Home

Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

This is a discussion on Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-02-2015, 01:19 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatruth2015
Interesting question but almost everything about 2k11 was spot on in gameplay what it lacked in superficial graphics compared to today's post patch 3 gameplay of 2k15. 2k11 you actully controlled your outcome more and felt very little input lag. Fouls were called that were obvious...turnovers seemed appropriate...good shots and high percentage shots had a good chance to go in... rebounds offensive or defensive felt balanced and there was less cheese shooting, charging, zigzag. You're talking eye candy in this video. Hard core gamers should care less about how the game looks and care more about feel and control, after all the game should feel responsive to that next gen controller in your hands. 2k15 post patch 3 is like watching a game on demo mode.... You're not really controlling outcomes. ..just watching 2k's version of scenarios playing out. Its a game...we have controllers. ..let us actually play. We all as ga ers should demand and expect more 4 years after 2k11
Well put. I say it all the time that 2k took Simulation too far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2015, 01:46 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

I can't play this game anymore. I tried the other night but it is way too unresponsive for me. The other basketball game is even worse though. At least I have PES 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2015, 02:24 AM   #67
Rookie

I'm happy and upset to see other players noticing the lack of user control. I'm sad that others post patch 3 can't see where win, lose, or draw they are sometimes not beating or losing to head to head nor computer AI. You're just in a 2k formula of outcomes scenarios now. When I'm playing with the controller I want to feel I'm a significant part of the equation. But we are not... especially after patch 3. Example of many.... I have seen the basketball curve in mid air to a defender as opposed to my open offensive player. I have seen players move away from open passing lanes to congested lanes leading to turnovers. Example 2 of many, I can't go behind the back dribble but people can lob pass alley oop dunks all day long. I can stay on ground hands up on defense and get called for a foul, but next possession I'm mugged and knocked to ground no foul. Wtf is going on post patch 3? It's a nightmare to play, especially online. The game doesnt reward nor allow sensible outcomes. We all need to Deman more...for next gen. Don't be happy with winning or losing if you're not fully controlling the outcome with the pad in your hands.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:53 AM   #68
Just started!

It is a very good game. It's just some things like online connectivity /lag I expected better results
Old 01-02-2015, 07:21 AM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I've heard this before...guess its just a philosophical difference...

I love football, and I haven't been truly happy with Madden in years but I'm a bit too busy to be throwing it in and forcing myself to play it when I don't enjoy it,....goes against the entire point of playing a video game to me...to each his own though.
It's mostly because i can't play basketball in real life anymore (injuries). When i still played i couldn't care less about the video game, however now that i can't i'm looking towards 2k to fill some of that void. Obviously i realize it won't be the same as the real thing but it's just annoying to go from what i considered the best and enjoyable gameplay in 2k13 to the scripted and unresponsive mess in 2k15.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:31 AM   #70
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
It's mostly because i can't play basketball in real life anymore (injuries). When i still played i couldn't care less about the video game, however now that i can't i'm looking towards 2k to fill some of that void. Obviously i realize it won't be the same as the real thing but it's just annoying to go from what i considered the best and enjoyable gameplay in 2k13 to the scripted and unresponsive mess in 2k15.

Ah....I feel you there...

I had to take near two years off myself so I know how you feel...

Hope things improve for you next year with the game...
Old 01-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #71
Rookie

Interesting question but almost everything about 2k11 was spot on in gameplay what it lacked in superficial graphics compared to today's post patch 3 gameplay of 2k15. 2k11 you actully controlled your outcome more and felt very little input lag. Fouls were called that were obvious...turnovers seemed appropriate...good shots and high percentage shots had a good chance to go in... rebounds offensive or defensive felt balanced and there was less cheese shooting, charging, zigzag. You're talking eye candy in this video. Hard core gamers should care less about how the game looks and care more about feel and control, after all the game should feel responsive to that next gen controller in your hands. 2k15 post patch 3 is like watching a game on demo mode.... You're not really controlling outcomes. ..just watching 2k's version of scenarios playing out. Its a game...we have controllers. ..let us actually play. We all as ga ers should demand and expect more 4 years after 2k11

2k11 was good but the problem for me was the iso dribble & when u wud go 2 the hoop the "GOALTENDING" block glitch w/ happened 5 or more tymes every game. Cpu arm rite in the center of the rim & 2k calls its a block when if ur hands in the rim that clearly "GOALTENDING" but 2k embraces "GOALTENDING" cuz its bak w/ avenges in 2k15 PS4/X1. This yrs game on "NEXT-GEN" is basically a port over from 2k14 "CURRENT-GEN" just like GTA5 same game as last yr w/ prettier graphics. 2k14 PS3/360 was SLOW, CLUNKY, NON-RESPONSIVE, WARPING, NO PHYSICS, NO PLAYER MOMENTUM, TO STIFF ON JUMPERS ETC... & that exactly wat we got this yr in 2K15 PS4/X1. CHRISTMAS OF ISSUES JUST LOOK AT PATCH#3 2k15 NOTES & STILL THAT MUCH & MORE WAS STILL LEFT BROKEN. I'm w/ the 1's that say 2k is WORST after patch#3 it wasn't great at launch & patch#3 filled holes but created new 1's, the FOULS, FOULS, NO CALL ON HACKS NOW IT ATROCIOUS, NO NEED 2 PLAY W/ AL. JEFFERSON OR L. ALDRIDGE ON HOF DIFFICULTY CPU WILL JUST HACK U ALL GAME U MITE SHOOT 4-5 FT'S 4 IT. OKC HACKS ALL DAY ON FOULS, THE BALL STILL GOIN INSIDE OTHER PLAYERS BODIES "FIFA" HAS BEEN PAST THIS BUT NOT 2K. CPU DO WATEVER THEY WANT BEHIND THE BACK, SPIN, MAKE U SLIDE OUT OF THERE WAY LIKE SORRY IM TRIED 2 KEEP U FROM SCORING. THIS GAME HAS A FORCE-FIELD LIKE "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY" OR SMTHN. CPU STAND AROUND THE 3-POINT LINE AND UR GUY IS SUCKED IN THE PAINT SO THE CPU CAN GET OFF, CANT GET BUT SO CLOSE 2 BALL-HANDLERS AT TYMES. WAT HAPPENED 2 INTENSE "D" OR CROWD DRIBBLER. CPU CAN HAVE M.MILLER MAKE U PICK UR DRIBBLE UP ON A FASTBREAK, HOW CAN U CROWD A PLAYER ON FASTBREAK W/ A NON-DEFENDER. gameplay has suffered BAD last advancement was 2l13 been the same 4 over 2 yrs. At launch 2k said this yr there wud be better PLAY-CALLING, SPACING, PLAYER MOVEMENT that was a LIE. SAME PLAYS, PLAYS STILL BREAKDOWN ICONS DISAPPEAR, THE SPACING IS WORST THAN LAST YR. U run pick & roll & the only thing happening is the pick & roll on the other side of the court guys are line a line SINGLE FILE just standing 3 PLAYERS NO ONE MOVES WTF. IT WAS BETTER CUTS 2 THE BASKET LAST YR. NONE I REPEAT NO CUTS 2 THE BASKET THIS YR ULNESS U CUZ URSLEF OFF-BALL. The speed logic is even broken. ON THE BREAK W/ A PG LILLARD, ROSE & Marc Gasol will OUT RUN U DOWN COURT HOW??? HIS SPEED IS THE THE 30'S QUICKNESS MAYBE IN THE 50'S. LIKE I SAID "NO LOGIC" Alley Oops are odd at tymes CLIPPERS, RAPTORS, PELICANS, ETC USE THE ALLEY OOP AS OFFENSE but 2k just les u execute alleys when they want u 2. GOLD LOB CITY PASSER throw it up & CPU JUMPS 12-13 FT IN THE AIR VOLLEYING ALLEY OOPS AWAY HOW ROBOTIC IS THAT. Now Lets move on 2 the ACTUAL BALL in "FIFA" the ball LOOKS, FEELS, MOVES, & KEEPS MOMENTUM like a soccer ball. In 2k the ball LOOKS, FEELS, MOVES & DOESNT KEEP MOMENTUM like a basketball. ONCE AGIN ITS JUST WATEVER WHEN ITS NEEDED, at tymes the ball doesn't even hit the ground player dribbles & the ball WARPS back in the players hands halfway in the air. THIS IS 2015 RITE??? STILL NOT PROGRESSED THAT FAR YET....SAD. Now lets move 2 defense in detail, PLAYER CONTROL HAS BEEN LOST ON "D" 4 LIKE 4-5 YRS NOW...Im the user controlling a player but he MOVES, SLIDES, WARPS, JUMPS, REACHES, STUMBLES W/ ME ONLY MOVING THE ANALOG ...WHY???BECUZ ITS THE ONLY WAY 2K CAN MAKE THE GAME COMPETITIVE. LET CPU HAVE ALL THESE ADVANTAGES MOVE ROBOTIC, REACT QUIKER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT, THEN AT OTHER TYMES THE GAME IS SLOW AND SLUGGISH...NO CONSISTENCY. STEALS make no sense u reach & hand go's THREW the ball BUT U NEVER TOUCHED IT SO 2K SAYS. Players have 2 shield in order 2 protect the ball 2k fails 2 realize it. ATER PATCH #3 2K WANTS THE GAME 2 SHOOT A REAL NBA % BETWEEN 55%-45% which is great but how can u automatically make a game shoot a certain % unless its PREDETERMINED ALREADY which is wat this yrs game fells like. THAT MISS DUNK ANIMATION THEY SAID THAT WUD HAPPEN IF U TRY 2 JUST FORCE THE HOLE PLAYERS ARE THERE U MAY MISS THE DUNK. BUT WAT ABOUT WHEN THE HOLE IS OPEN & A PLAYERS COMES FROM THE SIDE & SAME SITUATION IM NOT DUNKING OVER ANYONE CUZ THERE'S NO ONE THERE HE ON MY SIDE STILL HE PUSHES ME OUT THE AIR. NOTHING PLAY ON PLAYA...SO MY CONCLUSION IS THAT 2K ISNT FOCUSED ON GAMEPLAY THAT MUCH LITTLE TWEAKS HERE & THERE PUT A LABEL ON IT "NEW YEAR" 2K. THERE FOUCS IS MYPLAYER/ MYTEAM, 2K LOVE THERE PACKS. THATS ALL THEY WANNA MAKE AVAILABLE PACKS, PACKS & MORE PACKS. THROWBACK, ONYX, EMERALD, DIAMOND, RUBY, GEMSTONES, LIMESTONE, GRAVIL PACKS, DRIVEWAY HOOP PACKS,TEAM PACKS, 70'S PACKS, 80'S PACKS, 90'S PACKS, @Ronnie2k packs, @LD2KMAINNING packs, DEV PACKS ETC. PROLY CREATING A "NEW" PACK AS I WRITE THIS ARTICLE. & actually the packs aren't bad its just the gameplay iS goinG backwards so why wud I want ur CRAPPY PACKS IN A ONLINE GAME THAT LAGS LIKE H*LL. I MEAN U HEAR SO MANY BAD THING ABOUT ONLINE I DONT WANNA TRY IT ALREADY KNOW ITS GONE GIVE U A HEADACHE...SO WATS THE USE.

WHEN NBA LIVE WAS SELLING BETTER THAN 2K, 2K FOCUSED ON PERFECTION NBA2K2 NEVER MISSED ALLEYS ONLY WAY 2 STOP ALLEY OOPS WAS 2 GET A CHARGE. I WUD RESTRAIN FROM THROWING SO MANY JUST 4 COMPETITION BUT NOW WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY. THE OOPS USE 2 BE THROWN UP HIGH NOW OOPS GET THROWN 3 FT. OFF THE GROUND PG'S VOLLEYING OOPS AWAY NOW...SO FAKE & UNREALISTIC. THE ACTUAL DRIBBLING AND PLAYER MOVEMENT WUD RIVAL THAT IN 2K15 FROM 2K2...13YRS AGO, GAMEPLAY NOT MUCH PROGRESSION. GRAPHICS YEAH, THAT A GIVEN W/ A POWERFUL PROCESSOR MORE RAM LOOKS WILL BE THERE BUT ITS GAMEPLAY DAT TIPS THE SCALE
& 2K IS STARING 2 BE MORE LIKE "MADDEN" LITTLE BY LITTLE EA. YR ROBOTIC MOVEMENT, NO MOMENTUM, NO LOGIC, ALIEN ARM BENDING, 2 JERKY NOT SMOOTH

BUT NOW THAT 2K IS PRETTY MUCH IT FAR AS B-BALL, STARTING 2 SEE HOW ITS GETTING STAGNANT DON'T WANNA CALL THE DEVS LAZY BUT THE GAME IS GETTING MORE SLOPPY EA. YR PS4 2K14 & 2K15 HAS BEEN A EQUAL HEADACHE AT TYMES IN DIFFERENT WAYS. I JUST KNEW THIS YR 2K WAS GONE HIT IT OUT THE PARK...BOY WAS I WRONG..."THE NEXT-GEN" HYPE IS OVER, A YR IN & IM STILL WAITING ON "NEXT-GEN" THANKS 2 GAME DEVELOPERS SO FAR... CONGRATS U TAKE THE CAKE

NEXT YEAT 2K CAN U NOT HAVE THE BALL GOING THREW PLAYER BODIES I SAID SMTHN ABOUT IT LAST YEAR. BUT AS USUALT THAT A@* RONNIE IGNORES U WHEN U BRING 2K FLAWS 2 SURFACE, TAT WUD MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE & STEP FORWARD, HAVE GUYS SHEILD 2 PROTECT THE BALL SO U NOT REACHING HIT THE BALL BUT NTHN HAPPENS....NOT THINKING I KNOW IT ALL JUST A POSITIVE SUGGESTION
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2015, 12:41 PM   #72
Rookie

Well it seems alot of people here have noted numerous blemishes in Gameplay, especially after patch 3. I hope they are getting the message at 2k. I also hope other gamers will sound off too. This is next gen for some, gameplay should be flawless not worse and shouldn't get worse after a third patch...and honestly the next gen graphics arent even that good; I was expecting better when I got my ps4...that being said.. let's get this gameplay fixed... we should demand a patch 4 to fix gameplay. Let your voice be heard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »