Home

Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 Review

This is a discussion on Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 Review within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 Review

Nearly half of the Wii U's 7.29 million owners have purchased Mario Kart 8, which by September's end, had sold 3.49 million copies, according to Nintendo's latest earnings report.

Naturally, the company is now looking to extract additional revenue from its successful kart racer's sizable player base. So far, Nintendo has announced two packs of paid downloadable content, with the first bundle going live Wednesday, November 13, and the second batch arriving in May 2015.

Read More - Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 Review
Platform: Wii U
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Maybe it's just me but this review was a little harsh and not totally correct.

I enjoy the characters that were in the pack, I feel you shouldn't bash it in the review since you knew what was in it beforehand.

They didn't listen to consumers? Nintendo rarely (if ever) does DLC, so actually they listened to all the fans asking for more.

Is it the best selection of content? Maybe not. But is it bad as you make it out to be? Not at all.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 11-15-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
The charater selection is with out a doubt the most disappointing aspect of mario kart and its dlc. When you look at super smash's roster you have a huge selection of characters all with variety, we aren't seeing 5 different marios or any of the mini Bowser kids. It makes me wonder why mario lart can't have a similar roster. If characters like sonic, mega man, pac man, kid icarus, star fox, captain falcon, etc can be in super smash why are they, and so many more characters, a no show for mario kart? It's great to see Link but I would love to see them build on using other characters other than strictly mario associated characters.

I will say that price is not bad for this. You can get both dlc together, of course having to wait for the 2nd release, for $12. Typically games charge about $15 just for extra multiplayer maps. Nintendo kept the price reasonable.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #4
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

OVR: 0
This review comes off as extremely bias and harsh... sounding the content THEY wanted was not on in the DLC so it is immediately a waste of cash. You should rewrite the thing with a less jaded eye or have someone else review the product.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is dlc done right imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #6
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 Review

Just wanted to say this as I re-read it again...

You say that we should wait on a price cut of $8?! Most DLCs offer little content for $15 a pop, you get TWO DLC for $12.

How in the world do you justify your claim of it being a waste of money?
Old 11-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Character re-skins are annoying, agreed. Don't need all the variations of Mario when you could introduce new characters or bring back missing ones like Bowser Jr. But you'd rather have a real horse for Link? I think that would be pretty silly.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #8
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
This is a pretty bad review. For value's sake, the $12 bundle gives you 6 characters, 8 carts and 16 maps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »