Home

Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

This is a discussion on Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2014, 04:09 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by testorz
The first games out on new consoles are always usually rough around the edges but as time moves on and the developers learn the hardware, the games will get better. Besides you don't want to hit one out of the part first time up although it's nice but what's left after that for an encore.
oh yes, let's promote planned obsolesce.. that's absolutely idiotic. That's akin to stifling innovation for the gamer and preventing competition.

While the game wasn't perfect, and they messed up... (regardless of the reason) the inability of 2k to be forward and transparent about these issues is the problem. There was nothing stopping 2k from admitting their faults transparently.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:18 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml475
oh yes, let's promote planned obsolesce.. that's absolutely idiotic. That's akin to stifling innovation for the gamer and preventing competition.

While the game wasn't perfect, and they messed up... (regardless of the reason) the inability of 2k to be forward and transparent about these issues is the problem. There was nothing stopping 2k from admitting their faults transparently.
Man we have stumbled upon a time where its ok to produce a subpar product and still charge full price for it. It's all around us. Its like no one appreciates your hard earned dollars anymore. I honestly think that 2k11 (last gen) plays better than 2k15 next gen. Key word, plays better. 2k15 looks a lot more sim and resembles nba basketball, but it is still a game. Emphasis on game.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:19 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
I'm not trying to troll (like someone said earlier), but am I the only person who feels like the controls for this game are sluggish and delayed? Nevermind the cosmetics, when I have the controller in my hand I feel like I have maybe 20% control. Please, someone just be honest and tell me. Am I the only person who feels like this game was made to play itself and give the user minimum control? I feel like the only way to be successful in this game is to run plays, from a designated spot without touching the analog (unless to shoot) and only press x to pass and square to shoot (analog). The sluggish controls are a turn off from trying to create your own offense, or even attempt to play D. Someone please teach me how to play this game because I don't see the gameplay that warrants all of this praise. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm genuine. Please show me.

You are 100% correct my friend.... I could do more with paul pierce and dirk in 2k12.... i miss those days
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2014, 04:30 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Man we have stumbled upon a time where its ok to produce a subpar product and still charge full price for it. It's all around us. Its like no one appreciates your hard earned dollars anymore. I honestly think that 2k11 (last gen) plays better than 2k15 next gen. Key word, plays better. 2k15 looks a lot more sim and resembles nba basketball, but it is still a game. Emphasis on game.
Agreed, but we still pay for it. |: so nothing can really change large scale without competition.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:32 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbals
You are 100% correct my friend.... I could do more with paul pierce and dirk in 2k12.... i miss those days
Thank you. I swear I would pay $100 right now for an updated (current roster) Nba2k11 (with next gen graphics) for PS4. I'm dead serious. I would even trade in my copy of 2k15 toward it. Oh, and I would gladly take 2k11's soundtrack over 15's as well.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:38 AM   #38
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

There are bright spots but my feel is that pretty much every game mode outside of MyLeague has a lot of problems that let down the experience.

Biggest issues that stick out to me are online lag, online associations, lack of transition & baseline defense, teammates in MyCareer and it feels like I'm moving underwater (especially in MyCareer) while the AI handles itself gracefully.

So in a way I feel surprised by the poll. Then again I do play the game a lot and I understand the nitpicks I have will probably go unnoticed for most. And I do have MyLeague which given the ability to tweak and approve league trades is probably the best franchise mode I've seen outside a fully managerial sports game (like Football Manager).
Old 12-31-2014, 04:56 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Thank you. I swear I would pay $100 right now for an updated (current roster) Nba2k11 (with next gen graphics) for PS4. I'm dead serious. I would even trade in my copy of 2k15 toward it. Oh, and I would gladly take 2k11's soundtrack over 15's as well.
id pay 200$....... and get rid of the stupid pro stick, there was nothing wrong with 2k11,12 or 13 controls
Old 12-31-2014, 04:59 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbals
id pay 200$....... and get rid of the stupid pro stick, there was nothing wrong with 2k11,12 or 13 controls
LOL, lets get this petition started.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »