Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #129
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Hey pitchers and catchers start reporting in appx 6 weeks.
I was just thinking the other day, the smell in the air reminds me of baseball. (Sounds weird, I know), but that Spring smell in the winter air is awesome.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:17 PM   #130
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Hey pitchers and catchers start reporting in appx 6 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I was just thinking the other day, the smell in the air reminds me of baseball. (Sounds weird, I know), but that Spring smell in the winter air is awesome.
Can't wait
Old 01-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #131
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
The smell of baseball.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #132
Rookie

I for one would LOVE them to have classic teams in the game.. Come on its a PS4 No reason they cant,
Old 01-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #133
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K33057
I for one would LOVE them to have classic teams in the game.. Come on its a PS4 No reason they cant,
Yea there is...if you look at it, only one sport video game has classic games. And that is 2K. There are only 12 players per team so 2k is not spending a lot on the rights to use the legends likeness where it would be about double what it costs for a complete NBA team. Also maybe SCEA couldn't get enough players to allow them to use their rights in the game. Perfect case is Bonds. Starting in 2004 he did not allow any game company to use his name or likeness ever again. Go back and play MVP 2005 Barry Bonds is a white guy with the name of John Dowd. Also Kevin Millar was a black guy named Anthony Friese.

And that is also the reason why we don't have any more NCAA Football games.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:37 PM   #134
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
It's not so much the suspensions themselves, as the reasons. MLB doesn't want drug use, steroids, etc... in the game. THey don't want actual crimes (domestic abuse etc...) in the game.

If you take away all that, I can't think of any other reason a player can even be suspended.
How about suspensions for players just for "breaking rules"? They don't have to specify a certain rule that is broken. And for players there can be a hidden rating or some type of personality trait that will give the user clues as to how likely the player is to break rules.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:28 PM   #135
Rookie

Moss44's Arena

Can anyone put the new Human IK engine into simpler terms? What does it mean for the game? I'm intrigued.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2015, 10:41 PM   #136
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss44
Can anyone put the new Human IK engine into simpler terms? What does it mean for the game? I'm intrigued.
Well the IK engine is a tool, not a result. There isn't really much to talk about until we know how exactly SCEA has decided to use it.

But it COULD mean groundbreaking improvements to the way fielders move apply tags, and react to thrown/batted balls, and the way baserunners run, reach for the base, and avoid tags. Things that were handled by individual animations before, will now be handled mathematically, which means less wonky stuff, and smoother, more precise and realistic movement.

Again, though, we will have to wait and see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »