Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #1353
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Incl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
lol you do know games used to be released with out the need of so many patches right?

the game is only out for 3 months and we are on our #3 patch lol
Yeah, and we just dealt with whatever out-of-the-box bugs they had because there was no choice. I hate this argument.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #1354
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Incl

This game ****ing sucks to play with as the clippers in my career.

Less than 1 minute to go we are up by 2, after the CPU comeback AI cheese code lets the heat go on a 17-2 run, CP3 decides instead of running down the clock let me do my patented NBA go for an alley oop on every possession to lead to a turnover. He does this twice with less than a minute to go.

2k needs to seriously redo the tendencies for the alley oop. I've lost so many close games because CP3 averaged 9-10 turnovers a game 6-7 of them coming on stupid *** ****ing alley oop attempts.

"You play to win the game."
Old 12-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #1355
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
lol you do know games used to be released with out the need of so many patches right?

So you would rather play a game without the patches? If so then just delete the patch, or don't download and enjoy.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #1356
J.C
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lol. I just re purchased the game off the back of this patch and I find out It's not even out in Europe.

This is why you should be 100% clear with your announcements.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:04 AM   #1357
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C
Lol. I just re purchased the game off the back of this patch and I find out It's not even out in Europe.

This is why you should be 100% clear with your announcements.
Their communication has been shocking
Old 12-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #1358
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_M3
Lol this guy/girl always defending 2k

You mean like I defend the piss poor online leagues? Nice try. All I'm saying is that being pissed off is fine. But folks are really going nuts about it and I find it funny. But you haven't answered my question. Do you REALLY expect transparency on the red tape of the industry that you've rarely gotten before? Would you rather they held back the PS4 and PC skus to wait for XO one other regions? Don't try to deflect just to validate your crying. It's not needed. You're justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Once again, if you don't agree with what's being said, you're obviously in the wrong thread. Nobody forced you into reading the complaints.

Since when did a person have to agree with a thread to post in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansuns23
dude, shut up.

Gosh. I never thought of it that way. Nice rebuttal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I've seen EA publically acknowledge when a patch has been rejected and when they've had to pull a patch.

That's true. I stand corrected. But it's friggin rare and if I recall, it didn't really placate anyone.

Quote:

Hold on. First. That's complete and utterly false. No AAA game has ever shipped issue free. Secondly, people just had to live with those issues. Don't confuse the fact of not having a patch to not needing a patch. Last and most importantly, NO game from the golden era of yours can compare to the size and scope of games today. FF VII was 7 disc on a system that had 2 MEGABYTES of RAM. We are taking about games that are now up to 4000 times larger in executable size and at least 20 times larger in data. So any expectation of error free gaming is complete nonsense. ESPECIALLY for an annual release title. And as for the 3 patches, patch 2 was an emergency patch and was limited to specific changes. That was pretty much a hotfix and a conscious decision to fix a specific problem. Far from a real patch.

Thanks to the guys that actually responded to my question. We agree on some points and I respect your positions on the others. Overall, I will say that if you don't release the Ps4 US patch when it's ready, then you've pissed off you biggest segment of your audience. For those complaining that you can't play with friends or of the region, this is only temporary guys. You can still play the game. It's not broken. It's pretty good. Is the patch a significant step up? No doubt. But you can still play the game. And it a game. It's not as if we are talking about a doctor that isn't telling you the condition of a suffering loved one. A little perspective is in order in my opinion. Yes, it's fine to be pissed. But the lynch mob vibe running in the thread is over the top and I find it funny. So carry on. I'm cool with it. That's all I was saying.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 12-13-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #1359
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I've seen EA publically acknowledge when a patch has been rejected and when they've had to pull a patch.

Looks like they're in the same boat this time

Unless EA & 2k are conspiring to make MS look bad, looks like there may be something going on over there...
Old 12-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #1360
Rookie

OVR: 0

I find white knighting for mediocrity to be way more "funny" than any "crying". This gen could be putting on 1 terabytes games and that still wouldn't excuse the poor state some of these games are released.

The logic that because my neighbor sucks at his job that must excuse me to half *** mine is dangerous. If anything the first "1mb games" had it way tougher job because there was zero knowledge about making games out there and they had to create new technology for them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »