Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-01-2014, 07:40 PM   #1217
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

On all madden the CPU doesn't miss field goals left or right. I have seen one end up short.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #1218
Banned

OVR: 32

I posted this in another thread. This is my impression of the game this year.The foundation of this game is so trashed, because of the porting, the old code, The lack of talent on the development team, all of this probably because of exclusivity. Tiburon has simply gotten away with releasing trash, because of the exclusive rights to licensed football game. Next year, same thing . Tiburon will release a game touting all these great changes, but next year's game will be piled on top of this one, with the same coding. This is why the exclusivity needs to go away. Tiburon never gave NextGen a chance. It was all about saving money, and never about making Madden great. This is demonstrated by other developers game sizes. NBA 2k, as an example released with over 40 gigabytes of content. Most developers are right there, but Madden sits at a lowly 13 gigabytes. This says a ton. No females in the crowd is just half assed. Madden lags behind other sports titles, in every aspect. When are we going to wake up and quit contributing to this? When are we going to throw up our hands and realize that Tiburon is a garbage developer, that is content: with releasing a garbage product ?

I have supported Tiburon's football efforts for as long as I can remember. I just do not see a future for this game . Not with the mindset Tiburon has.... Maybe I will remember that next year

Last edited by SECElit3; 12-01-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:59 PM   #1219
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I really don't think a lack of competition has anything to do with it. The game is just a lazy product which IMO comes from the company making it. I'm just rather apathetic to the game at this point. Several things could be pointed out by honestly why should I waste any more time? Nobody listens and nobody cares. We'll get the annual semi-hype train come pre-release and then nothing once it drops.

The execution of the ideas they have is just bad.

On a positive: the online CFM setup is amazing and it's something no other sports title has. It's the one thing that keeps me playing this game and it puts it above all other games just for this reason.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 12-02-2014, 12:29 AM   #1220
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I really don't think a lack of competition has anything to do with it. The game is just a lazy product which IMO comes from the company making it. I'm just rather apathetic to the game at this point. Several things could be pointed out by honestly why should I waste any more time? Nobody listens and nobody cares. We'll get the annual semi-hype train come pre-release and then nothing once it drops.

The execution of the ideas they have is just bad.

On a positive: the online CFM setup is amazing and it's something no other sports title has. It's the one thing that keeps me playing this game and it puts it above all other games just for this reason.
Great post. Pretty much how I feel. EA and Tiburon have enough feedback on what's "inaccurate" at a fundamental level to keep them busy for the rest of this generation. But as long as MUT makes money progress with be incremental and half-assed.

CFM is fun and all I really play, but the lack of Commish controls is really, really annoying especially given I had them in NCAA the last two releases.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-02-2014, 01:25 AM   #1221
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

It seems like I can't pause the game in an online user CFM and walk away for a little while without getting disconnected by the time I come back. This is really annoying!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #1222
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Post Patch I am pleased to say my experience has only been enhanced. Sacks feel more under control (still not where they need to be). The game feels tighter to me. Some weight momentum was calmed down though but I understand why as the running out of bounds on passing plays was really annoying. I still feel weight but not as dramatic as pre-patch.

But still some minor annoyances persist. Like some awful spotting by the refs of balls which have cost me first downs and have given first downs to the CPU that were unwarranted. CPU QB AI seems improved post patch but not where we should be in 2014.

So yeah still room for lot's of improvement for Madden 15. I like many really want them to go all in for us offline CFM players and give us that robust offline vs the CPU experience which we long time loyal Madden players deserve. It's getting there. But like mentioned above as long as MUT continues to rack in the dollars (which it does and I understand it is a load of fun and a very cool mode...not for me though) it will be an area of focus and resources.

But I have to believe they see how much CFM offline is played. I hope for the continued evolution of the game prep feature, player confidence, dynamic injuries, penalties being executed properly, and QB AI to get a vast improvement as well. Individual player differences is important too. The Show and NBA 2K do a marvelous job of that. Madden needs to step that up.

Presentation this year IMO is the best any Madden game has ever had on the field. Off the field the draft is great, but we need a weekly show (ala the other game) it's 2014 NFL Football is all about build up, storylines, gossip, injury stories, rumors...get it in the game.

But even with all of that....for me it is the best Madden game I have ever played, and I have not had this much fun (again I loved M25 on PS3 as well) in over 10 years with the last 2 versions of Madden. For me it has been a blast playing my first PS4 version of the game. I am still going strong with my CFM and now with some classic season replays.

Great times.
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 12-10-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #1223
MVP

OVR: 34

These spec catch receivers not trying for the ball downfield is seriously bothersome..
Old 12-10-2014, 02:47 AM   #1224
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Well, after more time with this game I can safely say this is the most fun I have ever had in any football game. 4 years into a franchise and I don't even feel close to burned out.

If EA can overhaul WR/DB interactions, get penalties working, and drastically change special teams into a game within a game, then gameplay wise I will feel like Madden will be nearing The Show quality. There are still plenty of flaws, but a lot of them are minor and do not happen frequently like past EA games.

Let's just say I would give up a lot just to see EA release an NCAA game next year that is built purely off Madden 15.

If this is the way the franchise is trending, I am very excited.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »