Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #1369
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Incl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I've seen EA publically acknowledge when a patch has been rejected and when they've had to pull a patch.
Seems to me theyre saying well when we get it from 2k because maybe they did reject it if it was originally submitted which we know was the case.

Its all in the same point of the process but people dont care because thats not what they want to hear.

I've had the PC and got no patch at all while consoles did so I can relate but some of this stuff is just piling on and its gotten way over the top. The internet
Old 12-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #1370
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Incl

I'm new in this forum but I though 2k members were usually around, having a community manager and not dropping a single line about the issue has not been nice at all.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #1371
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgozalb
I'm new in this forum but I though 2k members were usually around, having a community manager and not dropping a single line about the issue has not been nice at all.
No, the community manager has dropped a line, people just want more.

It's also been noted that the patch was sent back to 2k for changes. At this point there is nothing anyone can do accept wait for the process to finish itself out. If PS Europe got it back then im sure MS is next if they don't have it already which is likely the case.

All you can do now is accept this situation or keep regurgitating the same things, and some will likely end up banned for getting over emotional and breaking the TOS which has been happening throughout this thread already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #1372
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

It's also been noted that the patch was sent back to 2k for changes. At this point there is nothing anyone can do accept wait for the process to finish itself out. If PS Europe got it back then im sure MS is next if they don't have it already which is likely the case.

All you can do now is accept this situation or keep regurgitating the same things, and some will likely end up banned for getting over emotional and breaking the TOS which has been happening throughout this thread already.
When did it get sent back to 2k?
Old 12-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #1373
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Probably coming from a person that is ether perfect at his job or has no clue about anything related to writing major applications. No offense. But his statement is just insanely naive.

How you extrapolated that point, I have NO idea. Let's do the math. On average, if you say the chance for error is greater than zero, the larger your code, the larger the error due to interdependencies. Error compounds with size! It doesn't hold steady. There is no major application that is bug free. That's not an excuse, that's a PATTERN. The **** is HARD. And most major applications don't have the same rev cycle as a sports game. So come off that high horse and deal. Of course it sucks and they should strive to make **** cleaner. But it's a balancing act between playing it safe by making few changes to the game beyond bug fixing, and shipping a game with enough new crap worthy of a repurchase. When you figure that perfect balance, shoot them your resume. I'm sure you'd be well compensated for your expertise.
What does "writing for major applications" has to do with the issue at hand? I work on the high tech industry, if the software I work on gets released with feature breaking bugs, my team loses their job and the company loses a partner. The end of story. No throwing **** back at the consumer and making excuses. That's the math, consumer pissed = you fuked.

You do understand bigger game size does not necessarily mean "bigger code", right? In fact barely any new gen game did a major AI overhaul. For example, most FPS are still using Doom logic.

Simply because there is no bug free game, that does not mean is open season to release half ased games with game breaking bugs. That's what fueled the gaming crash of the 80's, poor standards and attention to detail. If you wanna keep your fanbase you better be dead sure what you release is near perfection. Be it games with 40gb of textures or 100.

Last edited by SEGAfan; 12-13-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #1374
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

23 the whole they were telling us to contact Sony because they had already submitted the patch and as you may have read many times here Sony said they received nothing. They could just said that the patch wasn't ready or it had been sent back, heck, that's why they have a Community manager. Here is a proof were it was sent for approval ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418493360.816440.jpg
Old 12-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #1375
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgozalb
They have, but that all get lost after X amounts of pages where people have 100's of theories about someone trying to crew them.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #1376
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
When did it get sent back to 2k?
Does it mattet?

Ask Microsoft customer service experience why they didn't Inform you.

Like I said doesn't matter what info is given its never going to be enough. Smh
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »