Home

NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-20-14)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-20-14) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-21-2014, 09:11 AM   #33
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
I'm loving these updates 2k! This game is the best basketball sim I've ever played!

Make a football game please!!!
Old 11-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #34
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-20-14)

To offer some insight, no, the ratings are not based solely off this year. Especially with the leagues most established. Rookies on the other hand, their initial rating was a projection since they had no NBA games to go off of. The rookie ratings will fluctuate heavily throughout the year as their true value comes to light

Rookie Ratings will fluctuate a lot more than All Stars, Defensive Player of the Years', and Finals MVPs, etc...

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 11-21-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #35
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2K Genius
Trust me I understand the decrease in his shooting, I get that, but he's productive in other areas as well. Like I said before the rating system isn't well proportioned through the entire roster. Parker's overall FG% is better than Wiggins as well as rebounding, assist and steals but Wiggins is better than him maybe I'm missing something cause I don't get it. What about the whole Tobias Harris and Jeff Green's rating comparison to Kawhi's or Vucevic and T. Chandler's rating comparison to Noah's. We are basing it off this year so far right? I'm not saying Harris and others should necessarily go up in rating but Noah, Kawhi and a few others should definitely receive decreases such as the ones given to Parker.....
I agree with you. Noah and Kawhi need decreases. I never thought Kawhi deserved the ratings he got. MVP or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2K Genius
Yea but the way he was lowered was pretty drastic, which means a lot of players should be drastically lowered just the same for instance Joakim Noah is averaging 8.2pts per game and 10 boards and he's rated 86 or like Kawhi Leonard who's also rated 86 is averaging 12.8pts 8 boards shooting .23% from 3pt. There are other players at the same positions who are playing far better than both but yet still Kawhi Leonard has been getting increases in his overall and Noah who's just now receiving decreases (-1) off his rating with this recent update. I could understand your logic with tendencies but the rating system isn't being well proportioned throughout the entire roster. Check out Tobias Harris and Jeff Green's rating compared to Kawhi's or Vucevic and T. Chandler's rating compared to Noah's. If we're basing ratings off the year so far, this should speak for it self...
Comparing a rookie to a Finals MVP and a DPOY is crazy.

With a rookie, you should be basing it off the year so far. For vets, you need to use a larger sample size - with more subtle changes for improvements that may last throughout the year.

Overreacting and comparing Harris/Vucevic/Green to guys like Kawhi/Noah is just going to lead to crazy fluctuations throughout the year. That's not how the ratings should work. KL and Noah are on different levels from those guys - especially defensively.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #37
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

Some additional accessory updates from last night and an updated rotation/injury list based on the 11/20 roster:

--INJURIES/ROTATIONS--
Spoiler

--ACCESSORIES--
Spoiler

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 11-21-2014, 02:52 PM   #38
Rookie

bdhill78's Arena

For PS3/360 users, have they fixed the draft class bug?
Old 11-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
To offer some insight, no, the ratings are not based solely off this year. Especially with the leagues most established. Rookies on the other hand, their initial rating was a projection since they had no NBA games to go off of. The rookie ratings will fluctuate heavily throughout the year as their true value comes to light

Rookie Ratings will fluctuate a lot more than All Stars, Defensive Player of the Years', and Finals MVPs, etc...
I get the whole rookie thing but honestly, Kawhi & Noah are overrated on 2K period. I'm not really tripping on the overalls to much though. I'm talking about increases in areas where players are excelling and decreases in areas where players are struggling. Just how @Rashidi pointed out Parker's poor shooting, what about the other players? Kawhi is shooting 23% from 3's but yet his moving 3 is 78 and his standing 3 is 81 but Tobias Harris is shooting 44% from 3's, FG48% averaging 19pts 8 boards but yet his 3's are only 70 moving and 67 standing, something is wrong with that if you ask me. All I'm saying is if that's how ratings are being done, please look at each team especially for the ppl who play online...

Last edited by NBA2K Genius; 11-21-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #40
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

OVR: 0

Devs, please update the player ratings in MyTeam...please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »