as DLC in the future) I pay it.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:28 AM   #243
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I wanna hear Sterling and Kay. I'm a Sox guy, but those two are great.
Kay? Meh. Not much of a Yankees person but I wouldn't mind Cone and Singleton.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:29 AM   #244
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswithbats
Kay? Meh. Not much of a Yankees person but I wouldn't mind Cone and Singleton.
Kay isn't always the most exciting announcer. But he's got great balance in his delivery for different situations.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:46 AM   #245
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I like Sterling for Yankees games, but not for video games. Same with Kuiper and Krukow (Giants), apparently.

Either voice actors or national broadcasters really seem to fit the bill best the majority of the time, sad as it seems.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 10:21 AM   #246
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I like Sterling for Yankees games, but not for video games. Same with Kuiper and Krukow (Giants), apparently.

Either voice actors or national broadcasters really seem to fit the bill best the majority of the time, sad as it seems.
I could only imagine if we had regional guys doing a video game. It would be hilarious, depending on the person. Like imagine Jack Edwards doing an NHL video game.

One of my favorite all time calls from Jack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4fAG4qrPE4

But I could see Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy doing a pretty good national video game. They are not homers, like a Jack Edwards or Hawk Harrelson.

Last edited by redsox4evur; 01-13-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #247
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I could only imagine if we had regional guys doing a video game. It would be hilarious, depending on the person. Like imagine Jack Edwards doing an NHL video game.

One of my favorite all time calls from Jack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4fAG4qrPE4

But I could see Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy doing a pretty good national video game. They are not homers, like a Jack Edwards or Hawk Harrelson.
Don and Jerry have amazing chemistry. They add a layer of pleasure in watching the Sox.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:05 PM   #248
MVP

Of course as a Yanks fan, I'd love Sterling in the show! But I do think he'd be a great video game announcer, because just like Jon Miller, he's got "the perfect style" for a video game. You just know he'll get totally into it, imagine hearing that great booming voice through your speakers when you hit a homer!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »