Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-02-2015, 11:14 PM   #137
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Very lucid Bob. Nice answer.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:04 AM   #138
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss44
Can anyone put the new Human IK engine into simpler terms? What does it mean for the game? I'm intrigued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Here's a demo. The real strength of Human IK seems to be more realistic body structure (the way joints, bones, muscles move in tandem) and collision mapping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blLBRmNA3zI

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 01-03-2015, 05:49 AM   #139
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjeffton
I haven't been able to get the $39.99 pre-order price... even after adding to the cart. Has anyone else had luck with this?
Or that is the price of the PS3 version.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 01-03-2015, 03:37 PM   #140
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
I wonder what exactly they mean by revamped commentary? What do you guys think. Maybe they'll have Matt V get way more excited, like he does on tv broadcasts. If we get tv Matt V, I'd be happy, because he sounds way better in real life. But then again, that's what makes a person a great voice actor. I couldn't tell the difference between Jon Miller on tv/radio, and 2k.

Heres the thing, I hear you Matty V is better in person but... a big part of the cringe worthy commentary is him being too excited already, not during big moments that could be amped up a bit, but during nothing moments like a guy striking out 3 times.

Example: actual dialogue - Get your hats out now, THATS HIS THIIIIRD STRIKE OUT OF THE GAME!

what it should be: In monotone or dumbed down, "Cespedes having a rough day.. 3rd time he's been sat down."

which sounds more normal to you?

The commentary as a hole as we all know is just horrendous. Its not so much the commentators (other than once upon a time Rex Hudler) its the lame delivery it seems SCEA makes them do
Old 01-03-2015, 05:32 PM   #141
MVP

Very true Clarke, and that's a big reason why we need a new voice. there are some announcers that can just nail a voice over, and sound just as good as real life, then there are guys like Matt, that sound like they're reading lines off a paper, and recording them. No matter what lines the studio gives, they don't control how you deliver them. Some guys just have "it." Indians radio man Tom Hamallton, if he did a video game, wouldn't be able to contain his excitement, because that's just how his voice works. If I was doing the show's pbp, I'd give it my best on every line, I'd actually have a great voice, and would do an amazing job! lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #142
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss44
Can anyone put the new Human IK engine into simpler terms? What does it mean for the game? I'm intrigued.
My take was
Quote:
This should have some effect on player collision avoidance being much improved so there should be no more ghosting on the bases and at home plate especially. I can't wait to see this introduced, it should add so many subtleties to the ballgames giving a full next gen feel. I would also hope it improves how fielders make catches, and diving for balls which has always been a broken animation since they never really can reach for the ball. Might also improve the animations for batters during their swing, which always seemed pretty 1 dimensional.

And I'm very excited about that new tag system, I hope it's the most dynamic feature, it sounds like the new system will have alot of impact on how we feel about the game. Reminds me of how much goalies were improved on FIFA 15 and how that made the game so much more interesting alone.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #143
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Very true Clarke, and that's a big reason why we need a new voice. there are some announcers that can just nail a voice over, and sound just as good as real life, then there are guys like Matt, that sound like they're reading lines off a paper, and recording them. No matter what lines the studio gives, they don't control how you deliver them. Some guys just have "it." Indians radio man Tom Hamallton, if he did a video game, wouldn't be able to contain his excitement, because that's just how his voice works. If I was doing the show's pbp, I'd give it my best on every line, I'd actually have a great voice, and would do an amazing job! lol.
Have you heard the commentary in NHL 15 yet? Ugh, makes Matt V and Lyons/Karros sound pretty dang good by comparison.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:09 PM   #144
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Have you heard the commentary in NHL 15 yet? Ugh, makes Matt V and Lyons/Karros sound pretty dang good by comparison.
They're trying and tweaking a system that I think will get better as years go on (record them watching actual footage instead of reading lines). Once they get the proper amount of lines and the algorithms down, I think it will actually sound pretty good.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »