Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 01:56 AM   #449
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Inclu

After reading this entire thread, not much to add...but a few comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidanything2
- Fixed several issues preventing shooting fouls from being called at a high enough frequency for both the user and CPU.

Thought there were too many fouls to begin with, still do, but didn't notice an increase.

Turn the foul slider down, it should work now

- Pass speeds have been increased to reduce "floaty" passes.

Not fixed. A huge issue for me and it's definitely still there.

I'll agree somewhat with you here. In general there are far fewer floaty passes, but definitely still there.

- Increased the AI's usage of 3PT shots to better match real life NBA statistics.

N/A

How did you play a game and this wasn't applicable?

- Tuned interior and contact shot success for more predictable outcomes.

Definitely not fixed. Pounded the rock inside just to test this as it was another big issue for me. Missed just as many easy looks as before.

Did you mix up the types of moves you used? The AI notices patterns. Also, who were your bigs, and who was the CPU defending you with? I've noticed a far better representation of post play

- Reduced contact dunk frequency for Posterizers in all game modes.

Westbrook had two and one dunks, didn't seem fixed to me.

Have you been watching sportcenter top 10 lately? He's on every night....

- Several improvements made to balance offensive and defensive rebounding.

Seemed ok before, seems ok now. Still saw a bunch of situations where my AI guys could've went for a ball right in front of them and didn't. Not sure if that's what this fix meant.

I feel like its fair now...the only thing that bothers me is how the ball bounces and rolls on the players heads when they could easily grab it lol

- Corrected a case where block inputs were being dropped near the basket.

Fixed. Kinda. Fixed as in yes, when you press triangle your guy will jump. Not fixed because it doesn't help. Your guy still starts the back-pedal-hands-up-give-up move, but now at least you can jump out of it. The only problem is that it's too late, I never affected a shot, and usually got an and one called.

This one has definitely been improved. Play a few more games and you'll see how many more blocks you'll get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
I've played one full game with the patch and so far, so good. The biggest thing to note is defensive responsiveness, it's much, much better.
One thing that still irks me about this game is how players will fall back randomly, as if they're trying to take a charge. It doesn't happen often, but it's very annoying when it does.
Last thing, I got more ftas, 28. Which is good but I shot 50% on them, including 1-10 with Bogut. I've never shot fts so poorly with a team or individual like that before. I don't know if I was paying too much attention to the shot meter or what.
I'm having the same problem with the pistons! I've been getting to the line 20+ times, which I'm loving...but can hardly make more than 50%. I realize they aren't a very good FT shooting team in real life, but I'm only shooting like 70% with Augustin (88 ft rating)
not to mention how tough it is to get a perfect. Maybe i should stop looking at the meter?
Old 12-09-2014, 02:01 AM   #450
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Inclu

Way too many fouls not being called in my career and play now. I wouldn't doubt if it was like that for all the modes. I have already played at least 15 games since patch came out
Old 12-09-2014, 03:04 AM   #451
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaAdams
I tried a search and nothing came up. I just got the game and installed the new patch but the game won't get to the main menu. It keeps giving "return to the main menu to apply update and dismiss this message.

It says I have 54.27 gb installed, I'm on version 01.03 and my game is up to date. What gives?! I was told this is the thread to post this in. Thanks in advance.

The game is actually not fully installed. Give it about 30 minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 03:07 AM   #452
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaAdams
I tried a search and nothing came up. I just got the game and installed the new patch but the game won't get to the main menu. It keeps giving "return to the main menu to apply update and dismiss this message.

It says I have 54.27 gb installed, I'm on version 01.03 and my game is up to date. What gives?! I was told this is the thread to post this in. Thanks in advance.
That message alert when you are in the main menu or in a game are for roster update, shoes and accessories update. You need to go to Playstation Menu, select NBA 2K15 and press option. Then select Check for Updates option then it will start downloading the update. It's 2.84 GB big.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:19 AM   #453
Banned

defense is somewhat possible now in the park

this patch is nice!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2014, 03:27 AM   #454
Pro

quote:The AI will now evaluate more options rather than always doing "auto-putbacks" off of offensive rebounds.

Thank you!
Old 12-09-2014, 03:41 AM   #455
Banned

RoDogz85's Arena

OVR: 1

I live in Australia and whenever I check for the update on my PS4 it just says its up to date.. Maybe it's not available here yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 03:47 AM   #456
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDogz85
I live in Australia and whenever I check for the update on my PS4 it just says its up to date.. Maybe it's not available here yet?
it's all up to sony now ... 2k have dropped the patch, but sony uploads them regionally, and pretty much in their own time.

i'd normally get the fifa update from sony about 7pm qld time ... so if it's not in by then looks like we gots to wait another day
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »