Home

Madden NFL 15: How to Minimize Sacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: How to Minimize Sacks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #9
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15: How to Minimize Sacks

Honestly....it's the right combination of sliders that makes a difference. It's all about getting a reasonable block set-up first (without too high of an offsides slider) and then all of the other sliders built to where you want them.

From there, you just have to find the right intentional grounding slider setting where there is a balance between getting rid of the ball and throwing downfield. Really, IG is the key. Too low, and the QBs play like idiots (running around or dumping the ball off). Too high and they don't get rid of the ball fast enough. The problem is that the IG setting is dependent on most of the other sliders and settings...tweak one of them and then you have to re-adjust it. It CAN be done; I've done it with my slider set and my highest sack game was with 4 (and usually I get 1 or 2 per game) and I use no "house rules".
Old 12-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
The sack issue is why I shelved Madden months ago.

There is no solution for it. All the things mentioned in the op has met mixed results or moved the problem to another area.

EA's refusal and/or inability to fix this via a patch left a very sour taste in my mouth. They gained favor with many of the things they did, but how they handled this probably cost them this customer.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #11
Rookie

batwood06's Arena

OVR: 0

The cpu gets what the cpu wants. So as long as you're not getting an inordinate amount of sacks, just go with it.

I got Matthias kiwanuka into the pro bowl and I am not ashamed lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #12
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I learned to live with it when it rears it's ugly head. I love the game overall, and am playing the crap out of it. It is a flaw and a big one. But I expect it to be addressed for Madden 16.

In the meantime a few of the suggestions above are great.

1. Do not jump the snap is a huge one. Yes it is a feature. But it is really good for human vs human. When your playing the CPU....just use your moves sans the jump.

2. Coverage LB when he is supposed to rush the passer is another great suggestion.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I learned to live with it when it rears it's ugly head. I love the game overall, and am playing the crap out of it. It is a flaw and a big one. But I expect it to be addressed for Madden 16.

In the meantime a few of the suggestions above are great.

1. Do not jump the snap is a huge one. Yes it is a feature. But it is really good for human vs human. When your playing the CPU....just use your moves sans the jump.

2. Coverage LB when he is supposed to rush the passer is another great suggestion.
I think how much the issue takes away from one's enjoyment is largely due to the team(s) they play with and the playstyle they use.

I use the Ravens. Having 3 guys consistently threaten the sack record kills it for me. If my team had a less talented front 7 or something I could possibly get past the sack issue.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:21 AM   #14
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
I agree, the issue sucks big time. I'm glad some of you guys are chiming in though, with other helpful suggestions and feedback. This is the best Madden we've gotten in many years, so we have to try to make the best of it, especially if we've already bought it. I choose to try to solve as many issues as a I can, and as I wrote, every suggestion won't work for everyone. I'm doing my best to enjoy the game that we have, and I can't say it enough, check out the Madden sliders forum.

I'm glad the piece is getting some attention and I hope I've helped someone, in some way, enjoy Madden 15 a little bit more.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:10 AM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I think how much the issue takes away from one's enjoyment is largely due to the team(s) they play with and the playstyle they use.

I use the Ravens. Having 3 guys consistently threaten the sack record kills it for me. If my team had a less talented front 7 or something I could possibly get past the sack issue.
I play as the Fins......it really does get under my skin with Wake, Jordan and Starks atop the sacks leaders two straight years. But....I still choose to overlook it as the game is so much fun again. Sometimes I do SMH but it is what it is.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 12-27-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #16
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Something that isn't on the list but possibly should be:

Pass Commit

I'm still not sure if it has an contributing effect, but by it's "definition"...it could...

I use it, and also run a blitz heavy Attacking 43 (without house rules) and have reasonable sack totals...but that was VERY time consuming to achieve this year...and recreate after the last patch...

Lastly:

It's important to take the sim engine's relatively low team sack totals into account...individual sack leaders are fairly well represented statistically, but the team sack totals are not...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »