Home

NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
The other great part is their "content" updates don't even work. And I have now been for a month trying to get answers from EA and they keep saying its "escalated to the developer" but never hear anything. What a joke.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:07 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2
I don't think the team should be blamed. It is most surely a decision of EA management to rush this game, an unfinished product. They should have skip a year, but they prefer to fraud peoples of their money. This isn't surprising from EA, and you should always wait before buying their product, to be sure it isn't another greedy release on their parts
Old 12-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #35
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement

Wow, you really have to wonder if they even want to earn any trust back from the fanbase of this series. The decisions that have been made regarding NHL 15 next gen are just... crazy. There's no other way to describe it. I'm not sure why I still have this game in my collection really. I enjoy hockey, and enjoy hockey games. I had fun playing the game when I only basically thought of it as just that... a video game to kill time. It leaves alot to be desired though, especially when you compare it to past versions.

Just really surprised that after the disaster the release was, they can just carry on with their marketing and hype of insignificant things like this, when they sure as well know that fans are upset over the product itself. Pretty crazy of them to do something like this, knowing full well how upset people still are with the game itself.

They're going to have to prove alot with NHL16 if they even want to consider the thought of having good sales numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #36
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

What happened to the 3 man celebrations that were supposed to be in the game that they were working on?

What happened to the ease with which Ray Ferraro could come in and record some updated commentary that they could put into the game?

The list goes on and on of nothing but empty promises. They need to overhaul the team immediately. Focusing on HUT is not the way to go.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #37
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeau
I don't think the team should be blamed. It is most surely a decision of EA management to rush this game, an unfinished product. They should have skip a year, but they prefer to fraud peoples of their money. This isn't surprising from EA, and you should always wait before buying their product, to be sure it isn't another greedy release on their parts
They did skip a year and this is what we got.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:31 AM   #38
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkle
Unfortunately, the reality I fear is that EA assumes that because it did so bad they no longer feel they need to dedicate time to it.

Also considering there's no rival game at the moment, there's no real need to improve upon anything at a fast rate.
I couldnt be happier that I skipped buying this game. What a complete dud. I dont care if they ever release a hockey game again. Someone eventually will. No band-aid fixes wanted here, I'd rather wait it out until another company does it right. I highly doubt 16 will be good.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #39
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4
It's always been the same with EA Sports. A line of broken promises that goes from New York to EA Canada in Vancouver. Every year they try to pump up their fan base with promises that they never deliver on and it's not just this current group of programmers...it goes back....WAY back to SEGA and PC hockey games.Don't know what the numbers are for this year's sales but it can't be good. That and only that is what catches their eye.....anyone who has played their games for any length of time knows that they are not quality driven. The only thing that ever moves them is the bottom line.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:07 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4
All EA care about is money, so all this Ultimate Team crap is obviously a priority for them. If suckers with more money than sense stopped paying for UT then EA might get the message, but because it's a cash bonanza for them, why should they bother.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »