Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #81
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

I'm Happy to see major improvements. Passes have gotten a lot better and so did defense. But offense doesn't feel quite as responsive, but it is close enough that I can't notice.

And walking the ball up is so slow that you would practically get an 8 seconds call walking up.

I'm satisfied but hoping they still make defense a little better, walking up a little better, and passes a little better.

It plays great though imo. Still couldn't play on ball defense online like Live but still happy to see it's a lot better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Play only one mode - the whole game is bad? Nah
I've played online head to head and its more annoying than fun. MyTeam isn't appealing to me and association it whatever it's called isn't fun either. I play in HOF Simulation and I often miss wide open lay ups and the computer makes contested jumpers all day long. So instead of dealing with that I play MyCareer which is in my opinion the best game mode there is on 2k. 2ks animation driven game is definitely annoying to me. I was hoping that 2k15 would eliminate some of that seeing that 2k14 was GREAT, but also was super animation driven. The whole game has a sense of floatiness to it, like it's in some dream world. Offball movement is great, but again the purpose is defeated when the offball player becomes stuck in an animation when making cuts. I liked the shooting system on 2k14 better, now shooting seems to take forever... NBA players have quick release why am I holding the stick for as long as I am. The game speed just isn't there for me by default, maybe there is a slider I can adjust but at the same time the game should come out of the box as sim ready as possible. Im gonna give it some more time, but right now I'm not enjoying it.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #83
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
1. NOWHERE in any notes or statements did anyone say that "floaty" passes would be eliminated. To continue to harp on it is silly. Not every pass is fast in the NBA. And many passes in the game are lasers.

2. What does "good enough" even mean? Do you even flick the right stick or feather the left stick? There are 3 zones on left stick plus the flicks. Modifying with RT, you have 8 different ways to move in one direction. Defense is on you. Figure it out. The tools are there.

3. Your last statement is the one I smh at. Take the handful of imperfections, and measure that versus the litany of thing that the game does extremely well, and tell me why people shouldn't praise the game. NOONE in this world claims any game is perfect. So why act as if any praise is unwarranted? How is this statement: "The game is pretty damned good. But people will continue to complain as if it's unplayable"
I never said floaty passes are eliminated, but at the same time why are the passes floaty to begin with? When I say defense isn't good enough, I know how to control a defender but due to 2k being animation driven opposed to control driven I feel like I'm fighting the animations sometimes. Actually as far as my last statement people do praise this game as if it was heaven sent and its no where near that. The game is decent, and sometimes I have fun with it, but frustration is the main thing I feel when playing it and not because I lose... Because I win a lot, but because the control over my player should outweigh the animations, which isn't the case
Old 12-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #84
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmb4life
Dear Constatine,

At last, my friend, I bring you good news. The mythical Holy Patch has been recovered and has been dispersed amongst the Microsoft brethren. The sense of joy and relief is so thick in the air that I swear you can taste it. The city inhabitants dance and frolic throughout the streets and I would certainly be a liar if I told you that I did not join them in the excitement.

Ah Constatine, what a fight we've endured and I often wonder what has become of my friend Scofield during this harsh wait. I've not received a letter from him in quite some time and I do fear that he has succumbed to the horrid fight for justice. What do I tell his dear mother if what I believe is to be true? However, if there is truth to my assumptions, then I find solace that his death was not in vain for we have seen the glory of the coming of the Holy Patch. I just pray I am wrong and he returns safe and sound and is able to join us yet again in the annual playing of the "basketball".

We've suffered but we were steadfast in our pursuit for justice and equality. I've held my tongue many a time as I was laughed at, ridiculed and spat upon by the upper-classed PS4 nobility. But oh Constatine, mark my words my friend, I foresee a time where we XB1 users will have the final laugh. They will come to rue the day they ever mocked us. But thats enough of my vindictive ramblings. Do come visit upon your return back to the mainlands. The King will be holding a city wide feast and I would love for you to be there as we partake in good food and video games.

In Sim Baller we trust,
-Abigail
Dearest Abigail,

Who is this Constantine you speak of? Have you forgotten your beloved Scofield? I have been mortally wounded in the search. My return home is...

LOLOLOL

Its good to see that folks finally have what they need. Chris and Ronnie got shoved out of the escape pod on this one though. Im wondering if any of the fallout from this will prompt the powers that be to change how they go about their business on this front. Doubtful I think. Guess we'll see.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #85
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
I never said floaty passes are eliminated, but at the same time why are the passes floaty to begin with? When I say defense isn't good enough, I know how to control a defender but due to 2k being animation driven opposed to control driven I feel like I'm fighting the animations sometimes. Actually as far as my last statement people do praise this game as if it was heaven sent and its no where near that. The game is decent, and sometimes I have fun with it, but frustration is the main thing I feel when playing it and not because I lose... Because I win a lot, but because the control over my player should outweigh the animations, which isn't the case
In all seriousness you should try NBA Live. I play on ball defense on it, have a lot more control. Animations can be ugly sometimes but the fan base that plays it loves it for those reasons.

I love both games and that's why I can say that. Live puts more control in your hands. Dribbling is great, defense responsive. 2k just looks and plays realistic in my opinion and has one of the best balances. Post play you can dominate, outside game can be dominated. Great players play great. Average players still exist and can still play to their strengths, rebounding is good, etc.

With more game modes, face scan and a better balance overall in realism I lean towards 2k but not by far. People ate sleeping on Live, especially with how bad 14 was. But it's decent so I would think about it. It's not about the better game, but it might be better for you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
In all seriousness you should try NBA Live. I play on ball defense on it, have a lot more control. Animations can be ugly sometimes but the fan base that plays it loves it for those reasons.

I love both games and that's why I can say that. Live puts more control in your hands. Dribbling is great, defense responsive. 2k just looks and plays realistic in my opinion and has one of the best balances. Post play you can dominate, outside game can be dominated. Great players play great. Average players still exist and can still play to their strengths, rebounding is good, etc.

With more game modes, face scan and a better balance overall in realism I lean towards 2k but not by far. People ate sleeping on Live, especially with how bad 14 was. But it's decent so I would think about it. It's not about the better game, but it might be better for you
I play live for that reason... I have both games but I play live for the control, however it doesn't look as good as 2k animation wise. Graphically to me its a toss up or player by player basis. I just want one of these games that has that perfect sense of control and good animations... I guess I'm living in dream world
Old 12-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #87
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10

Some1 said that u know if u have the patch by looking at MCW hair… how should it look like? I just started a NBA Today game and I saw that MCW had a low dark even cut. Do I have the patch?

This is crazy how I don't know if I DL it or not smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameich
Some1 said that u know if u have the patch by looking at MCW hair… how should it look like? I just started a NBA Today game and I saw that MCW had a low dark even cut. Do I have the patch?

This is crazy how I don't know if I DL it or not smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah MCW has that little fro thing going now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »