Home

Madden NFL 15 Update 1.04 Has Arrived, 398 MB

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Update 1.04 Has Arrived, 398 MB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #193
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Update 1.04 Has Arrived, 398 MB

Personally, I like the fact that now the receivers are not draped in CBs all the time. There is some space for them to work their routes and overall I think the game looks and "feels" better on the field since the patch. More long shots down the field...more QB awareness and movement in the pocket, etc.

A few caveats here...I am using a roster set I created of classic teams (68 Jets, 94 49ers, 72 Dolphs, 76 Raiders) and I did make the ratings more "realistic". However, I do see a marked difference between pre and post patch in the running and passing game...and animations. I am currently playing on Pro Slow speed with all sliders at 50 and all penalties at 50.

Second caveat - I do agree there is improvement that can be made in CB coverage. It is a bit too loose now, but I think new settings can at least help that. It may not get to a level that is what everyone wants to see (50-65% or so) but I think it can be closer with some additional work.

The game just looks more like football now with the settings I am using. However, and this is a HUGE factor, using default EA rosters is the real culprit in most anomalies that are seen...and that is a no win for those who will only use their rosters.

Hang in there and keep testing!

C
Old 11-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Be advised that the completion % is still going to be high at default (don't know if that's the robo you're referring to). Game I'm playing right now has CPU Romo at 23-26 90% completion in the 4th. He's only been sacked once, but has thrown 2 picks - both on terrible decisions. Kinda like what us Cowboy fans have seen all too often.

On the flipside, my Coach Mode Aaron Rodgers got sacked 3 times in the first quarter, and I was starting to cringe again. But he's only been dropped one more time since and 4 sacks in a game for Dallas is definitely not unreasonable.

There is finally variety in the gameplay at the defaults, and I love it.
I usually don't comment on the whole slider thing, but I have tried numerous different sets and always found it to be impossible to have a game where I did not want to turn off the game halfway through. I had practically given up on Madden 15.

However, I went back to the default All Pro difficulty post patch to see how it played, and I have to echo everything BCruise says in the post quoted above, and the one on the previous page.

For me, this is the best I think Madden has played since PS2. Granted, I've never been happy with Madden for the last decade, but that's another matter. I played Week 1, offline CCM, Browns(CPU)@Steelers(User) four times last night as I refined my settings and found the game to play infinitely better.

It is not perfect, by any means. As mentioned, I too saw high completion percentages. Manziel was 100% going into the Fourth Quarter on the default settings. I quit towards the end and replayed with QB Acc at 25, then at 5 and then at 2. It got better, but I'm still not happy with that part of the game. Eventually the missus came home and I had to quit so I am not sure how it plays with the CPU QB accuracy lowered to 2. There are, as ever, people who are better placed to assess the impact that has than myself.

My concern with lowering the accuracy is that you see crazy bad throws every now and then that just would never happen. It's lie the QB is accurate on 8/10 throws and then the CPU just makes 2/10 throws go wildly wrong. As opposed to accuracy being a small amount off on a consistent basis.

I also think what SEC says is correct. They have neutered the coverage of the CPU. This is obviously a step backwards. But I also think that it's why the sack issue (that was a game killer for me) is improved. As SEC suggests.

The problem with sacks always seemed to be the fact that the CPU did not know what to do when everyone was so well covered. They just stood there and took the sack. My, completely anecdotal, observation is that EA seem to have upped the QBs awareness, but also their willingness to run with the ball as a compromise. Manziel certainly stepped up or took off on me a lot. In fact he ran for 80+ yards. At least 50 of which were down to ineptitude on my part.

This is pure speculation, but I am guessing that EA had the QBs coded to throw the ball away, run with it etc around the correct amount by default, which is to say not that often when you see every play. However, the fundamental problem is with the CPU passing game. There should simply be more missed throws. Throws that are close, but not quite to the correct spot. Obviously, the QB should also be aware of pressure and that pressure affect his throw too. I really hope they can fix this properly for the next iteration and then bring back the aggressive secondary play.

The last few thing I wanted to say are:

I am aware I do not carry any credibility and being aptly placed to comment on this stuff. The reason I did, is that I often find myself trawling posts trying to get verification for what one person says. Since there is so much contradictory thought when it comes to the minutiae of sliders and such. My view is the Bcruise's post is correct in it's entirety. I also think SEC has identified some other issues and the reasons behind them.

Finally, to re-emphasize. I was fed up with this game. Beyond that stats it wasn't that much fun. Getting 7-9 sacks per game just eliminated the sense of reality completely. It really made it into a different game. I think that the default sliders on All-Pro, post patch are much, much better. I really enjoyed losing to Cleveland. But I like losing if because I'm not very good at Madden and seeing myself improve. As opposed to winning because the CPU keeps putting itself in 3-19 situations with dumb CPU play. I'm actually looking forward to going home and playing tonight.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #195
Rookie

OVR: 6

i love this madden with my current sliders after the patch... The cpu makes under and over throws...the sacks are gone...I am getting presdured and have a 60% completion percentage....so does the cpu

only problem I am having is the user running game seems to strong....I have cpu tackle at 100 user run block at 0 and am still averaging 7 yds a carry where my oline is getting 3 yards down field every time and I am the steelers...any suggestions to help this would be appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #196
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

One of the problems is some of you guys think EA spends very much time at all on vrs the cpu gameplay. I can almost guarantee that's 80%of DEV time is spent on user v user. That's why they just "fix" things with the CPU side in reaction to users experience. Or state it's not a issue. I'm surprised the game plays as good as it does v the CPU.

As far as user v user. It's the best playing madden I've played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #197
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Just FYI, I tested the difference between the default rosters and FBG rosters and noticed the RB stumble ONLY on the FBG rated rosters. Also, this patch was a great add-on. I am really loving this game right now. I found a great mix of sliders that make the game really challenging and fun on All-Madden.

i only have the default EA rosters and the RB's stumble..... i havent used any other rosters this yr.... im gonna test out see if other rb's do it or if its just the one.

i played the game on sunday and the same rb didnt stumble....when i played against a friend.... and only started with this update.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #198
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i only have the default EA rosters and the RB's stumble..... i havent used any other rosters this yr.... im gonna test out see if other rb's do it or if its just the one.

i played the game on sunday and the same rb didnt stumble....when i played against a friend.... and only started with this update.

Are you on PS4?

Old 11-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #199
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Are you on PS4?

yes i am.... that was one first thing's i noticed after i d/led the patch.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #200
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

It seems like everyone having trouble is on PS4. Maybe there is a difference

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »