Home

Pro Strategy Football 2013 Review (iOS)

This is a discussion on Pro Strategy Football 2013 Review (iOS) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadams33
when do you think you'll be done with the career mode great game by the way
I'm hoping very much to submit the version with career play by the end of this month. I should know more after next weekend, and I'll let you know. Thanks!

Meanwhile, one update has already been released, and a second update should be approved soon, fixing a few bugs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2014, 04:55 PM   #42
Rookie

Just an update, Career Play is coming along, slowly but surely. This weekend I'm working on the "Final Preseason Ratings" screen. This shows you any changes to your team's attributes from the preseason training and conditioning, and also allows you to manage your roster, since you'll hopefully have some new players from the draft, and you can't keep them all. Showing all the information on one screen ... not easy.

The Postseason logic is now working, but I need to work on the cosmetics. That screen shows you the updated ratings of your players after they've aged one year (a green attribute means it increased, while a red one means it decreased, and black represents no change). That screen also lets you shuffle your resources between scouting, conditioning, and coaching (which also includes training).

The hardest part, which I'm saving until I have everything else working, is the Draft, and getting that to work reasonably for both you and the computer players.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Pro Strategy Football 2013 Review (iOS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStrategyFootball
Just an update, Career Play is coming along, slowly but surely. This weekend I'm working on the "Final Preseason Ratings" screen. This shows you any changes to your team's attributes from the preseason training and conditioning, and also allows you to manage your roster, since you'll hopefully have some new players from the draft, and you can't keep them all. Showing all the information on one screen ... not easy.

The Postseason logic is now working, but I need to work on the cosmetics. That screen shows you the updated ratings of your players after they've aged one year (a green attribute means it increased, while a red one means it decreased, and black represents no change). That screen also lets you shuffle your resources between scouting, conditioning, and coaching (which also includes training).

The hardest part, which I'm saving until I have everything else working, is the Draft, and getting that to work reasonably for both you and the computer players.
great keep up the good work enjoying the game
Old 01-03-2015, 09:52 PM   #44
Just started!

Re: Pro Strategy Football 2013 Review (iOS)

cool, thank you for sharing this !
Old 01-10-2015, 07:05 PM   #45
Rookie

The last known bug has been fixed, lots more features and improvements completed, and will be submitting the app tomorrow after I finish some cosmetic changes. I know it may be too late for 2014, but I think PSF Career will be great fun for you guys. I've had a few hard core testers helping me and giving me great feedback.

Core features:
- you can simulate any level you want: sim the week, the regular season, the whole season, or even the whole year, including the draft and roster management
- players age each year and you'll have to replace even those you love
- at the end of preseason, you finalize your rosters

You can view all seasons at a glance - the seasons list displays the year, the championship results, the leading passer, leading rusher, and leading receiver. Drill down into any season and sort the leaders by any category. Which passer had the fewest interceptions, which rusher had the longest run, etc.

Of course, you can also view career stats for teams and players! Tap a team and see its full history, including all players who ever played on that team.

After I submit the app to Apple, I'm going to create a series of short videos to show off the various features, so stay tuned!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2015, 07:22 PM   #46
Rookie

I forgot to add, a full seven-round draft of course! You'll need to replace aging players and look for filling holes. One of my testers took the Cowboys to the Super Bowl in 2020 or so, and even kept Romo around as a backup (although his ratings were in the toilet by then). Of course, that meant he didn't get great draft picks the next year, and he's now dealing with some other older players.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:53 PM   #47
Rookie

Hey, busy week, but let me answer your questions real quick, and I'll give more information over the next few days.

First off, yes, PSF Career has been submitted, and reviews can take 7-10 days (or longer, but let’s cross our fingers), so I'm really hoping it'll be available before the big game! It is a separate app, but hold on, I'm either going to make the two games a bundle so you can get a discount, or I'll just lower the price the first week (I like the bundle idea from what I've read).

Second, pricing – I’m reading up on Apple’s “Bundle” support to see how I can discount it for owners of PSF. If I can, I’m going to bundle “PSF 2014” and “PSF Career” (which means you get a discount if you buy both). From what I’ve read, that means that current owners of “PSF 2014” will get the career game at a discount. I’m putting “PSF Career” up for $5, but the bundle will be $8, which means that current owners should be able to get the app for $3. If I’m not able to get the bundling to work, then I’ll just lower the price for the first week and let you all know.

Third, Android. I have to take a mental break here, but then I’m going to research Android again. I had two approaches last year that I thought were going to work, and in fact, I put in over a month of work converting the app to one library just to try this, to no avail. Android is very, very high on my list of priorities - very high, trust me!

Finally, the game itself. I've taken tons of feedback from people and worked closely with a couple of die-hard career fans who tested my app and gave me constant suggestions, and I think that, if you're the kind of fan who enjoys lots and lots of stats and history, then you are going to love PSF Career!

In the next few nights and this coming weekend, I'll work on screen shots and some videos so you can see what I'm talking about. I'll also post some short details here. Thanks for your patience and support, and it'll be worth it!

Why a separate app? To give people flexibility in purchasing only what they want. Career play, with all the screens, logic, stats, options, etc, has grown to be a whole new game, and my test audiences tell me that I’ve nailed it! I’ve decided that releasing “PSF Career” as a separate app rather than an in-app purchase is the fairest way to give each crowd what they want without having to buy something they don’t.

If you want to coach any team in single games, single season matchups, or turn-based multiplayer, then “PSF 2014” is your app! If you want to take over as coach for one team and add in player aging, roster management, drafts, and multiple seasons, then “PSF Career” is for you!
Old 01-14-2015, 11:25 PM   #48
Rookie

Check out the screenshots at http://www.prostrategyfootball.com/p...r-screenshots/. Apple usually takes 7-10 days, so crossing my fingers that all goes well and it's approved before the big game!

Here are a few to whet your appetite

Past and Current Seasons, with Leaders

Passing Leaders (sort by any column, and can sort up or down)

All Teams, can sort on any column

View Any Team's history

Team's Roster History

View Any Player's History

Drafting a QB

Shuffling my QB's

Last edited by ProStrategyFootball; 01-14-2015 at 11:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »