Home

NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #9
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement

The title of this article could've just been "NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed" and it would have been just as appropriate.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #10
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Just hope this series doesn't kill themselves like NBA Live did, it took em years and now there finally starting to get something going.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #11
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

The problem is that there seems to be zero direction with the NHL series. With the NBA 2K series, there was some direction. The MyCareer was better this year than last and you could see improvement. There is no improvement with the Be A Pro in NHL 15 this year. In fact, it is worse than its last generation counterpart. There's so many mistakes in a game that supposedly had a two year cycle and now the support from EA is gone.

While Madden continues to update its roster weekly, the NHL team hasn't done it once this season. There seems to be zero support outside of new ways to spend your money. If this is what NHL games are going to become then I don't think I can support this franchise, this team and this publisher. I just can't do it anymore.

I passed on 15 because EASHL was my thing. Outside of Be A GM, where I barely made it past the all-star break, EASHL is where I spent all of my time. Hours and hours on a Friday night dumped into 3v3 or 4v4 with my group of friends.

Even if EASHL does return in 16 (and I would be surprised if it didn't), I don't know if I want to back a team that doesn't seem to really care about the product they are putting out. I am not a guy who wants to see people lose jobs but the product has become stagnant and a once innovative title is slipping into below average territory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #12

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Unless EA fixes up their games big time or I just get real stupid/desperate to play a new EA NHL game years from now, I won't ever be buying a EA Sports NHL game again.

I've been playing NHL video games for 15 years now and at one point, EA Sports was even my fave company out there, but that has quickly changed and now I hate EA Sports almost as bad as I hated THQ(thankfully THQ is dead now).

They just refuse to fix some of the major gameplay problems in the game(too few penalties,too many passing issues,CPU gets so many rebounds/rebound goals,puck control for the users are horrible,and sliders in general are broken), and instead just focus their time/effort on HUT and all these stupid gimmicks. And have that horrible PR guy who dodges more questions than a politician and acts more annoying that pushy commission salesmen. He's even blamed the CUSTOMERS for why certain issues occur in the game, instead of trying to fix some issues,he said it was because of how people play the game, as to why some things do(or don't) happen....Just amazes me the types of things they do at times/lengths they go to in order to defend their mistakes.

Last edited by Majingir; 12-09-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #13
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
More than likely the team is spending their time on 16. It doesnt make financial sense to put any more work into 15, since most have declared it a disaster.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #14

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
More than likely the team is spending their time on 16. It doesnt make financial sense to put any more work into 15, since most have declared it a disaster.
And people have said that about NHL15 when NHL 14 was out. And about NHL14 when NHL13 was out. And about NHL13 when NHL12 was out.......You get the point.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Unless EA fixes up their games big time or I just get real stupid/desperate to play a new EA NHL game years from now, I won't ever be buying a EA Sports NHL game again.

I've been playing NHL video games for 15 years now and at one point, EA Sports was even my fave company out there, but that has quickly changed and now I hate EA Sports almost as bad as I hated THQ(thankfully THQ is dead now).

They just refuse to fix some of the major gameplay problems in the game(too few penalties,too many passing issues,CPU gets so many rebounds/rebound goals,puck control for the users are horrible,and sliders in general are broken)
Just like they refuse the make player attributes affect anything. I like playing "coach mode" and I really can't see any difference between John Scott and Nathan Gerbe... And that is why I don't play their games anymore, NHL 13 was so bad that I couldn't persuade myself to buy 14 or 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
It doesnt make financial sense to put any more work into 15, since most have declared it a disaster.
UFC and NBA Live 15 have both underperformed in sales, like NHL 15 has, yet both games are still receiving new content and updates to modes that aren't Ultimate Team.

NHL 15 has basically been left for dead since the October 21 title update that added a half-baked version of Online Team Play. EA hasn't even updated the player ratings a single time since release day; that's the least they could do for the people who bought this year's game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »