Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-29-2014, 12:09 PM   #73
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

I agree about closed rooves surely not being too difficult to do. It's not a majorly annoying thing for me though, in fact the thing I'm more bothered about is the commentary.

There's not a lot wrong with what's already in The Show, but more organic delivery is needed for the game to move forward.

Likewise load times don't bother me when playing a full game, because it's one minute or less of loading for an hour plus of baseball. It's like GTA - takes over a minute to load but once it has it doesn't for the rest of the game.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #74
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitholeCreek
I can only speak for myself, but it's due to the fact that having the roof open all the time significantly affects the realism. The roof at Rogers Centre is always closed until at least late-April. Freezing cold temperatures at Rogers Centre are as realistic as rain at Tropicana Field. It's jarring aspects like this that overshadow the game's other features. If I can't enjoy playing at my favourite team's ballpark, there's simply no point in me buying the game.

A closed roof is an essential feature at Rogers Centre. It affects both the atmosphere and gameplay (the ball tends to carry better with the roof closed). In real life the Rogers Centre roof is closed about 40% of the time. Imagine Red Sox fans having to play 40% of their games at Fenway Park without the green monster. That's what it's like to play without a roof at Rogers Centre.

At some ballparks the roof is closed around 70% of the time. By not including a closed roof in those parks, SCEA has basically gotten them flat-out wrong. We're past the days of Hardball 3 and FPS: Baseball '94 where we would only get some of the major league ballparks in the base game. There's simply no excuse for not including closed-roof versions of the six major league ballparks that have retractable roofs, particularly with the game on next generation consoles. The lack of closed-roof versions of these parks is a glaring omission on the part of SCEA, and it's simply unacceptable that it hasn't been remedied to this point. I've purchased every version of this game since 2009, but like the other poster, I will not buy this game again until retractable roof stadiums are included. If SCEA won't make the effort to get my favourite team's stadium right after all these years, I see no reason to give them any more of my money.
I understand what a closed roof at the Rogers Centre compared to an open roof can affect the game, I have been there for both occasions. All i was saying is I don't get how its a make or break thats all.

In all fairness, in any ball game I have played i have never noticed (others could have different experiences) a difference no matter what field you play in, minus distances leading to less HR's for example. Even if the roof was closed, i just dont think it would play any different then with it open. (again, just my opinion)
Old 12-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #75
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitholeCreek
I can only speak for myself, but it's due to the fact that having the roof open all the time significantly affects the realism. The roof at Rogers Centre is always closed until at least late-April. Freezing cold temperatures at Rogers Centre are as realistic as rain at Tropicana Field. It's jarring aspects like this that overshadow the game's other features. If I can't enjoy playing at my favourite team's ballpark, there's simply no point in me buying the game.

A closed roof is an essential feature at Rogers Centre. It affects both the atmosphere and gameplay (the ball tends to carry better with the roof closed). In real life the Rogers Centre roof is closed about 40% of the time. Imagine Red Sox fans having to play 40% of their games at Fenway Park without the green monster. That's what it's like to play without a roof at Rogers Centre.

At some ballparks the roof is closed around 70% of the time. By not including a closed roof in those parks, SCEA has basically gotten them flat-out wrong. We're past the days of Hardball 3 and FPS: Baseball '94 where we would only get some of the major league ballparks in the base game. There's simply no excuse for not including closed-roof versions of the six major league ballparks that have retractable roofs, particularly with the game on next generation consoles. The lack of closed-roof versions of these parks is a glaring omission on the part of SCEA, and it's simply unacceptable that it hasn't been remedied to this point. I've purchased every version of this game since 2009, but like the other poster, I will not buy this game again until retractable roof stadiums are included. If SCEA won't make the effort to get my favourite team's stadium right after all these years, I see no reason to give them any more of my money.
So by that report, only Miami, Houston and Arizona have their roof closed >50% (majority) of the time?

As a Houston resident, that number seems inflated but alas. There was even a running joke about the previous owner Drayton McLane being so cheap with cooling costs, that that's why the roof was was always open.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #76
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
So by that report, only Miami, Houston and Arizona have their roof closed >50% (majority) of the time?

As a Houston resident, that number seems inflated but alas. There was even a running joke about the previous owner Drayton McLane being so cheap with cooling costs, that that's why the roof was was always open.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk
Arizona keeps the roof closed 90% of the year. They only open the roof and windows at night if it's cool enough to do so. During the summer months they don't open it at all due to extreme heat and monsoon season.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 12-29-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0
Revamped Franchise!!!! Outstanding. Hopefully they have a much deeper stat tracking. Please have the player cards, much like the bubble gum cards we collected as kids. Records would be fantastic as much as we can get, chasing records and measuring yourself against the greats gone by is one of the great things that baseball has over most of the other major sports. In baseball, people care about records and its history!

Please DO NOT take away the Player Options and Real MLB transactions. I read that some people find it to difficult to understand. Please, just make it an option that can be turned off as opposed to eliminating! I can not play going back to the old format of just calling up or sending down with out care.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #78
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled F...

must commentary, closed roofs, rainouts, double headers, commentary, the same tired dead horse be brought up in every thread or when some new announcement is made? Please make a single thread and discuss it there with each new announcement
Old 12-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #79
Rookie

ey215's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm interested to see what affect the Human IK Engine has. The ladder portion of the demo video made me think that maybe collision detection with the various sizes of walls in foul territory and animation may be better.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #80
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyflame21
Revamped Franchise!!!! Outstanding. Hopefully they have a much deeper stat tracking. Please have the player cards, much like the bubble gum cards we collected as kids. Records would be fantastic as much as we can get, chasing records and measuring yourself against the greats gone by is one of the great things that baseball has over most of the other major sports. In baseball, people care about records and its history!

Please DO NOT take away the Player Options and Real MLB transactions. I read that some people find it to difficult to understand. Please, just make it an option that can be turned off as opposed to eliminating! I can not play going back to the old format of just calling up or sending down with out care.
I really hope they don't eliminate the real MLB transactions too. I mean, I once found it difficult to understand, but I have a brain so I eventually learned everything. Eliminating it would take away from the realism. They should just have a simplified option for people who don't have the time or don't care to learn the transaction terminology.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »