Home

NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement

PR isn't my specialty, but here are some sample announcements Electronic Arts could have made yesterday that might have justified their marketers' month-long buildup to the "New Era" of NHL 15, which went live Monday evening...

Read More - NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Time for some new people to work on this game. Amazing some of these guys have lasted this long or have not moved on.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 48
I was warned about purchasing this game' so I waited until Black Friday, and bought it for less than $30. I was getting ready for this "New Era" stuff, and got a excited. As of right now' I am thinking of trading in the game! It wasn't worth the $30 purchase. The game is a total let down in almost all areas! This whole debacle, make me think that they shouldn't have released NHL15 on next-gen this year! I hope NHL16 is much better and more innovative than it's predecessor.
Thanks EA, for hyping up something, for absolutely "Nothing".
Old 12-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #4
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement

At this point i'd be thrilled just to get another tuner set outta this thing. You know....something we all might benefit from.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #5
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
The entire NHL development team needs to be fired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #6
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
The entire NHL development team needs to be fired.
The PR/marketing team for NHL needs to be fired more than anything.

When you've pulled a borderline bait-and-switch on consumers with all the missing game modes, the last thing you should be doing is hyping up some useless HUT gimmicks while other areas of the game sorely need attention.

EA seems incredibly out of touch with what their NHL consumers actually want.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
i like many other were so pumped that i bought it digitally to get access early, what a huge mistake
cause i have to sell my xbox one with the game on hd to get rid of the game.

every year they focus on game tweaks its like they want to sit there and tweak the same stuff and not work on a thing.

i personally do not play online its for cheese play there servers suck anyways
and all this money pit Hut modes are useless . i want to be able to play legends in my gm modes

maybe some historical teams or the ability to create are own .
and how about fixing goalie masks if you trade for one you get there old teams masks , why not let us import images for goalie masks so we can create and share them.
maybe add face scan so that in are offline franchise modes we can use custom face scans where we can edit every players face and put what we want.
i only say this cause they only add rookies never current players plus there current tech is terrible.

and my biggest gripe realistic in game stamina and penalties im so sick of them not being a part of the game its been 5 years at least that we say something to them and they do nothing. do they not realize power plays are a huge factor in game outcomes.

the face off system is so 3rd grade the player models are too big compared to the size of the rink and you can take a skater who is 99 speed and he can not get past the slowest player in the game skating backwards. should add a coach mode as well more camera angles. bring back the 3 stars skating on the ice after the game. adding the ability to have multple hockey players locked up against the boards.

more and more and more penalties and types of them .
Old 12-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #8
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
At this point i'd be thrilled just to get another tuner set outta this thing. You know....something we all might benefit from.
For ME, anything a tuner can do is beyond what needs to happen for NHL 16 and at least I'm having good games now, so I don't want any more updates/tweaks to the game play in NHL 15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »