Home

NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-12-14)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-12-14) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
The problem is 2k only focus on the high rated teams, or teams that played their games on National Television that week when it comes to ratings. Solomon Hill has hit double digits in every game in November thus far, 15.8 points per game through 5 games with a career high of 28 in the stretch. So far this season he is shooting 46.7 % from the field 37.5 % from 3 yet he has a 66 overall rating and 73 overall 3 point. He was a first round draft pick a year ago not like he some random. He also has had his fair share of dunks that made nba play of the day, there are 3 different tiers. Some players on 2k have posterizer for no reason. Solomon is just one there are plenty of other players that deserve a boost. I just want to know the logic behind updates. People want dynamic updates for all players, I know they have to have people on the team that has access to NBA league pass and advanced statistics. If 5 games not enough to justify a rating boost, then players shouldn't get clutch badges after one shot, or 99 ball handling after one crossover aka Stephen Curry nba 2k14 last year. They have time to update shoes and accessories so why not more rating updates with along with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #26
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-12-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
This is the "problem" with daily updates....fans see one or two good games and DEMAND that 2K change the ratings. But fans are much more likely to voice concerns over ratings being too LOW than ratings being too HIGH.

What we end up with is inflated ratings.

It's awesome 2K is putting this kind of attention to detail into the rosters this year...but there is too much knee-jerk reaction to some of this.

Shoot...earlier in the year they gave Kirk Heinrich the "Primetime" badge because of 1 or 2 clutch performances in early regular season games.

Again....just look at these daily threads. The pluses outweigh the minuses by probably 5 to 1. Eventually you will hit a tipping point where the ratings will be unbalanced.
Been trying to say this for a while.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3
Tyson Chandler, Brandan Wright and Omer Asik deserve some updates....

Tyson Chandler last 3 games (per game stats):

15.0 PTS, 66.6 FG% , 1.6 AST, 13 TRB, 86.6 FT%, 21.9 Per (this season)
Old 11-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #28
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
This is the "problem" with daily updates....fans see one or two good games and DEMAND that 2K change the ratings. But fans are much more likely to voice concerns over ratings being too LOW than ratings being too HIGH.

What we end up with is inflated ratings.

It's awesome 2K is putting this kind of attention to detail into the rosters this year...but there is too much knee-jerk reaction to some of this.

Shoot...earlier in the year they gave Kirk Heinrich the "Primetime" badge because of 1 or 2 clutch performances in early regular season games.

Again....just look at these daily threads. The pluses outweigh the minuses by probably 5 to 1. Eventually you will hit a tipping point where the ratings will be unbalanced.
Agreed 100%.

Can we start a list of overrated players? Who is rated too highly based on:
a) career performance
b) performance last 2-3 seasons
c) current season performance

I would be very interested in opinions regarding which players are overrated and in what way (i.e. Austin Rivers dunk in traffic is VASTLY overrated or there's no way Joakim Noah should have X rating for Post Control). Give some examples.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
While I agree with everything you are saying I have resigned myself to believing the lack of tendency updates decision is coming from somewhere above Beds.

Beds made his name here creating rosters focused on creating realistic gameplay. He knows what the tendencies do and how to adjust them appropriately.

I don't know why these decisions are made but to this point it does not seem like tendency updates are on his radar.

For those of us that love your work Beds, but couldn' t care less about Festus Ezeli's knee pads we would love to hear from you on the subject.
The season just started.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackstar5
or 99 ball handling after one crossover aka Stephen Curry nba 2k14 last year.

Eh? Curry has had some of the best handles in the league for awhile now. Not sure if it justifies a 99 but it should be high. He's rates high because of one crossover? Not really.

Absolutely agree on the potential problem focusing on some team and not others-- or even the possibility of upgrading a less well known player and then possibly not revisiting him until much later.

I hope and assume Beds has access to tools that point out guys who are recently performing quite differently from their ratings on a moving average so he can address things as they happen during the season across the board, but the boosts to named players (Kobe) and the lack of drops from poor actual shooting efficiency (Kobe, Harden) is a little worrying.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 0

It's early...but Trey Burke and Eric Gordon have been miserable, and that's putting it nicely.

Teams aren't even defending Matt Barnes on the 3PT line and even with wide-open looks and teams DARING him to shoot, he's shooting 32% from 3.

Goran Dragic's numbers are way down...and he's not making 3's.

Wilson Chandler and Gallinari have been bad...and Chandler Parsons hasn't been much better.

Don't even get me started on the ratings of one Kobe Bean Bryant....

Lance has been awful....John Wall is back to not making 3's and Paul Pierce has been atrocious.

Granted, for most teams it's been 7 or 8 games...about 10% of a season.

But...this is the road you walk when you start giving big boosts to players who have 3 or 4 game "hot" streaks. If you're not also bumping players DOWN for cold streaks, well...then you are going to have offensive ratings that are overpowered.

Personally, despite this post - I'm not a fan of bumping players DOWN really fast after a slump. But...that's because I'm also not a fan of bumping players on mini "hot" streaks up too quickly.

I would just caution that we make sure players are able to keep things up for more than a handful of games before giving them a bump UP. And let's make sure that if a guy is bricking shots for an extended period of time...that he gets some kind of bump in the other direction.

Trey Burke and Eric Gordon have been so bad, a bump down is due for both shortly. And I know he is an all-time great, but Kobe just isn't what he used to be...sorry Laker fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-12-14)

Quote:
And I know he is an all-time great, but Kobe just isn't what he used to be...sorry Laker fans.
It's pretty nuts that Kobe actually got a BUMP for what's been high volume chucking when he was already rated extremely high-- top-5 player high-- out of the gates.

That's... not right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »