Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #1249
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Lol it's always next year this, next year that. EA has got to be the worst company I've ever encountered in regards to the video gaming industry. If it was not for the NFL name the game would only be worth about 20 dollars at release.

Oh one of the interface changes I've noticed that I forgot to mention was that in the trade screen your unable to see the players salary. So if you are worried about weekly salary expenses your out of luck unless you cancel the trade, bring up the salary window and find the player again.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #1250
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

Seems OK except for the ragdoll engine. Doesn't belong in a sports game. Offensive players need momentum; having your RB stonewalled by an arm tackle is just stupid. The way it seems like the game doesn't want you to change directions is also annoying. Seems like it pushes my RB to where the hole is supposed to be rather than allowing me to decide where to go.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited by SpeedyMikeWallace; 01-02-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:25 AM   #1251
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyMikeWallace
Offensive players need momentum;
Totally agree with all that you said; however, it's funny that when a receiver makes a reception going toward the sideline, they have so much momentum that there is no way to keep him from going out of bounds...even if he has 10 yards not to do so.

Last edited by tanchl; 01-04-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #1252
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

After playing this game a great deal I can surely say, the defense is not improved. Speeding defenders up so they cheat does not = defensive improvement. Giving DL and linebackers unsurmountable strength to break through three blockers in three seconds or less is not improvement. It's making the game cheat. All they seem to have done to say they improved defense is speed defenders up and give them unsurmountable strength. Nothing technique wise and nothing fundamentally sound with respect to the game. The run defense is so unfundamentally sound and the blocking is terrible. After you play it a lot the ugliness of the game shows up.

I know Rex said they had the Steelers defensive backs there and they told them that when the QB throws the football they break on it but they could NOT have meant when they have their damn backs turned to the QB. There is no way they meant that, but that's what the coders put into the game.

Also when a defenders is WAY out of position there is no way that he can get back faster than the velocity of the football.

Last edited by LBzrule; 01-03-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:02 PM   #1253
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
After playing this game a great deal I can surely say, the defense is not improved. Speeding defenders up so they cheat does not = defensive improvement. Giving DL and linebackers unsurmountable strength to break through three blockers in three seconds or less is not improvement. It's making the game cheat. All they seem to have done to say they improved defense is speed defenders up and give them unsurmountable strength. Nothing technique wise and nothing fundamentally sound with respect to the game. The run defense is so unfundamentally sound and the blocking is terrible. After you play it a lot the ugliness of the game shows up.

I know Rex said they had the Steelers defensive backs there and they told them that when the QB throws the football they break on it but they could NOT have meant when they have their damn backs turned to the QB. There is no way they meant that, but that's what the coders put into the game.

Also when a defenders is WAY out of position there is no way that he can get back faster than the velocity of the football.
I know. It's bad. I have to handicap defensive sliders not just for the CPU but for myself, too! Otherwise I win every game 2 to nothing or 3 to nothing.

Speaking of nothing, I cannot for the life of me understand how audio can continue to ignore Nantz saying "Zero" instead of "Nothing" when he calls the score. Weird stuff.

Anyway, they develop this game being prisoners of the moment. Because Seattle won big defensively last year they over-emphasize that aspect of the game. It's a very marketing-driven approach which works well for other types of games, but not so much for a sim football game.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:38 PM   #1254
Just started!

Thumbs up Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

*I'm posting in this thread because i can't create own*

Can anyone post a soundtrack of Madden NFL 15 which listed in the credits? Or record the credits?
I do not have the game, but i want to know the soundtrack which playing on the stadiums.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:44 AM   #1255
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
Totally agree with all that you said; however, it's funny that when a receiver makes a reception going toward the sideline, they have so much momentum that there is no way to keep him from going out of bounds...even if he has 10 years to do so.
I think you have to go back to like Madden 98 for that to not be a problem. They simply don't care to address it. No competition and too many people just buy the game yearly. This was the first Madden I bought new in probably 5 years, and only because it was on sale. Glad I didn't pay $60 for it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 06:28 PM   #1256
Rookie

Hi Guys I require some advice as most of you seem to be experts on Madden games.

I am very much a novice when it comes to American Football (I am Australian) but am getting more and more into it everyday. I know the basics about the game but have no idea about all the plays and other technical stuff.
I am a massive fan of sports games and mainly play online seasons or online ultimate team (Fifa and 2k).
I know most of the Quarterbacks and some of the high profile guys in other positions but that's about the extent of my NFL knowledge.

Knowing this information do you think I should pick the game up? Do you think I would get enjoyment out of playing it or should I wait till Madden 16?

Any thoughts you may have would be a massive help.
Thanks,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »