Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Has Been Submitted, Some Details Revealed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Has Been Submitted, Some Details Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 09:03 AM   #193
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Has Been Submitted, Some Details Revealed

Idk about the numbers but I see a lot of hard fouls not being called. Especially the one where you make the defender jumps and he hops all on your back . No call
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #194
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
You must be playing Final Fantasy. PIP for me are spot on

The sixers actually won. Game is broken, completely unrealistic.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #195
Pro

OVR: 1

For me the #1 issue with the game is that your teammates in MyCareer are utter morons on anything above Pro and the other team is superpowered. They will always shoot over %50 and generate 3x the turnovers of your team. You shouldn't have to post a 30-15-15 game every time in order to have a chance of winning.

In a recent game I saw Anthony Davis catch Ty Lawson for a block on a fast break. Lawson had about 10 yards on him. I've seen Omar Asik go uncontested coast-to-coast.

If they just made your teammates slightly more capable I'd be thrilled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #196
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
For me the #1 issue with the game is that your teammates in MyCareer are utter morons on anything above Pro and the other team is superpowered. They will always shoot over %50 and generate 3x the turnovers of your team. You shouldn't have to post a 30-15-15 game every time in order to have a chance of winning.

In a recent game I saw Anthony Davis catch Ty Lawson for a block on a fast break. Lawson had about 10 yards on him. I've seen Omar Asik go uncontested coast-to-coast.

If they just made your teammates slightly more capable I'd be thrilled.
I think it's the reason I can't get into My Player. I played My Player in twice. Once on PS2 when 2k tried it the first time. That sucked because if you stopped playing for even a day. Your players ratings would go down. After you worked him so hard to get him to a point. The second time was in 2k10. Was with the draft combine (before the game came out).

Last edited by jeebs9; 12-03-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #197
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I think it's the reason I can't get into My Player. I played My Player in twice. Once on PS2 when 2k tried it the first time. That sucked because if you stopped playing for even a day. Your players ratings would go down. After you worked him so hard to get him to a point. The second time was in 2k10. Was with the draft combine (before the game came out).
Brother Jeebs good to see you round these parts fam. Hope all is well.

General comment on patch so as to stay on topic. No matter how good the patch is cheesers will find new ways to cheese if history has anything to say about it.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 12-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #198
Banned

yung_nipz's Arena

OVR: 0

Is "mime defense" fixed in the new patch?
Old 12-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #199
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Brother Jeebs good to see you round these parts fam. Hope all is well.

General comment on patch so as to stay on topic. No matter how good the patch is cheesers will find new ways to cheese if history has anything to say about it.
All I want to do is be able to put-back dunk. As of right now, it is essentially impossible for a user to do it, I see the CPU do it, but after countless hours in MyCareer and many more in MYGM and so on I have never done it once even with guys like Shawn Kemp where I'm deliberately trying to do it all game.

I watch a lot of NBA games and it happens on a nightly basis. You don't even have to be a super star to do it, I've seen Tyler Hansborough have a couple of nice ones last year.

Part of it is getting suction-boxed out, but part of it is failing to initiate animations from a user as I've had clear lanes a handful of times and go into a strange rebounding animations - it just doesn't seem possible at this point which is a shame because for me it would be the most satisfying play.

for me personally:

1- putback 2-handed, hanging on the rim power slam!
2- massive rejection way into the seats or off the backboard volley-ball spike style
3 - alley opp with a rim hang
4- contact, posterizing dunk
5- crossover beating defender, help comes, behind the back or other no-look pass for the easy lay up!

The great thing is most of those are possible - except for the putback, and the block is really hit or miss since a lot of them lack 'umpf' while holding the right trigger., but once in a while they are there at least - in the past they weren't really in the game so i can't complain.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #200
Banned

OVR: 0

Everyone in this thread is mentioning miniscule details that don't need to be patched. What we really need to focus on is GAMEPLAY tweaks. Here's a short list of offline things I've noticed on Superstar level (which is the level they said the gameplay was tuned for):

- more CPU 3's
- more free throws and foul calls all around
- less buzzer-beating shot clock launches
- the referee holding the ball for 20 seconds 5 times per game waiting on an inbound.
- players with high passing ratings throwing the ball into the fourth row on a 2 foot pass. Make the turnovers more realistic.
- the animation where a player is going for a dunk in a situation where he shouldn't be and literally launches the ball over the rim or off the backboard.
- over-powered offensive rebounding
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »