Home

Yasiel Puig is the Cover Athlete For MLB 15 The Show - Nike Accessories?

This is a discussion on Yasiel Puig is the Cover Athlete For MLB 15 The Show - Nike Accessories? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #105
D13
Pro

D13's Arena

OVR: 6
Yasiel Puig is the Cover Athlete For MLB 15 The Show - Nike Accessories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Gotta love all the covert racism and xenophobia in regards to this guy. I mean I don't really like the cover but it's still sad to see some of the responses.

Where out of 5 plus pages have you gotten racism out of this? Reach much? The guy doesn't play the game the right way and is disrespectful. I get the biased Dodgers fans in here defending their guy. I would be too. But to say he's a likeable guy around the league is a far fetched lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #106
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Yasiel Puig is the Cover Athlete For MLB 15 The Show - Nike Accessories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmreds
16 hr and 69 rbi lands a guy on the cover lol. If Puig played in a smaller market nobody would kno who he is. How about a guy like Jose Abreu who had 37 hr and 107 rbi for a cover? This is a pretty desperate attempt to sell copies by putting an undeserving over hyped guy on the cover.
If he helps SCEA sell more copies, I'm all for it. As highly regarded as this franchise is, it doesn't even sell a million copies annually.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #107
D13
Pro

D13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
If he helps SCEA sell more copies, I'm all for it. As highly regarded as this franchise is, it doesn't even sell a million copies annually.

This is what I got out of this. SCEA reaching out to the gamers in the South America countries. Idk how well they have sold in recent years but it's sure to boost those numbers now.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #108
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13
Where out of 5 plus pages have you gotten racism out of this? Reach much? The guy doesn't play the game the right way and is disrespectful. I get the biased Dodgers fans in here defending their guy. I would be too. But to say he's a likeable guy around the league is a far fetched lie.

So what's the right way to play baseball? And how exactly is he disrespectful? More specifically, how is he more disrespectful than anyone else in baseball or people in general?
Old 12-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #109
Rookie

Teigh Cubs Teigh's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Gotta love all the covert racism and xenophobia in regards to this guy. I mean I don't really like the cover but it's still sad to see some of the responses.
I don't know if anyone here is racist or xenophobic or not. Based on the comments in here neither can you. You cannot look into the hearts and minds of the people who dislike Puig and presume to know why they do. This is especially true since no one has said anything xenophoic or racist about the choice to have him on the cover. You cannot put words into people's mouths.

Personally I dislike the young man because I think he's a bit cocky and immature. That being said, I am willing to admit that even this is a bit of a rush to judgement based on some of the stories I've read and some of the clips that I have seen. I do not know the guy personally, but that is how he comes off to me. I do, however, think that he is fun to watch on occasion. If he matures a bit I think he can be a very good player and I hope that he does exactly that.

I'm just excited that information is finally starting to come out about a game that I love.

Last edited by Teigh Cubs Teigh; 12-06-2014 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 12-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #110
D13
Pro

D13's Arena

Quote:
So what's the right way to play baseball? And how exactly is he disrespectful? More specifically, how is he more disrespectful than anyone else in baseball or people in general?

If you don't how he is disrespectful to the game. You're either a.) a Dodgers fan or b.) a casual baseball watcher.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #111
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Lol I knew someone was going to play the race card, freaking ridiculous. Anyways I still love the series and will be buying the game but just a bad decision to have Puig on the cover. He's a bum and I'm a Dodger fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #112
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigh Cubs Teigh
I don't know if anyone here is racist or xenophobic or not.
Neither do I. There is at least 1 racist/xenophobic response in this thread though (and I never stated I was talking about this thread specifically).

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13
If you don't how he is disrespectful to the game. You're either a.) a Dodgers fan or b.) a casual baseball watcher.

or c) a mature adult who realizes that different people from different places will behave and play baseball in different ways, and that it is not one's responsibility to conform to my ideal model of culture and personality just because I want them to.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »