Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-09-2015, 09:38 PM   #209
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Maybe that's why it doesn't sound right... They used minor league for the show, not the show! I'm sure recording equipment was top of the line, but something got lost in translation, not sure what though. Maybe I just notice it more because of my good hearing? Who knows.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:49 PM   #210
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Yeah I'd bet that thats a big part of it. Not only minor league players as mentioned above, but the stadiums are built differently. Pro stadiums are more enclosed, and produce a far stronger echo. The higher walls, more floors, and more circular seating (minor league stadiums usually only run seating along the sides, in semicircles).

When it comes to acoustics, the location is half the sound.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:52 PM   #211
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Yeah I'd bet that thats a big part of it. Not only minor league players as mentioned above, but the stadiums are built differently. Pro stadiums are more enclosed, and produce a far stronger echo. The higher walls, more floors, and more circular seating (minor league stadiums usually only run seating along the sides, in semicircles).

When it comes to acoustics, the location is half the sound.
I'm sure they've gone toMajor League parks as well. This was done we they redid the bat and glove sounds a few years back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #212
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
In a stadium with real baseballs and wooden bats using cutting edge recording equipment. But they don't sound real or good enough to some people.
Coconut effect meets reality is unrealistic, it would seem.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:28 PM   #213
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Poor commentary has plagued this series for years and continues to be the chief complaint from "Show faithful" and game review sites. I'm not getting my expectations up for the claim of "revamped commentary" until I hear it to believe it
Old 01-10-2015, 05:05 PM   #214
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

They need to jettison either Karros or Lyons, they sound too much alike. I love Matty V but all 3 seem to be very dull and ho hum. Need a more energized color guy

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 01-10-2015, 06:01 PM   #215
MVP

No, I think we need a more energized pbp guy, that makes all the difference. The other two don't bother me at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #216
Je ne sais quoi

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
Poor commentary has plagued this series for years and continues to be[b] the chief complaint from "Show faithful"[b] and game review sites.
My own personal "chief complaint" would be stat tracking.
Commentary isn't even in the top 10 of things I'd change/add/subtract about the Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »