Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-10-2015, 07:44 PM   #217
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
No, I think we need a more energized pbp guy, that makes all the difference. The other two don't bother me at all.
If the script writing is not proper it does not matter who you have. In game Matt V is no where near real life Matt V commentary. If I could get half of Matt V live commentary in the game I would be ecstatic. His true ability has not been really tapped into this game imo.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #218
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
If the script writing is not proper it does not matter who you have. In game Matt V is no where near real life Matt V commentary. If I could get half of Matt V live commentary in the game I would be ecstatic. His true ability has not been really tapped into this game imo.
Have to agree. A new voice would be good, but that's just putting duct tape over the problem. The choice in lines is the real problem with the commentary, for all three of the guys.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:52 PM   #219
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
No, I think we need a more energized pbp guy, that makes all the difference. The other two don't bother me at all.
I am of a completely different mind set. I like Matt but the other two drive me completely crazy. Can't stand them at all if it wasn't for keeping the conversations at least semi fluid I would turn them off completely.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #220
MVP

OVR: 0

Here's why I don't think the script matters, unless they're telling him how to deliver the lines, it's all on Matt, because I could say the exact same stuff he does, but be way more in to it. As I've said before, it's all really in the voice, you have to be a good voice actor, and I don't think he is one. So unless they say, "do your lines like this," it's on him. Lol, I actually called the mlb network and left Matt a voicemail, explaining that we need "tv Matt" in the show!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:33 PM   #221
Je ne sais quoi

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Here's why I don't think the script matters, unless they're telling him how to deliver the lines, it's all on Matt, because I could say the exact same stuff he does, but be way more in to it. As I've said before, it's all really in the voice, you have to be a good voice actor, and I don't think he is one. So unless they say, "do your lines like this," it's on him. Lol, I actually called the mlb network and left Matt a voicemail, explaining that we need "tv Matt" in the show!
This is 100% spot on. It's been said before people would listen to Vin Scully (or Morgan Freeman, for that matter)
read the phonebook. I'd think there are very few people who would pay to hear Vasgersian read a recipe book
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2015, 09:58 PM   #222
MVP

It's the one reason why my favorite announcers are John Sterling and Tom Hamallton, not only do they have a great voice, but they get so excited, and having either of them doing the show would blow you away.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #223
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
This is 100% spot on. It's been said before people would listen to Vin Scully (or Morgan Freeman, for that matter)
read the phonebook. I'd think there are very few people who would pay to hear Vasgersian read a recipe book
That's a terrible metric for evaluating commentators though. There are 30 teams in baseball each with 2-4 commentators. But is there anyone else besides Scully that you'd really want to hear read a phonebook? Is there anyone on ESPN you want to hear read a phone book? I bet not. Nonetheless, ESPN is still watched by quite a few people. And the other 29 teams do an okay job at retaining viewers and ratings.

Sure we could get some better voices, but there are a ton of great commentators who do well without a "magic voice," and their success is entirely attributable to the analysis and insight they provide, their ability to capture attention with comedy, or with interesting and unusual stories, etc...

I mean Joe Buck literally has a vocal chord disorder that limits his inflections, and makes him sound uninvolved like 99% of the time. People would literally pay money to NOT hear him read a phone book. And yet he's a decent commentator, certainly not even the worst analyst on his own team.

I'm of the opinion that the voice behind The Show really doesn't matter at all. It's definitely not as important as others here seem to be suggesting.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #224
MVP

My dream job was to be a pbp guy, but of course I can't do it, so If I could be the voice of the show, I'd do it for free!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »