Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

I haven't been able to get the $39.99 pre-order price... even after adding to the cart. Has anyone else had luck with this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #66
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjeffton
I haven't been able to get the $39.99 pre-order price... even after adding to the cart. Has anyone else had luck with this?
I think it was just a mistake by Target. Whoever got it for $40 was lucky.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #67
Rookie

PitholeCreek's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I don't understand this. If MLB the Show 15 turns out to be the best they have to offer at this point ( better than all previous editions) then how could a open/closed roof make you pass? I think it would be cool if Rogers Center could close but a make or break?
I can only speak for myself, but it's due to the fact that having the roof open all the time significantly affects the realism. The roof at Rogers Centre is always closed until at least late-April. Freezing cold temperatures at Rogers Centre are as realistic as rain at Tropicana Field. It's jarring aspects like this that overshadow the game's other features. If I can't enjoy playing at my favourite team's ballpark, there's simply no point in me buying the game.

A closed roof is an essential feature at Rogers Centre. It affects both the atmosphere and gameplay (the ball tends to carry better with the roof closed). In real life the Rogers Centre roof is closed about 40% of the time. Imagine Red Sox fans having to play 40% of their games at Fenway Park without the green monster. That's what it's like to play without a roof at Rogers Centre.

At some ballparks the roof is closed around 70% of the time. By not including a closed roof in those parks, SCEA has basically gotten them flat-out wrong. We're past the days of Hardball 3 and FPS: Baseball '94 where we would only get some of the major league ballparks in the base game. There's simply no excuse for not including closed-roof versions of the six major league ballparks that have retractable roofs, particularly with the game on next generation consoles. The lack of closed-roof versions of these parks is a glaring omission on the part of SCEA, and it's simply unacceptable that it hasn't been remedied to this point. I've purchased every version of this game since 2009, but like the other poster, I will not buy this game again until retractable roof stadiums are included. If SCEA won't make the effort to get my favourite team's stadium right after all these years, I see no reason to give them any more of my money.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:21 AM   #68
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
I agree. What would make it a "pass" for me is if it looked like a port of the PS3 version. I doubt that is the case though and it will look beautiful.

I highly doubt it is a port of the ps3 version. I'm pretty sure their main focus is PS4 and PS3 is starting to be the least of their worries. That's what happens to every last gen game now.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #69
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser
I highly doubt it is a port of the ps3 version. I'm pretty sure their main focus is PS4 and PS3 is starting to be the least of their worries. That's what happens to every last gen game now.
I know, but that's just how MLB '14 felt.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #70
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15
MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled F...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
I know, but that's just how MLB '14 felt.

Well it was it's PS4 debut so they didn't have all the time they do now to work on it. NBA 2k14 was the same way, with just better animations and a different mode.
I bet MLB 15 will be pretty great!
Old 12-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #71
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You think the tag system is user inputted? I was thinking of it as a cleaned up system that automatically applied the appropriate types of tags depending on the situation.
In that case, I never had a beef with the tags before. Well, except one time but I think it was an AI issue really.

Maybe if the ball can be kicked out, you can cancel a tag for the sake of a throw elsewhere, or something else, I was just figuring that this isn't as "gameplay related" as I would have expected.

Don't need user-inputted tags though, I just didn't think much of tags problematically before, so I'm just speculating on what other kinds of user control we might have.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #72
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled F...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser
Well it was it's PS4 debut so they didn't have all the time they do now to work on it. NBA 2k14 was the same way, with just better animations and a different mode.
I bet MLB 15 will be pretty great!
I agree with you. I'm ready to dive into the overhauled Franchise mode and take on the world with the Yankees without Jeter!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »