Home

NBA 2K15's Presentation Is Still The Best

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Presentation Is Still The Best within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #49
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K15's Presentation Is Still The Best

It's taken a step down a bit, especially the epic presentation we saw for 12 and even 2k13. The highlights at halftime were sick, scores from other games, and highlight reels of all the players in a nice show, throw in music like from Alan Parson's project, Daft Punk, Phil Collins, come on, you can't beat that. This year I think it's disappointing there is virtually zero halftime show and shaq and JOhnson, meh, they are just there to fill in what is a basically weak presentation this year. Not horrible by any means, commentary is still Good, not great, but getting stale. And please, spend some money on a decent soundtrack, not just one artist. Horrible horrible.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #50
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

There is no way it is the best... the fact it has a half time show that belongs in Tecmo Basketball alone is enough that it's not the best.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:10 PM   #51
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I would give Live 15 a slight presentation edge this year. 2Ks is more in depth, but Lives is a more cohesive overall package. The stat overlays, halftime and everything else just screams ESPN. Whereas 2Ks seems like some weird TNT/generic broadcast hybrid that does nothing particularly great. The commentary is better than Lives, but that's about it. It just feels disjointed. We go from Shaq and Ernie, strait to tipoff. Or, we have the pregame intros, then strait tipoff. No analysis or stats or anything. We all know about the halftime show, I do however like the little info box displaying pertinent info during your MyLeague games. The cheer routines, while nice, last entirely too long. I'm hoping that 2K shakes thing up considerably next year. They have to replace Kerr, anyway. Might as well blow it on out and give us that NFL 2K5 presentation utilizing TNT and the return of custom arena sounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #52
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I never appreciated how much I miss the halftime highlight show until now. Also 2KBasketball use to show live scores and schedule info during halftime.... these things need to return.

Um. That's news. I still see today's schedule and scores. At the bottom in text. You're skipping the halftime, aren't you?

Wouldn't say I blamed you if you are. Not much to see.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #53
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I would give Live 15 a slight presentation edge this year. 2Ks is more in depth, but Lives is a more cohesive overall package. The stat overlays, halftime and everything else just screams ESPN.

Nah. The pregame show. The action replays. Kills Live. But Live has better crowd audio, cleaner overlays and menus. It's really a good debate honestly. I'd say 2K is more advanced, but Live does a lot if the simple and subtle things better.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #54
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Nah. The pregame show. The action replays. Kills Live. But Live has better crowd audio, cleaner overlays and menus. It's really a good debate honestly. I'd say 2K is more advanced, but Live does a lot if the simple and subtle things better.

I can get with that. I liked the pregame show initially. And I still do, but now I'm at the point where I button through it because they aren't referencing anything pertinent to my current MyLeague season. Mind you I haven't played the dynasty mode yet in Live (I have the 6 hour trial on XB1) so I don't know how well they keep up. I do fully expect 2K to expound on Shaq and Ernie next year. It's just that Lives presentation feels cohesive and whole while 2K's feel stitched together. Then we have the missing overlays and stuff. I would still give Live the overall edge, but I see your points though.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #55
Just started!

I still get the feeling items such as last seasons stats and graphs etc aren't working. They reference things from last season during breaks in play, yet we see nothing on screen. It also takes ages to inbound the ball, making me believe a image was supposed to be on screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

As a long time 2k trumpeter I think they are slumping. Sad when the other game has halftime and post game show for 12 minute quarters while this game has nothing. Not happy about it.

Even more disheartening is that the 2K Devs seem so flippant about getting it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 11-13-2014 at 11:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »