Home

Madden NFL 15 Player Likeness Update Available Now For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Player Likeness Update Available Now For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-29-2014, 06:55 PM   #113
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 15 Player Likeness Update Available Now For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Remember for years EA said that they couldn't put dreads on DeAngelo Williams because they were using a face scan and hair and face were not separate. I'd bet this is the same limitation with EA's scanning technology, they can't put dreads on a cyberface (e.g. K. Benjamin, J. Wright).

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure the guys with missing dreads won't get them back.
DeAngelo Williams didn't have dreads when EA scanned him back in his rookie year. Both Jarius Wright and Kelvin Benjamin had dreads when EA scanned their faces into the game. Considering how advanced EA's face scanning and art technology is right now, it shouldn't be hard at all to give Jarius Wright short dreads and Kelvin Benjamin long dreads. I don't understand why EA doesn't scan the dreads into the game with the face, instead of the face alone. For example, Larry Fitzgerald's dreads are different from those of Rashean Mathis and Steven Jackson. 2k does it for Nba 2k so there is no reason why EA can't do it now especially with the advanced technology they are using. I also don't understand why EA doesn't scan players facial expressions and signature moves to go along with their face in the game just so that when EA adds signature animations to the game, they will already have the signature moves of these players ready to go.

Also, I don't understand how EA couldn't just add dreads to DeAngelo back then considering how all of the long dreads styles look EXACTLY the same and they aren't signature.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gman 18; 11-29-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #114
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 15 Player Likeness Update Available Now For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezy
Not sure why this wasn't in a patch then they could make it available in every game mode
It is available in every game mode

Old 11-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #115
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbjunior
Smh Why they only scan the well known talked about players for each team EA Sports and Madden been doing this since Ps2/Xbox days. I notice other sports games can get almost all the faces (FIFA, MLB The Show,UFC etc ) Imagine how a NFL 2k game would look on Ps4/Xbox One especially after seeing the graphics and tattoos on the Basketball players/Wrestlers on NBA 2k15&WWE2k15 that would be crazy
Over the summer, EA had gone around to several different teams' facilities and scanned most of the players on each teams faces into the game. Apparently it takes a while to create the face with the scan, so EA only did the well-known players for this update. By Madden 16, all of those players they scanned should have an in game scan

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2014, 09:43 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 0
No Cowboys?
Old 12-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #117
Just started!

I saw they added Derek Carr and Khalil Mack and both look great. This was an awesome update.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #118
Rookie

does the player likeness update apply to rosters such as FBG rated roster in CFM mode or only default and play now?
Old 12-02-2014, 01:20 AM   #119
Just started!

It's not working for me. Happy Pre-Thanksgiving !!
Old 12-02-2014, 02:16 AM   #120
Banned

Every time I boot the game up and the messege pops up about thiS and click on the option to get it takes you to the Playstation store it shows prices. I thought somebody on here said it's free. I really don't understand the whole thing in general. Is it another DLC content you have to buy or is it free? What exactly does it bring to the table? If the DLC content isn't free is it worth buying? Am I doing something wrong lol?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »