Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-09-2015, 08:10 AM   #193
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
They have recorded actual on field sound a few years back for this type stuff.
They did, which makes this all the more unfortunate (because normally that means they won't be addressed again for a while). But sometimes things don't translate right. Maybe it's a different mic, maybe it's on a sound stage instead of on a field, maybe they used a different bat, maybe they hit it off a tee, maybe it was hit by a developer and not a pro, maybe they didn't account for all hit types. For the most part, you really only hear just a few sounds, and the bat can have millions of different sounds. Even some players have a different kind of "explosion" when they hit it.

A bit off-topic, but it's like when I hear a player goes in and does his own mo-cap, say Buster Posey in 2011 or whatever year. Just because he went in and did it doesn't mean his stance was actually accurate. I watch him bat like 500 times a year, I'm not going to be placebo'd by the fact that somebody tells me who did what. Low and behold, it was bettered the next year. Apparently he just didn't do his own stance right, lol.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-09-2015, 08:23 AM   #194
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Sometimes when I go to a Yanks game, I bring a digital recorder, and it picks up all the baseball sounds. I just played it back now, and bat on ball sounds just like ASB series did. So I don't know what they did back then, but they nailed it!
Old 01-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #195
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Sometimes when I go to a Yanks game, I bring a digital recorder, and it picks up all the baseball sounds. I just played it back now, and bat on ball sounds just like ASB series did. So I don't know what they did back then, but they nailed it!

An Everyman casually recording sounds at a big public event. All you need is to record something you shouldn't have, something dangerous and you've got yourself the beginnings of a Hitchcock movie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 03:45 PM   #196
MVP

hahahaha! I think I'll take it to old timers day! After all, I'll be sitting in the front row behind the plate, and you never know what kind of big stars will be sitting near me... Maybe I can get someone famous on record!! I'll bring my cane, and take off my glasses, and make sure I have a pen and things for signing! Gotta milk it!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:36 PM   #197
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
They did, which makes this all the more unfortunate (because normally that means they won't be addressed again for a while). But sometimes things don't translate right. Maybe it's a different mic, maybe it's on a sound stage instead of on a field, maybe they used a different bat, maybe they hit it off a tee, maybe it was hit by a developer and not a pro, maybe they didn't account for all hit types. For the most part, you really only hear just a few sounds, and the bat can have millions of different sounds. Even some players have a different kind of "explosion" when they hit it.

A bit off-topic, but it's like when I hear a player goes in and does his own mo-cap, say Buster Posey in 2011 or whatever year. Just because he went in and did it doesn't mean his stance was actually accurate. I watch him bat like 500 times a year, I'm not going to be placebo'd by the fact that somebody tells me who did what. Low and behold, it was bettered the next year. Apparently he just didn't do his own stance right, lol.

I know its for 2K but your point still stands. There is actually a comparison starting at 2:04

Feliz has a pretty low effort delivery but his mocap is exceptionally low effort, almost like he's practicing pfp's lol

Last edited by seanjeezy; 01-09-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #198
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
An Everyman casually recording sounds at a big public event. All you need is to record something you shouldn't have, something dangerous and you've got yourself the beginnings of a Hitchcock movie.

..or a sweet '80s Travolta movie.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #199
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
..or a sweet '80s Travolta movie.

Haha Depalma was definitely inspired by Hitchcock when he made Blow Out.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #200
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Every time I play the show, I think to myself that the sound of bat on ball really needs an upgrade! It just doesn't sound solid enough, not like a real bat on ball makes. I especially can tell the difference, because my hearing is unbelievable, (that saying about other senses being better when you lack one is true!) As it stands now, the sound is very "crcked bat sounding." not, "solid wood sound." Listen to a real life sound, then hear the show, and you'll see what I mean.
Agreed. Even on a big home theatre system the sound off the bat sounds weak.

The sound isn't deep enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »