Home

Three Keys: Madden NFL

This is a discussion on Three Keys: Madden NFL within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #25
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
#1. CPU QB A.I.
#2. A.I. Play calling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
I don't know how someone can have 3 keys of improvement for this game without mentioning the TERRIBLE physics. Ball carriers with the ability to cut back/cut against the grain are useless in this game. This makes every single play predictable.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #27
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Three Keys: Madden NFL

Game plans in Playbooks need complete rework..CPU teams need to be able to use the whole playbook..currently they only use prob a 1/3 of each

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 12-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #28
Rookie

My three things...
1. Play Madden 2002 Franchise...replicate then bring to the modern era with realistic progression, downloadable draft classes
2. Play NBA 2K15...replicate the graphics quality...I don't care that there are 22 players on the field vs 11 on the court; this is next gen...act accordingly
3. Play MyGm in NBA 2K15...add all the amazing things about this to #1
Old 12-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #29
MVP

Eliminate morphing/player clipping with players limbs fusing together & players walking right through players laying on the field after the play (I can't stress this enough).

Clean up the physics & the overall sloppiness in the game especially after the play.

Make physics matter at all times. Improve player avoidance & intelligence after plays.

Give us real sidelines with player names on jerseys & player accessories.

Give us cheerleaders & mascots.

I know gameplay is most important obviously but all of these things I mentioned are sorely needed in Madden to improve the immersion of the game.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:54 PM   #30
Rookie

Mdnghtmgcn1's Arena

My three keys, if I could choose just three (trust me, there are plenty more that I and many others listed in the Madden 16 wish list):

1. Robo CPU quarterbacks on All Pro and All Madden difficulty and just the difficulty in general of the game "out of the box". No reason we should have to look forward to tweaking sliders so much every year to make the game somewhat realistic. Earlier Eli Manning was like 7 of 7 passing against me, I sacked him twice in a row (sacks in immediate succession of each other against CPU is another problem) and he got injured. In comes a cold Ryan Nassib, who goes like 5 of 5 and moves the Giants right down the field as if it doesn't even matter that Eli got hurt. I, and many others, can recreate this issue 9 out of every 10 games. Surely the guys at EA would play their own game and realize at least some of these issues, or no?

2. Defenders need to stop swatting down passes without even looking back to see the pass coming their way. This has been an issue for years. Even worse is the fact that the wide receivers usually just sit back and watch the defender, who basically run the receivers route PERFECTLY alongside them when in man coverage, make the play on the ball that they didn't even see coming towards them.

3. Make CFM more interesting. Allow us to create our own draft boards to keep things organized. Give us the option to mix up the divisions. Allow CPU vs. CPU games. Fix auto subs. If my team has a retractable roof stadium and I have a home game, allow me to choose whether it's open or closed, don't just have it closed every single game by default. On and off the field issues should affect players and team chemistry.

Seems like a lot to pack into just three suggestions, but obviously that's because there are tons of things to choose from.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 19
The Madden team needs to key in on more than three things. but if I were to choose
1. penalties,
2. fix the passing game-improve the dynamic lead passing. overhaul the entire passing game
3. make user catch an option on the controls. I believe they had this back in 06.

everyone makes valid suggestions for Madden. Based on all these suggestions, Madden would have to scarp more than 50% of their current build. so all these suggestions arent happening.

no more excuses about how an EA sports title has turned the corner. we've been giving EA this pass much too long.

they need to just get it right next year!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #32
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Three Keys: Madden NFL

As someone that's only purchased Madden once in the past 9-10yrs, I'd say the area the game needs to improve the most is animation quality/player distinctiveness - I'm surprised no one's really said that as needing to be THE top priority. The players have little to no individuality to them imo. I haven't frequented this forum much but it's a mistake for people to think those of us that are old NFL2K/APF fans are simply "haters" - I was a Madden fan before I became a NFL2K/APF fan. I simply shouldn't be able to pull out video of a generations-old game like APF and have players look/feel more realistic than they do in Madden today. I'd buy Madden if I felt it were a worthy purchase; it's the animation quality more than anything jumps out at me the minute I see the game being played.

As long as the gameplay aspect of the game was copasetic I could put up with shortcomings in other areas. I've seen the game make improvements in areas such as presentation and franchise options, but imo it's still really lacking in animation quality. I'd list that as priorities 1, 2, and 3.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »