Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #49
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7
I wanted Tiger Stadium in the game.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2
Looking forward to hearing more info on the engine and commentary... This is some great news!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:45 PM   #51
Rookie

PitholeCreek's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I am a bit worried that retractable roof stadiums will still only be open being that I imagined it probably would of been announced already.
I'm getting concerned about this as well, especially in light of the fact that retractable roofs have been pushed back year after year after year. I realize that there are more features to be announced, but retractable roofs are one thing I would've expected to have been announced if they were going to be included. They would be in line with the other graphical improvements to the game.

Hopefully the inclusion of retractable roofs will be announced soon. Their absence for another year would be completely unacceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 01:36 AM   #52
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

I wonder if the tag system is anything like I've suggested once. It was basically as follows;

Tagging is mapped to a button, say R1. When you're at a base, tap R1 for a swipe-tag. You'll have to time it right, but the tag will go straight down to wherever the guy is sliding. Otherwise, hold down the tag to keep your glove down, but you'll have to manually swivel left or right to get somebody hook sliding.

I did not have a system in place for tagging somebody in a rundown.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-29-2014, 01:44 AM   #53
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I wonder if the tag system is anything like I've suggested once. It was basically as follows;

Tagging is mapped to a button, say R1. When you're at a base, tap R1 for a swipe-tag. You'll have to time it right, but the tag will go straight down to wherever the guy is sliding. Otherwise, hold down the tag to keep your glove down, but you'll have to manually swivel left or right to get somebody hook sliding.

I did not have a system in place for tagging somebody in a rundown.
It could probably work the same. Just R1 to reach out and tag.

Watch me play video games
Old 12-29-2014, 01:47 AM   #54
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
It could probably work the same. Just R1 to reach out and tag.
What I mean though is risk-reward for tapping versus holding. For example, in a rundown the ball might be in your hand, so tapping it will make your player tag with the ball so you can still be moving quickly and be ready to throw if needed (but would need to be timed again), while holding R1 means a transition into the glove where a timing mechanism isn't needed but now you couldn't get the ball out or you might be moving more slowly.

By the way, loving what I'm hearing so far! I have a feeling that Puig trailer has very little of the things we are going to be looking forward to!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-29-2014, 03:37 AM   #55
Rookie

ARMORALLL's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitholeCreek
I'm getting concerned about this as well, especially in light of the fact that retractable roofs have been pushed back year after year after year. I realize that there are more features to be announced, but retractable roofs are one thing I would've expected to have been announced if they were going to be included. They would be in line with the other graphical improvements to the game.

Hopefully the inclusion of retractable roofs will be announced soon. Their absence for another year would be completely unacceptable.
If they don't at least have an option to play with a closed roof in Toronto then I'm sitting this year out and waiting for 2016. I still have a season going with 13 so I'll stick with that as long as this is ignored.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 04:36 AM   #56
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

So with the statement that we'll get the most gameplay additions ever will we finally get to call or call off the cut-off man after the throw!? I have a good feeling about it this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »