Home

NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-12-2014, 06:16 AM   #113
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan47
No idea how you guys failed to hold them accountable for no online associations. Completely inexcusable.

We were told well in advance that there would be no online associations. We're not talking about a broken promise.

But yes, I'd welcome the feature back if they can iron out most of the kinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Last edited by shegotgame; 11-12-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 2
There might not be Comeback Code in this game but there is something that happens in a lot of 4th quarters that seem to make the winning team miss more open shots than usual while the losing team seems to catch fire until the score is very close. Then it's all of a sudden a back and forth.

In the park I can actually tell you what is about to happen during most possessions depending on the score late in a game. The more you're being spanked by as time goes on equals the hotter your team gets from the arc, on the glass and scrapping with MINIMAL MISHAPS.

2k is not just a company or a title anymore. Online 2K is an adjective. You try to do this but that happens and you say aloud to the people in your party (game chat doesn't work), "that's bs and I didn't try to do that, I tried to do this" and almost always someone says, "2k" or "aye man that's 2k" or "that's that 2k s***".

There really should be an outrage with petitions and all like K said but judging by the arguments on this post unity can never happen to force them to tackle some of the major issues. It seems like some people are undercover 2K employees in these forums at times.

Also there should be votes on the top ten questions to be asked next time. When we ask EXTRA questions with some that kind of need to be answered, the rep can choose the least painful ones to answer.

I don't post much because it always seems to be useless or a dead post because I not a high ranking whatever but I'm on this site all of the time. I even got suspended for bashing Live14 for being what I thought was a unanimously terrible game.

Been playing B Ball videogames since the Atari 2600.
Own every NBA 2K title to date.
Owned every NBA Live title from 95-2005

#GoSpurs
Old 11-13-2014, 06:42 AM   #115
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
There might not be Comeback Code in this game but there is something that happens in a lot of 4th quarters that seem to make the winning team miss more open shots than usual while the losing team seems to catch fire until the score is very close. Then it's all of a sudden a back and forth.

In the park I can actually tell you what is about to happen during most possessions depending on the score late in a game. The more you're being spanked by as time goes on equals the hotter your team gets from the arc, on the glass and scrapping with MINIMAL MISHAPS.

2k is not just a company or a title anymore. Online 2K is an adjective. You try to do this but that happens and you say aloud to the people in your party (game chat doesn't work), "that's bs and I didn't try to do that, I tried to do this" and almost always someone says, "2k" or "aye man that's 2k" or "that's that 2k s***".

There really should be an outrage with petitions and all like K said but judging by the arguments on this post unity can never happen to force them to tackle some of the major issues. It seems like some people are undercover 2K employees in these forums at times.

Also there should be votes on the top ten questions to be asked next time. When we ask EXTRA questions with some that kind of need to be answered, the rep can choose the least painful ones to answer.

I don't post much because it always seems to be useless or a dead post because I not a high ranking whatever but I'm on this site all of the time. I even got suspended for bashing Live14 for being what I thought was a unanimously terrible game.

Been playing B Ball videogames since the Atari 2600.
Own every NBA 2K title to date.
Owned every NBA Live title from 95-2005

#GoSpurs
I feel as though whenever you get a pretty decent lead whether it be 10 points or more no matter what quarter your in, you'll eventually see you team take a penalty in shot percentages. I believe this is done to keep a pretty even balance in shot percentages for both teams toward the end of the game.

Every game I play online is a close game. Its no way for me to blow my opponent out no matter how sorry they are or better I am. I can have an 11 point lead, 15 point lead it doesn't matter. Eventually I'll start missing wide open shots and going back for put back slow allowing for the defense to recover, passing the ball out of bounds (still playing patient offense as I was when I developed the big lead). Then you see your opponent come down and hit some of the most ridiculous, contested shots that you know they have no business making. Its like I can tell when this stuff is about to happen and its nothing you can do about it no matter how good of D you play, or efficient you run your offense. Its completely unavoidable.

Check your team comparison stats at the end of the game. If you look at the team field goals made you'll notice almost 90% of the time either you or your opponent will have 1 field goal made more then the opposing player. So if you went 15-40 from the field then your opponent will have went 14-44 from the field. This is just an example. But I think they purposely made it this way to keep percentages balanced which is why you see some crazy shots go in which makes it an eye soar to see some of these things happening.

Like I said before, I'm 100% positive they used a different system for shot percentages in 2k11 which is why the disparity in skill level would be so noticeable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #116
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
No idea how you guys failed to hold them accountable for no online associations. Completely inexcusable.

The **** was broke and people didn't play it. It's a two way street and a vicious cycle. But what is the point of this post in this particular thread? Wang has nothing to do with adding and removing modes like online association.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #117
Just started!

OVR: 0

Still really no answers on fouls. Welp.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #118
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
Last I heard was on the thread about free throws and lack of them that some one form 2k was on there and said they where working on it for the patch and that the patch should be submitted soon. That was like a week ago or 5 days ago something like that. So I hope that means that the patch has now been submitted. Once a patch is submitted it takes around 2 weeks for the patch to come out if the patch doesn't have any problems with testing with sony and Microsoft. So I am hoping that means that we are around 2 weeks.
Patches take a while with Sony and Microsoft, but that's not the case for PC. Watch for the PC patch (hasn't dropped yet) to know when it's on the way for the consoles.

Though someone will likely mention when the patch is submitted on here anyways.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #119
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Patches take a while with Sony and Microsoft, but that's not the case for PC. Watch for the PC patch (hasn't dropped yet) to know when it's on the way for the consoles.

Though someone will likely mention when the patch is submitted on here anyways.
Yeah, this will be the "Patch is imminent" indication for us PC folks. Once it's been submitted to third party it's essentially done and we need only wait for it to get put on Steam.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #120
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
If OA in the form of Myleague online fails to materialize in 2k16, then the writing will be on the wall that 2k is content to abandon online league and Association heads.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »