Home

Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review)

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #153
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I only move it on pitches down in the zone. Anywhere else I struggle, so I just wait for close pitches.
I start it low at the bottom of the zone and a tad away where I like it in real life and that way I can jump on a fastball and crush it if I get one, otherwise I know lower is a ball, and too much away is a ball. I don't usually want to chase high fastballs anyway and the slower stuff I can ajust to easily.

So I think having a certain starting 'preference' helps especially if it's along 1 border of the zone for easy reference.

But I do move the cursor, it's sensitive and I've learned to feather it or if I have 2 strikes, using contact helps (if I'm not already using it depending on the player) and I will move it quicker, sometimes super fast and get lousy contact, but hey! that's baseball.

I currently play on 58 and will bump it up to 62 before the season is done. I'm a little opposite of some of you where hitting is easier for me than pitching.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #154
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
It's completely locked for me. Psn won't connect but my Internet is fine everywhere else.

Can't even use netflix. Guess I'll play other games.

sent from my mobile device
this happened to me too, and if it happens for you in the future, just make it your primary ps4 which is an option in the menu and you will be able to play it during psn down time. I figured that out because of a poster here on OS, but right near the end of the downage! I realize depending on your situation you may not be able to do that, but if you can, no reason not to select that option.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:14 PM   #155
Banned

OVR: 18

Upped my ego to 65 for my last game, and won a tense 1-0 game. I'm sitting at 6-1 now in my season.

This game is awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #156
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo
Upped my ego to 65 for my last game, and won a tense 1-0 game. I'm sitting at 6-1 now in my season.

This game is awesome.
I'm at ego 60 right now and am having trouble with the CPU just not hitting well against me. Everything else really seems good to go with regard to difficulty.

I feel like if I bump up ego to 70, even if the CPU started hitting right, suddenly I wouldn't be. We'll see though, in time.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #157
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm at ego 60 right now and am having trouble with the CPU just not hitting well against me. Everything else really seems good to go with regard to difficulty.

I feel like if I bump up ego to 70, even if the CPU started hitting right, suddenly I wouldn't be. We'll see though, in time.
Yeah, that's my issue as well. The computer did score 4 in this last game off of me, but 3 were off of one mistake they capitalized on. Other than that, I'm routinely getting quick 1-2-3 innings.

As I said, if the game had seperate ego settings for hitting and pitching, it would be perfect, but as it is, I may have to bump ego up higher than I am comfortable with to get the computer to hit, and it may be at the expense of my hitting. I'll stick with 65 for a few games though.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just started my season and I'm not sure if i should upgrade my players, does the CPU upgrade their players?
Old 01-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #159
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakevin
Just started my season and I'm not sure if i should upgrade my players, does the CPU upgrade their players?
Supposedly they do.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #160
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakevin
They do but from what I've seen, it doesn't show you what they used.

The icons are just question marks.

sent from my mobile device
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »