Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #1193
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I could not agree more. While I think the game itself has made numerous strides there are glaring issues still on the new gen consoles. However I am actually confident WR/DB interaction will be addressed for Madden 16 as an area of focus.

I also would love to see player differentation between elite players, and average players. They made some movement in that direction with QB accuracy. But not enough to move the meter much at all.

As far as injuries....absolutely. I am hoping for a dynamic injury system, with injury effects, probable, questionable and doubtful injury report features, body part degragation etc.

Progression is something you unforutnatley have to have some house rules for if you want to keep the league balanced long term.

For player progression here is what I do.

1. Set CPU Progression to "end of season"
2. In your first year do not use any XP for your players
3. Only use your XP going forward at the end of every pre-season to stay with the CPU's use at the end of every season.
4. Do not upgrade the development trait for any existing players and going forward I only choose one rookie per class per season to upgrade development one notch above their drafted progression trait. That is optional of course. I know guys who never increase the progression trait for any player. It keeps the idea of gem and bust intact for all players. I however like to have a storyline player that get's "coached up" and is my pet project player.

I also read Davon Brown's approach to game prep and if he get's a win he delegates the game prep, if he gets a loss he will manually do game prep. I found that to be very interesting and it can also add another layer of balance.

So if you house rule the XP you can manage it quite well to keep balance in the league.
Will delegating game prep to the cpu really balance player progression?
Old 11-09-2014, 02:54 PM   #1194
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish ram
Will delegating game prep to the cpu really balance player progression?
It's a theory being tested.

I only just started delegating on weeks I win. On weeks I lose I do my own game prep to mitigate the confidence factor which looms large in player/team performance.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 11-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #1195
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

I notice my team has a lot more xp after simmed games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #1196
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Really frustrated here. I abandoned owner mode after completing a season due to the financial issues. Just accepted it, and flipped over to coach mode. Played an entire season there, go to do the draft, I click on the option to start the draft, the screen just changes to as if the draft is completed. I look at the list of drafted rookies, every team is blank. It's as if the NFL cancelled the draft this year. So, free agency is over, I have roster holes, and no way to fill them because the draft just... disappeared.

Not trying to be one of them overly dramatic people here, but if I didnt want to keep this for multiplayer games with friends on my couch, I'd likely trade it in this week when I pick up the Halo collection. I just can't be bothered to play through the schedule again to hope not to hit another CFM glitch that ends it for me.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:05 PM   #1197
Banned

WISports's Arena

Player models really need to be improved for next year. On the Packers alone, Jordy Nelson looks way too thick and stocky. They also need to do a better job with some guys' shoulder pads. Aaron Rodgers looks like Frankenstein with his huge pads. Waaay too wide. And that's with editing them down to the smallest size.

If you edit the shoulder pads slider all the way down, the pads should look tiny. But they don't....they still look huge.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:55 PM   #1198
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Really frustrated here. I abandoned owner mode after completing a season due to the financial issues. Just accepted it, and flipped over to coach mode. Played an entire season there, go to do the draft, I click on the option to start the draft, the screen just changes to as if the draft is completed. I look at the list of drafted rookies, every team is blank. It's as if the NFL cancelled the draft this year. So, free agency is over, I have roster holes, and no way to fill them because the draft just... disappeared.

Not trying to be one of them overly dramatic people here, but if I didnt want to keep this for multiplayer games with friends on my couch, I'd likely trade it in this week when I pick up the Halo collection. I just can't be bothered to play through the schedule again to hope not to hit another CFM glitch that ends it for me.
One reason and its the same reason with every EA sports title...they only care about online and tournaments. The age of offline career modes are over since EA cant make money off it. Sliders, gameplay, and the little things in career modes and owner modes dont have any effect when it comes to online since its human vs human
Old 11-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #1199
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

I haven't read all 112 pages or whatever. Im wondering if its a shiny toy that wears off quickly. First 20 pages seemed to be rather glowing praise. Last ten or so the complete opposite. I realize ppl are different. But sounds like the game still has many of the same problems just with better graphics.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #1200
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Confidence needs to be drastically overhauled or junked. Whoever came up with the causes and effects of confidence drops knows nothing about football. It's my biggest headache in a 32-user CFM, and it can quickly deal a death blow to to teams which begin the season poorly.

Are made field goals worth nothing? Kicker goes 2/3 with the miss from 46 yards out into a 11 mph win, but gets -4 because he missed a FG.

Kickers get also get -1 for "should have kicked a FG". Team can win 56-0 but kicker still gets -1 because he didn't have a FG in the game.

DB's get -1 for not making a pick. WTF? Look at pick stats in real life. Richard Sherman lead the league with 8. That would give him a minimum of -8 for games with no picks.

Receiver makes 4 catches and scores a TD but loses confidence because he didn't "contribute more", but gets 0 for the TD.

Player makes 8 tackles but loses confidence for not enough tackles.

Teams that have bad seasons will have a roster full of players with their confidence bottomed out and their "confidence overall" being 8-10 lower than their unmodified OVR.

Rookie QB gets -50 for not knowing the playbook of the team that drafted him.

There's no annual reset, so a guy with 0 confidence can sign with a contender and still be at 0.

The depth chart glitch can be used as a corrective measure, but not for WR, o-line excluding LT, DT's and CB's. This cripples development for struggling teams if the choice is made to use game prep to keep WR and CB confidence from nosediving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »