Home

MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #169
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
And your point? What are you trying to say?
Plural meaning more then one brand. Just because you only saw Nike does not mean it is just Nike.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:48 PM   #170
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
And your point? What are you trying to say?
What are YOU trying to say? Hopefully it's something along the lines of "I'm aware the game won't be finished for another 4 months, which is 1/3rd of their entire development cycle. I also realize they probably haven't finished adding the other brands of equipment yet."
Old 12-09-2014, 02:43 AM   #171
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
ROFL....Madden looks worse by far...aND NBA has to render less then half what MLB the show does.. baseball stadiums are huge, they dont have to worry about rendering near as many polygons or detail as MLB does, they have an advantage. Also wait until we see more, one compressed video you cannot judge the videos, games like the show look way better in motion.

Madden looks a lot worse when it comes to the way it moves the animation but better out side of that. The thing about NBA having less just sounds like an excuse because guess what mlb the show had hands down the best graphics last gen. So if that was an issue then wouldn't NBA have looked better last gen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #172
Pro

OVR: 5

I have been an obsessed fan of the MLB The Show series since its inception. I've always been ridiculously excited when each year's new trailer came out and never understood the people who were unimpressed. This year is the first year that I can sadly say I am truly unimpressed with the trailer. I know, I know, it's just the first glimpse we have, but still. To me it looks exactly the same as last year's edition. I couldn't care less about licensed equipment. I care about gameplay, graphics, sound, announcers, stats, animations, etc., none of which has been featured in the trailer.

Legends sounds cool, but seems completely superfluous since we already have the Roster Vault. Crossover saves I guess is nice, but over the past few years, my Franchises tend to dwindle away around the end of the summer, and I tend to stop playing. That may be in part to parenthood and in part to whether or not my team stinks in real life (playing with this year's Red Sox lost its fun as the season progressed).

I am mainly a Franchise player, so I am eager to see what changes there are in that respect. But so far, this is the first year where my excitement is lackluster, to say the least. Although, I am very intrigued by the "player personality" feature since I have been wishing for this for years. Let's hope it's immersive and done correctly. Looking forward to more news coming out, but keeping my expectations tempered...

Last edited by Chai2112; 12-09-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #173
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
I have been an obsessed fan of the MLB The Show series since its inception. I've always been ridiculously excited when each year's new trailer came out and never understood the people who were unimpressed. This year is the first year that I can sadly say I am truly unimpressed with the trailer. I know, I know, it's just the first glimpse we have, but still. To me it looks exactly the same as last year's edition. I couldn't care less about licensed equipment. I care about gameplay, graphics, sound, announcers, stats, animations, etc., none of which has been featured in the trailer.
My feelings to a tee.

Ive never felt this way about The Show before - ive explained in more detail in the screenshots thread.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #174
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

I remember last year how every tidbit of the trailers and videos were gone through by some frame by frame to find out what we were getting for 14.They made threads about the information they found and saw no matter what they saw or found there was those that were excited and those that were disappointed. Like Russell said you can't please everyone. If your not happy with the 1 minute trailer maybe you should " wait and see " before calling it the same as last years rendition, then if you don't like it don't make the purchase.JMHO
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 12-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #175
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
My feelings to a tee.

Ive never felt this way about The Show before - ive explained in more detail in the screenshots thread.
I just read your full post on the other thread, and I agree fully with your sentiments. I guess all we can do at this point is hope that there are plenty of additional improvements we have yet to hear about and that this is just the case of a really poor trailer. Who knows? Maybe they were rushed to get the trailer out by 12/15 and did what they could to meet the deadline.

I have faith in Ramone and SCEA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #176
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
I have faith in Ramone and SCEA.
THIS. I've never seen a reason to go against this. It's still 111 days until launch. Have faith people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »