Home

MLB 15 The Show Screenshots Captured From Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Screenshots Captured From Trailer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-11-2014, 06:51 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
There is more than just Nike, since you keep bringing it up... Listen to the PS Nation podcast for more info:

http://www.psnation.com/2014/12/09/e...more-than-one/

Or follow this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=812090

You're welcome.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro
Sorry man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 07:37 AM   #42
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Screenshots Captured From Trailer

St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 12-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #43
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
Well Blzer, I'll hop on board with you here. I honestly hope that I eat the biggest plate of crow, but I'm just envisioning more incremental tweaks, other than the overhaul to animations/all textures/physics this game really needs.

I guess we will see.
Ah, I see. I should actually tone down a bit, then. I'm not expecting overhauls, but I am expecting directorial shifts.

One thing Russell commented on in the PSNation podcast (as he does often) is was regarding "year one" of a developmental stage for player personalities. They have done this a lot with a lot of different features and modes. Unlike other companies/franchises, SCEA doesn't innovate, scrap, re-innovate, etc. They build on foundations, and they are exceedingly consistent in doing so.

With regard to certain visual things, this is sometimes hard to do. I asked perhaps one of the most important interview questions that can be asked once... whether developers ever tackle things over multiple years without our knowledge and then finally put it in several years later. The answer went two ways: sometimes it's put in and then built over many years (certain modes like RttS and DD, then things like ball physics), and some things get thrown in once realized (player models, lighting engine, even getting the glove to close and probably getting roofs to close, etc).

I think this game's graphical fidelity will remain unchanged. That was my first disappointment of MLB 14 last year because I was expecting a re-envisioned style of art, among other things. Instead, we kind of got a higher resolution version of what was in the PS3 (and PS2) versions. I mean it's good, but we know what it can be and it might not quite be there. In this case, I'm thinking as you're thinking: adding layers to its current breed of polygons and textures isn't going to sway one's thinking on how the game looks in the end, as it will largely look the same.

That being said, some of the small things can mask things to look significantly different, from the camera angles to the score bug (presentation package), and from the lighting engine to the physics engine (hard-coded systems). These can change. Will all of them? I don't know, this development cycle probably wasn't as long as next year's will be.

I think I'm allotting myself to be more defensive because I know it's early December, and I also didn't own MLB 14 (not enough time to play it), so I know I'll be owning MLB 15 (still won't be much time to play it, but I'll start taking care of franchise carry-over). Honestly, the only thing that could start to pull me away this year is if directional hitting became the only option and it acted exactly as it does in games like MVP. I tend to think that won't be the case, though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #44
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

I think this game's graphical fidelity will remain unchanged. That was my first disappointment of MLB 14 last year because I was expecting a re-envisioned style of art, .

that statement is perfect. earlier this year I was mention something similar about art direction when the pics and videos of the ps4 version was starting to come and quite a few were very disappointed that it looked slightly better than the ps3's version, when you have the same art team year after year, things are going to look similar. That is why games like call of duty always look like call of duty and uncharted games look like uncharted, etc. etc. same developer same art team same art style.

I believe a you and I and a lot of people here were expecting just that a (re-envision art style) for this new gen but unfortunately I don't think we will ever see that unless SCEA dumps their art staff and re-staff starting all over from scratch and lets face it that isn't going to happen. So for those looking for a totally different looking baseball game better hope that another developer like EA or something starts making baseball games again. The Show is always and forever is going to look like The Show. As long as they keep taking strides and improving things here and there, I'm completely fine with that, it could be worse we could of been stuck playing 2k baseball games or no baseball games at all for that matter.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #45
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
that statement is perfect. earlier this year I was mention something similar about art direction when the pics and videos of the ps4 version was starting to come and quite a few were very disappointed that it looked slightly better than the ps3's version, when you have the same art team year after year, things are going to look similar. That is why games like call of duty always look like call of duty and uncharted games look like uncharted, etc. etc. same developer same art team same art style.

I believe a you and I and a lot of people here were expecting just that a (re-envision art style) for this new gen but unfortunately I don't think we will ever see that unless SCEA dumps their art staff and re-staff starting all over from scratch and lets face it that isn't going to happen. So for those looking for a totally different looking baseball game better hope that another developer like EA or something starts making baseball games again. The Show is always and forever is going to look like The Show. As long as they keep taking strides and improving things here and there, I'm completely fine with that, it could be worse we could of been stuck playing 2k baseball games or no baseball games at all for that matter.
While I don't really disagree with what you are saying, have you seen the leap Uncharted 4 is about to make in the visuals department?

To wit:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #46
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strings74
While I don't really disagree with what you are saying, have you seen the leap Uncharted 4 is about to make in the visuals department?

To wit:

I have not seen that picture, I did however watch the 15min game play video of uncharted 4 and to me it looks like uncharted with some improved/ new animation and better resolution but it still the same formula and gameplay,and still looks like a naughty dog game. I do believe character model in The Show will change some throughout the years with different body types and finer details among everything else in game , but I guess what I'm getting at that we won't ever see a completely different looking/playing game. it will always look like a game made by the same developers.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #47
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I have not seen that picture, I did however watch the 15min game play video of uncharted 4 and to me it looks like uncharted with some improved/ new animation and better resolution but it still the same formula and gameplay,and still looks like a naughty dog game. I do believe character model in The Show will change some throughout the years with different body types and finer details among everything else in game , but I guess what I'm getting at that we won't ever see a completely different looking/playing game. it will always look like a game made by the same developers.
I agree. the NBA 2k series did a good job of up****** it's visual style while maintaining its identity. I'm sure The Show will get there eventually.

It's interesting how The Show kind of drove the other games for a time and now it may be the reverse.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #48
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I'd say the majority of development time for platformers and sandbox games are on story elements and environments. Remember, baseball games largely use the same rules (as it is for that sport anyway), venues, rosters, and commentary. Other games have to revamp all of that for each new iteration.

The rest of it would be devoted to what you're talking about, and then some: character models, AI, online play, game design features, etc. Of course, they have more development time... but I just think most of that is done in pre-alpha, then they have to really go through the entire map of the whole game and make sure everything goes as expected.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »