Home

Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

This is a discussion on Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-31-2014, 02:11 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Out of curiosity, what about this is so great that you'd want to go back to? The Mario running/lack of multiple player interaction? The everyone jump straight up rebounding? The perimeter bump back animations? The complete lack of bounce passes? Those [not very] dynamic rim/ball physics perhaps

I actually liked the crowds and miss how people would walk around - but think I remember some complain it was distracting, so guess that's why it was removed. I'm in no way trying to diss 2K11 because it was great for it's time and I loved it. But this overly romantic/nostalgic view that everything was roses with the game doesn't represent what the game was and what it's evolved to
My biggest gripe is control. Like I said before, cosmetics don't concern me,so I don't even notice head band or shoe issues. I never had any issue doing what I wanted to do with the sticks in 2k11. I want control. I played 2k yesterday and I can't even get into it because of the sluggish controls. Basketball is a precise game. When I'm on the court I calculate my movements without any problems. 2k doesn't do this very well and the new dribble stick isn't as accurate as it should be. I'm not saying 2k isn't sim and doesn't replicate the nba, I'm saying that the gameplay is more frustrating than fun. (IMO at least).
Old 12-31-2014, 04:11 PM   #50
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I love the gameplay. I can play 2k forever. But these disconnects with online ranked matches is driving me to the cliff. It's almost enough to make me stop playing online.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:03 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

The game is exceptionally great; however, the fun factor isn't there for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2015, 11:07 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 4

No clue how this game is coded but the ai is very impressive. It punishes mistakes.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:52 AM   #53
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17
How can people say great when we still have an incomplete game? I mean when are they going to fix the statistical overlays instead of just having 45 seconds of Commentary with nothing up on the screen and no way of skipping past it. Let's take a look at the season assist leaders...... I'm looking but I ain't seein!!!
Old 01-01-2015, 12:12 PM   #54
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
How can people say great when we still have an incomplete game? I mean when are they going to fix the statistical overlays instead of just having 45 seconds of Commentary with nothing up on the screen and no way of skipping past it. Let's take a look at the season assist leaders...... I'm looking but I ain't seein!!!
This was fixed in the last patch. They come up every time for me now.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:24 PM   #55
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Suture
Not trying to "troll", or whatever the term is. But shoes will never be a factor in rating a basketball game for me. The gameplay is borderline perfect. Hopefully the passing will be a huge focus on next years game. And of course for all the online players, the servers need to be spot on, so there will be no input lag at all. If i want to play someone online, the game should play exactly how it plays offline.

No game plays exactly online as it does offline. That's a naive and unrealistic standard. Based on your online model, in general, either you have inherent latency (you can't beat physics) with lockstep, or you have warping and corrections that come with client/server. Sports games can't deal well with the artifacts of a client/server model. So you get lockstep and the latency. The thing about it is that under normal conditions, this is more than fine and playable. But if you're going to assume that it should be the same as offline, that's just silly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #56
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Game is a lot of fun for me....even more post patch...

I think the fun factor would return for a lot of guys if they allow to instead of coming here seemingly after every game to drop some hyperbole about how the game is impossible to play,. Feedback is one thing but why even start up a game you don't plan on enjoying? Mind boggling to me.

Anyway, definitely loving the gameplay though.

They really do need to get online together though....at this point I would think it 'd pride thing to be constantly called out on it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »