Home

NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-12-14)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-12-14) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-12-2014, 10:59 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-12-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
It's pretty nuts that Kobe actually got a BUMP for what's been high volume chucking when he was already rated extremely high-- top-5 player high-- out of the gates.

That's... not right.
Dude in charge of rosters is a joke. His works are being overrated by some OSers.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #34
Rookie

Dangerzone_5's Arena

It is sad how the majority of us have lost sight as to what has been done with this game. For the first time in sports video game history there is someone dedicated enough to update the most important part of the game on a nearly daily bases.

There are a total of 445 players on the roster and many more with free agents and historical. Think about how ridiculous that is to manage on a daily bases. Yet here we are complaining about how Kobe needs to be lowered a few points or why isn't (insert any player's name) not shooting more (insert desired shot type).

I for one am astounded at the detail and dedication we are seeing that hasn't been seen before in any sports game. This by far has been the most accurate rosters out of any sports game. I think we all need to step back and appreciate what is going on here and let the updates come with time. After all we are only a few weeks into the season and this is the first time this type of detailed work has even been attempted and it has been done very well in my eyes.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:19 AM   #35
Rookie

renome's Arena

"It is sad how the majority of us have lost sight as to what has been done with this game. For the first time in sports video game history there is someone dedicated enough to update the most important part of the game on a nearly daily bases.

There are a total of 445 players on the roster and many more with free agents and historical. Think about how ridiculous that is to manage on a daily bases. Yet here we are complaining about how Kobe needs to be lowered a few points or why isn't (insert any player's name) not shooting more (insert desired shot type).

I for one am astounded at the detail and dedication we are seeing that hasn't been seen before in any sports game. This by far has been the most accurate rosters out of any sports game. I think we all need to step back and appreciate what is going on here and let the updates come with time. After all we are only a few weeks into the season and this is the first time this type of detailed work has even been attempted and it has been done very well in my eyes."

Tell 'em, Dangerzone_5, preach!

Beds/Mike, thanks for your UNPRECEDENTED contributions, man...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 06:47 AM   #36
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerzone_5
It is sad how the majority of us have lost sight as to what has been done with this game. For the first time in sports video game history there is someone dedicated enough to update the most important part of the game on a nearly daily bases.

I for one am astounded at the detail and dedication we are seeing that hasn't been seen before in any sports game. This by far has been the most accurate rosters out of any sports game. I think we all need to step back and appreciate what is going on here and let the updates come with time. After all we are only a few weeks into the season and this is the first time this type of detailed work has even been attempted and it has been done very well in my eyes.
Very well said but at the same time if you're quick to bump players ratings when they have a hot game or two you have to be just as quick to lower their ratings when they come down to earth or you will end up having inflated ratings.

I think beds will have to reset rosters at some point... It's almost impossible to bump and lower everybody's ratings on a daily basis.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #37
Banned

Bojan Bogdanovic has been a consistent threat on offense. Hope he gets some love next update.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:14 AM   #38
Rookie

demunnj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Very well said but at the same time if you're quick to bump players ratings when they have a hot game or two you have to be just as quick to lower their ratings when they come down to earth or you will end up having inflated ratings.

I think beds will have to reset rosters at some point... It's almost impossible to bump and lower everybody's ratings on a daily basis.

I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. He's getting paid for a reason... Remember this is his job, he's not some random roster Maker.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #39
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by demunnj
I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. He's getting paid for a reason... Remember this is his job, he's not some random roster Maker.

Some people will never be satisfied. If you guys don't like the roster, create your own as usual. You don't like the ratings, rerate them yourselves and stop bashing someone for doing their jobs. Good work beds. Keep it up. Some people appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-12-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renome
"It is sad how the majority of us have lost sight as to what has been done with this game. For the first time in sports video game history there is someone dedicated enough to update the most important part of the game on a nearly daily bases.

Actually the concern is Kobe getting raised when he should be lowered. It's a move in the opposite direction-- and precisely because of the volume of work there is in up****** so many players, I think it's fair to be concerned about such moves because they might not be addressed and lost amidst the sea of changes there needs to be throughout the season. The large shifts on small sample sets (mostly upwards) could make for a very chaotic situation down the line.

I definitely appreciate the work and effort-- it's amazing and nothing like we've ever had before-- just concerned about the maintainability and stability of this process in getting players to properly relate to each other. But like I've said before, if some of these updates are guys Beds had his eye on and just needed confirmation early in season, that's fine. I would like to see a bit of the automated streaks/moving averages we saw last year because it will address players more evenly (though it wasn't strong enough).

Last edited by Sundown; 11-13-2014 at 08:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »