Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #1257
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyMikeWallace
I think you have to go back to like Madden 98 for that to not be a problem. They simply don't care to address it. No competition and too many people just buy the game yearly. This was the first Madden I bought new in probably 5 years, and only because it was on sale. Glad I didn't pay $60 for it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Yeah, and the crazy part is watching the CPU catch a ball and take a wide angle right out of bounds, and this is even when they have yards of space to recover after the catch, but still they run right out of bounds. It's dumbfounding.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:35 PM   #1258
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson17
Hi Guys I require some advice as most of you seem to be experts on Madden games.

I am very much a novice when it comes to American Football (I am Australian) but am getting more and more into it everyday. I know the basics about the game but have no idea about all the plays and other technical stuff.
I am a massive fan of sports games and mainly play online seasons or online ultimate team (Fifa and 2k).
I know most of the Quarterbacks and some of the high profile guys in other positions but that's about the extent of my NFL knowledge.

Knowing this information do you think I should pick the game up? Do you think I would get enjoyment out of playing it or should I wait till Madden 16?

Any thoughts you may have would be a massive help.
Thanks,
I think the game has tutorials if you're unsure about some things. Or you could just ask around here.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2015, 07:51 AM   #1259
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson17
Hi Guys I require some advice as most of you seem to be experts on Madden games.

I am very much a novice when it comes to American Football (I am Australian) but am getting more and more into it everyday. I know the basics about the game but have no idea about all the plays and other technical stuff.
I am a massive fan of sports games and mainly play online seasons or online ultimate team (Fifa and 2k).
I know most of the Quarterbacks and some of the high profile guys in other positions but that's about the extent of my NFL knowledge.

Knowing this information do you think I should pick the game up? Do you think I would get enjoyment out of playing it or should I wait till Madden 16?

Any thoughts you may have would be a massive help.
Thanks,
I almost feel hypocritical to say "go for it" but that would be for someone well versed in the game of football. As someone that is learning the game and has the interest to learn the nuances of the game then Madden really is your only choice. You would be able to pick the game up much cheaper now, so if learning football is important, then go for it.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:27 AM   #1260
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
I almost feel hypocritical to say "go for it" but that would be for someone well versed in the game of football. As someone that is learning the game and has the interest to learn the nuances of the game then Madden really is your only choice. You would be able to pick the game up much cheaper now, so if learning football is important, then go for it.

Thanks so much for the reply.
More the question is will I get full reward etc without knowing all the players abilities and nuances of football out of this game? I love Ultimate team feature in games and also online play so Connected Franchises really makes me want to give it a try.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:19 PM   #1261
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I spent a few hours with Madden 15 on the PS4 over the weekend. Went through the skills trainer just to get a feel for the new defensive controls. After that I played a few exhibition games.

If this had been the first game I'd played on my PS4, I probably would've been impressed, but since I had spent the past 3 days playing NBA 2K15, Madden 15 was a definite letdown.

I mean, the game is what it is (I hate that phrase but it applies here) at this point. If you liked Madden 10, 11, 12 and 25 (I refuse to acknowledge 13), Madden 15 is pretty much the same game with slightly better graphics.

I thought the AI was supposed to be improved, yet the same plays that worked over and over again on the PS3/360 generation work here. Running the ball up the middle, outside of draw plays, is way too effective.

I do like the addition of the player-lock camera (finally!) on defense. That does freshen up that experience a bit. I refuse to play as a defensive linemen because those new moves they've been given are full of cheddar. They've basically reduced OL/DL interactions to a quick-time event that you'd find in God of War or something. Not a fan.

The CPU will use its same bag of tricks to keep you from scoring too many points; namely the points LBzrule talked about a few posts above.

I really don't like to come into an impressions thread and post mostly negative comments. But the reality is that I look forward to playing games like NBA 2K15 and MLB 14 The Show and I just don't get that same feeling with Madden 15. It feels like all the other Madden games I mentioned above. All of which wore thin on me very quickly.

Unfortunately I am a sucker for video football games and will test out some slider sets here and see if I can find the secret elixir that takes this game to the next level. I know it probably doesn't exist and I'll just have to re-calibrate my expectations when it comes to this game.

I shouldn't have to do that as a consumer and I know I have the option of either not buying the game or just trading it in, but being the sports-gaming enthusiast that I am won't allow me to do that. Stubborn? Yes. But I know me and at some point I'm going to want to play some NFL football and the only way to do that is Madden.

So, knowing all that, I will now begin to test out some sliders and see if I can find a set that provides a good challenge. Who knows, perhaps I'll find that mix along with a team that needs to be rebuilt and can make it through a couple of seasons of Connected Franchise.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 07:28 PM   #1262
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Running the ball up the middle, outside of draw plays, is way too effective.
The thing that kills me is the easy inside running game has been like this for 3 years and you can't fix it with sliders since the blocking slider are so weak and ineffective. I've debated how poor the DT play is and how they never shoot gaps to male tackles for loss and their line play guy Clint doesn't see an issue. I'm simply dumbfounded by it.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #1263
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Just got a PS4 and Madden 15 yesterday and thus far I like it!

A little background is that I'm a coach mode/cpu vs. cpu player so I'll have to learn to play QB and at least not hurt my team. I play default all-pro and only throw passes for the QB and handle kicks!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2015, 11:20 AM   #1264
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Just got a PS4 and Madden 15 yesterday and thus far I like it!

A little background is that I'm a coach mode/cpu vs. cpu player so I'll have to learn to play QB and at least not hurt my team. I play default all-pro and only throw passes for the QB and handle kicks!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Welcome to the PS4 family!
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »