Home

Madden NFL 15 Update 1.04 Has Arrived, 398 MB

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Update 1.04 Has Arrived, 398 MB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #233
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden NFL 15 Update 1.04 Has Arrived, 398 MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I can't even rate this game because the WR play is so pathetic down the field. For somebody who doesn't want to user catch it is a crippling issue in this game.

The DB's play the ball so much better than WR's.

It's very disappointing

That was kinda off topic but I really wish it was a point of emphasis for the series to fix in this game but I don't think it is
This needs to be addressed for 16. WRs do not fight for the ball at all. DBs are always making spectacular picks while the WRs just stare at them..
Old 11-28-2014, 12:04 AM   #234
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
No offense taken. My bitching and complaining was simply to serve as a warning for those looking to download the patch. If you download the patch, you will eventually see the things that I have been bitching and complaining about. It's only a matter of time .

You will see the pass defense is dumbed down. Defenders barely react until the ball is caught. I literally watched a linebacker watch a thrown ball into a receiver's hands before moving at all. He just stood there. In hours upon hours of testing pre patch, I never saw anything like that. This is not just me. There are other slider makers making the same observations. The pass aggression simply is nowhere near what it was prior to the patch.

I made another observation with the running backs as well. Some of the running backs are making funny movements behind the line of scrimmage. There are several quirky animations I saw , but one stood out in particular. The running back was Mark Ingram. He took the handoff and his legs literally got tangled up with each other. Another animation consisted of one of my test running backs performing what look to be some funny animation where one foot never hit the ground while the other hit twice in a row. It caused the defense to react in such a way, the running back was able to scamper for 6.

Guys, I've been around way too long to make up stories. These were true observations that I never saw before the patch. The issue is that this is typical Tiburon. Now, that said, I traded my game last night. Most people understand that I do everything I can to try to make the game playable for myself before returning it to the store. However, there are just some things I can't overlook, and sadly can't fix.

It was never my intention to download the patch, but it downloaded automatically, and before I could do anything about it, it was too late.

Again, this was meant as a warning to anyone considering downloading the patch. It was the final straw for me.
100% disagree. Plays better/same for me
Old 11-28-2014, 06:48 AM   #235
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
So a bit off topic here but how can I avoid these automatic patch installs?

I am a relatively new PS4 owner and my console is usually off net. I hooked up my connection today to download the FIFA patch and got both without even starting either game. I poked around the menus a bit and under 'notifications' I see there is a check box for downloads but this does not feel definitive.

Is there a way to set up my PS4 so that I can control patch content?

Thanks.
I am on xbox one and was told that I have to disconnect my network service and be offline in order to not install the patch..I am not an online player so it doesn't bother me..I do reconnect to play NBA 2K15 etc..but it seems to work thus far for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #236
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I can't even rate this game because the WR play is so pathetic down the field. For somebody who doesn't want to user catch it is a crippling issue in this game.

The DB's play the ball so much better than WR's.

It's very disappointing

That was kinda off topic but I really wish it was a point of emphasis for the series to fix in this game but I don't think it is
Put OPI at 0. Its doesn't get called anyway but WR are so much more aggressive. Jump balls, touchline catches etc.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #237
Banned

OVR: 32

A few of us were on Twitch last night working on a post patch slider set. I'll have that set, with a few changes I made posted in a little while, to my thread. I am finalizing the set on Twitch now.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #238
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Put OPI at 0. Its doesn't get called anyway but WR are so much more aggressive. Jump balls, touchline catches etc.

Tries this and saw no difference.

WR acted alone as always. DB plays like he has a family of 57 to feed.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 11-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #239
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Tries this and saw no difference.

WR acted alone as always. DB plays like he has a family of 57 to feed.
Can't disagree about the WR/DB interaction. It is a one way street on 15. I went to user catching on passes deep down the seam and sideline as that is the only way to fight for the ball. On all other routes I am not having issues.

Other than that and the sacks issue...best Madden ever. Bar none.
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 11-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #240
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Yea as a guy using the Colts in an online CFM and having my WR's virtually useless down the field it is such a big disappointment to me.

The ball placement is just atrocious and DB's have such a clear advantage over WR's. I agree that there are so many good things about the game...but this area is that one I can't ignore.

We are actually going to look at allowing a few user catch attempts per game so you can feel like you have a shot on deep passes.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »