Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #1361
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Incl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Looks like they're in the same boat this time

Unless EA & 2k are conspiring to make MS look bad, looks like there may be something going on over there...

Damn. I guess the folks threatening to defect have nowhere to run now. 😉
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #1362
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Incl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
EA released that patch less than a day ago. 2k released their patch almost a week ago.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #1363
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Looks like they're in the same boat this time

Unless EA & 2k are conspiring to make MS look bad, looks like there may be something going on over there...
At least they are communicating
Old 12-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #1364
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
At least they are communicating

It's the exact same thing 2k has been saying, lol
Old 12-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #1365
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGAfan
I find white knighting for mediocrity to be way more "funny" than any "crying". This gen could be putting on 1 terabytes games and that still wouldn't excuse the poor state some of these games are released.
Probably coming from a person that is either perfect at his job or has no clue about anything related to writing major applications. No offense. But this statement is just insanely naive. And nice strawman. Ironic that we are not talking about the quality of the game or patch, but the lack of transparency.

Quote:
The logic that because my neighbor sucks at his job that must excuse me to half *** mine is dangerous. If anything the first "1mb games" had it way tougher job because there was zero knowledge about making games out there and they had to create new technology for them.

How you extrapolated that point, I have NO idea. Let's do the math. On average, if you say the chance for error is greater than zero, the larger your code, the larger the error due to interdependencies. Error compounds with size! It doesn't hold steady. There is no major application that is bug free. That's not an excuse, that's a PATTERN. The **** is HARD. And most major applications don't have the same rev cycle as a sports game. So come off that high horse and deal. Of course it sucks and they should strive to make **** cleaner. But it's a balancing act between playing it safe by making few changes to the game beyond bug fixing, and shipping a game with enough new crap worthy of a repurchase. When you figure that perfect balance, shoot them your resume. I'm sure you'd be well compensated for your expertise.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 12-13-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #1366
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz

It was originally supposed to drop this morning, then they changed the ETA...that's why I posted as an FYI...it would appear there's some kind of issue....

This could all be moot if they end up dropping t later today, we'll see..
Old 12-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #1367
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
It's the exact same thing 2k has been saying, lol

EXACTLY!

Quote:
It was originally supposed to drop this morning, then they changed the ETA...that's why I posted as an FYI...it would appear there's some kind of issue....

This could all be moot if they end up dropping t later today, we'll see..

True. That would indicate something more minor than what's holding up 2K15. Which I would expect to be the case since Live is a much smaller game. ...
Old 12-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #1368
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I will warn that some of you guys need to cool it on the sentiment of getting close to the point of attacking someone who's "an amercian PS4 user" in the tone you are using it because its dangerously close to being a violation.

I dont care how upset you are, its really not that serious
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »