Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #105
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeau
Overhauled franchise...with no details. I don't really care for the rest to warrant purchasing. When I know what "overhaul" means to them, I will make a decision.
My thoughts exactly. They could change nothing else with the graphics or gameplay, but if they rework franchise to make:
- player progression/regression more realistic so good players improve faster and decline slower
- balance hitting/pitching over time so in year 4+ of franchise you don't see every pitcher with 5+ ERA's and 50+ hitters batting over .300
- better stat tracking
- improve AI trade, re-signing and free agent logic
- etc.

I will buy if they do the above, regardless of other improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #106
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Overhauled franchise...with no details. I don't really care for the rest to warrant purchasing. When I know what "overhaul" means to them, I will make a decision.
Totally agree with this. However, with a new Human IK engine, this is automatically warrants a preorder. (I preorder every year regardless haha).

But yes, details on the overhaul have me very intrigued.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #107
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Overhauled franchise...with no details.
Remember, this information came from a Target pre-order page. Details will come when Sony makes an official announcement.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:26 PM   #108
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Turns out, we aren't getting any more information about the game and it comes out tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #109
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Turns out, we aren't getting any more information about the game and it comes out tomorrow.
Well, now there's no way I'm going to sleep tonight.
In fact, I'm heading to Target to get in line right now.
When Target asks what I'm doing I'll tell'em it's okay, I pre-ordered.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:48 PM   #110
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
They had a bare bones of this idea back in Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball on the NES. It was essentially a mini-game inside the game. You basically had to guess where to put the tag down to get a guy out on a close play at a base. I'd rather the game just decide what tag to use in any given situation. Tag plays happen so quickly that I don't think you'd even have enough time to swivel left or right to get a guy out unless they put it in slow motion, which would make hook slides incredibly overused.

Obviously, if they included your idea they'd give us the option to turn it off as that's something they do well with The Show. I just don't see many people using it as it sounds very confusing and tough to implement in a way that doesn't completely ruin the immersion.

Personally, I hope it's just a fixed code that makes tags more fluid and varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
No, totally. When I suggested it this was a part of an entire package of new controls called Pro Control Defense that included a catch button, squaring up to fly balls (to center up or for players tagging up), a sprint feature, fake-throws, a momentum system for throwing, and even shading the sun. Tagging was just the icing on the cake with all of this, and it was essentially a set of "advanced controls" much like 2K had as an option in hockey games.

I just don't see how a "new tagging system" or whatever would be a back-of-the-box feature of something for gameplay improvements that would be something which we would notice if they didn't tell us. Sure, we could say "Oh I saw a new tagging animation the other day," but I don't ever recall tagging really being an issue of mine in this game. Sure tags are missed sometimes, but that's just a part of the sport. Unless they do something like cancelling tags (ducking out of the animation for other play) or something like moving around the bag for hook slides as I said earlier, it's tough to figure out how this will change gameplay.

EDIT: Actually, what might be nice about this feature mixed with the Human IK Engine is the game might be able to recognize when the glove actually touches the player, so maybe this game will have a challenge system where you can challenge actual missed/late tags, etc. That would be cool.
As long as the window was fairly lenient a tag button would be cool. I wouldn't want anything overly difficult though... not when I still have to focus on catching the ball and throwing to a base, looking at the runner window, etc...

Not that a video game is harder than real baseball but I have a lot to look at already, far more than just the approaching runner.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:47 AM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 4

Intrigued by the integration of virtual cards to the game. Hopefully they're like Madden cards from the mid-2000s.

Played MVP Baseball 2005 for the first time in several years today. The show needs to add more gameplay modes! Franchise/dynasty and RTTS is great, but adding a comprehensive owner mode would make the game so much more enjoyable over long periods of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2014, 01:34 AM   #112
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

All the added features sound good, but to me I want new commentators, because Matt V is way too boing and and tired of hearing him in the show. The next thing is I hope they worked on the online of this game. MLB 14 was a hit or miss and for MLB 15 it should be a priority. Besides those 2 things everything else sounds good and I can't wait to hear more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »