Home

Madden NFL 15 Update 1.04 Has Arrived, 398 MB

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Update 1.04 Has Arrived, 398 MB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-27-2014, 03:04 AM   #185
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Madden NFL 15 Update 1.04 Has Arrived, 398 MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I'm about to get default all pro a shot in coach mode. I like what I hear in this post. Played a game earlier with previous sliders. QBs were still robo. All Pro default here I come.
Be advised that the completion % is still going to be high at default (don't know if that's the robo you're referring to). Game I'm playing right now has CPU Romo at 23-26 90% completion in the 4th. He's only been sacked once, but has thrown 2 picks - both on terrible decisions. Kinda like what us Cowboy fans have seen all too often.

On the flipside, my Coach Mode Aaron Rodgers got sacked 3 times in the first quarter, and I was starting to cringe again. But he's only been dropped one more time since and 4 sacks in a game for Dallas is definitely not unreasonable.

There is finally variety in the gameplay at the defaults, and I love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 04:10 AM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 0
Xbox360 also got this patch is it the same fixes?
Old 11-27-2014, 04:26 AM   #187
Rookie

OVR: 1

I finally got the patch to install, and waiting for Madden to finish installing. It seems that some players are loving the patch with some minor tweaking..I am curious what system are you playing on, and what is your opinion of new patch? I will post feedback after install. I own Madden for X1 btw.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:46 AM   #188
Rookie

OVR: 1

Okay hoping this is consistent. I am through with the first quarter with the new patch on default. So far this is like a new game. Seahawks vs Eagles. I am up 7-0 and Eagles are driving. They are actually making running plays and the qb is making good throws. I am enjoying this patch so far. The running game feels more fluid and I am finding some spacing where I can hit holes and even cut back against field. Xbox one patch.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:52 AM   #189
Banned

Can somebody explain to me what exactly did to the Eagles uniforms? I thought they we're going to put there all uniform alternate uniform on there! I was really excited ,then I checked the uniform options and no all black alternate uni. They still have the black jersey,but not the black pants,just the green pants. I'm very disappointed : - ( they add patches to uniforms ,but can't add a new alternate uni! I know it can be added in ! EA added new alternate uniforms in NCAA football all the time! The NFL needs to do something about the exclusive license EA has . All they are nothing but a monopoly! Competition with another publisher is good for everybody,like they say it's good for consumers!
Old 11-27-2014, 05:03 AM   #190
Banned

What is the DLC something scanning or something it asks when you boot up the game it says you can either accepted or skip by it. If you accept it takes you playstation store and you can buy stuff. I'm a bit confused. I hope that made some kind of sense lol.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:24 AM   #191
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Dead serious when I say this is the best I've seen Madden play at it's default settings in a long, long time, and perhaps maybe ever. I'm seeing a marked improvement in the way CPU QB's are handling pressure, either by stepping up, scrambling, or throwing the ball away. And yes, it's showing up in the boxscore as fewer sacks. Even coach mode actually seems viable now as your CPU-controlled QB follows the same rules, and it's really quite fun to watch.

In 3 full-length (that means as close to 120 plays as I can get) exhibition games played - yes that's a small size but I have to start somewhere and I've been busy- I've had a total of 4 sacks vs the CPU. In the last game, Rams vs Bengals, I had none - my first no-sack game of Madden for '15. Even at 50 QB accuracy I've seen out-of-reach throws by average-to-poor QB's, which tells me there's definitely room to adjust to make even Manning or Brady throw a duck every once in awhile. And good QB play opens everything else up - the CPU will find its running game if you're actually having to defend the pass instead of blitzing for a sack all the time.

I would encourage everyone first trying out the patch to go back to the default sliders, put up with the somewhat higher than normal completion %s for a bit and try to see how much differently the game is playing. I believe this is absolutely not a placebo.

Right now the only things I'm even thinking about tweaking right now off the default All-Pro are the penalty sliders (all of them are nonexistent at the default) and QB Accuracy (slightly).

One other thing - I do see that "stutter" step SEC is talking about, but while it does look silly I don't feel like it's harming the CPU's run game in any way. Rather, if it does it at the right time (and maybe with the help of a blocker or two) it can fake out defenders with that move and open up holes. I'm willing to live with it looking dumb/unrealistic if it doesn't screw up the run game.
Could not agree more cruise...this is the best Madden has EVER played.

Last edited by Motown; 11-27-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 06:06 AM   #192
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Be advised that the completion % is still going to be high at default (don't know if that's the robo you're referring to). Game I'm playing right now has CPU Romo at 23-26 90% completion in the 4th. He's only been sacked once, but has thrown 2 picks - both on terrible decisions. Kinda like what us Cowboy fans have seen all too often.

On the flipside, my Coach Mode Aaron Rodgers got sacked 3 times in the first quarter, and I was starting to cringe again. But he's only been dropped one more time since and 4 sacks in a game for Dallas is definitely not unreasonable.

There is finally variety in the gameplay at the defaults, and I love it.
So, EA's way (EA Ball) or the highway eh? 23-26...90% completion rating...sounds fun!

This doesn't prove my point about dumbed down pass coverage at all. Oh, just throwing it out there that maybe the dumbed down pass coverage was purposely implemented as a fix to the sack issue.

Open receivers would mean a reduction in sacks. I've been watching Twitch CFM streams in hopes to see one thing that would make me believe this game is better, and go out to get it again. Nope, just not seeing it.

Last edited by SECElit3; 11-27-2014 at 06:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »