Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #1185
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It's bad offline. A DT is always pushed backwards by the G. At best he holds his ground. Even on All-Madden with user run block at 0 you will NEVER see a cpu DT make a tackle for loss. This leads to automatic 3rd and short conversions. LBs will make plays occassionally. But if I run between the guards you will always gain yards. It's not always big yards or anything but there is a big problem when you never lose yards. An I-formation ISO up the gut is practically a money play.

I don't even need a good RB. Ben Tate was 2nd in the NFL in rushing for me on my first year with the Browns. If the sliders worked better maybe I could fix it but like I said - All Madden and 0 user run blocking and you can run up the A gap with good success against anyone. It's been like that for 3 years now so people must love picking up automatic third and shorts in Madden. It's definitely not sim imo.

It annoys me when I watch a game like Dallas-WAS and see Melton shoot a gap and make a play in the backfield. You don't see it a lot but you do see it. Suh does get penetration in the backfield. It's non-existent in Madden. I challenge the entire Madden community to get me a video of a cpu DT in Madden shooting a gap and making a tackle for loss. I'd love to see it.
This has always been the biggest problem for me with Madden. A good DL gets penetration, causes early cutbacks in zone schemes, can hold ground in double teams or split it, and basically force double teams in offensive planning which allows a LB to run free. None of that is in Madden. The most skilled DT's never can hold their ground or their gap and typically just engage the guy in front of them. Just horrid line play. What's even more sad this is after all the hoopla from EA that they have redone the line play. If this is reworked line play then there is no hope to actually see DL actually matter in this game.

Last edited by thegut; 11-02-2014 at 01:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #1186
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

What's the latest patch number?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #1187
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

What was the verdict on the tuner that came out awhile back? Did it improve anything? I've been playing without it but may download it.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #1188
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
What was the verdict on the tuner that came out awhile back? Did it improve anything? I've been playing without it but may download it.
What it improved was making the dice roll tougher on winning the battle on the DL to get a sack by a human controlled DL. Not the CPU controlled players. It made a slight improvement. If you have an elite DE you will get higher than normal sacks though. It is what it is in that regard.

Bottom line for me and we are in November now is:

Despite some warts and we all know what they are (sacks, stability bug for offline 32 team franchise, profile corruption bug, and lack of flags as always) this is hands down the very best version of Madden I have ever played. The AI was vastly improved (not yet where it can be and I expect it to only get better) OL/DL mini game is amazing, the defensive cam (and change cam on the fly feature) has been brilliant and has made playing defensive amazing this year. I play exclusively from the defensive cam and it makes the game feel alive for me on defense. It also adds a great layer of challenge if you truly play no switch on defense.

I can't stop playing my online solo CFM and will be playing the game till next years release at a minimum. It is getting regular play from me along with NBA 2K15 and The Show 14.

Great great year for next gen sports games IMO. Loving it.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 11-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #1189
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
The AI was vastly improved (not yet where it can be and I expect it to only get better)
I will disagree with this. I don't think the AI is much better at all from the PS3 versions. The cpu QB AI is still poor and that has a huge impact on the game. They are so far behind in where cpu AI needs to be it's not even funny but I don't think EA is committed to the offline gamer anymore. It's not where the money is.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #1190
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I will disagree with this. I don't think the AI is much better at all from the PS3 versions. The cpu QB AI is still poor and that has a huge impact on the game. They are so far behind in where cpu AI needs to be it's not even funny but I don't think EA is committed to the offline gamer anymore. It's not where the money is.
CPU defense is vastly improved and while CPU QB AI still needs a lot of work the offense in general plays better than last gen
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
Old 11-09-2014, 04:14 AM   #1191
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
CPU defense is vastly improved and while CPU QB AI still needs a lot of work the offense in general plays better than last gen
I tend to agree with you ( using your sliders too, thx by the Way) but, yes there is a but.

Qb are to alike. Sometimes the backup Qb even outplays the starting Qb. I can't tell the difference between elite and ordinary Qb's.

Progression in cfm is overpowered, it is too easy to progress abillities to 90+

The injury system needs an overhaul, we need to see banged up players on the ol line. Look at the nfl, succes starts and ends with the lines ol and dl. Injuries play a very important part here, nagging injuries that limit players abillity to play is a must.

And last But not least: lets get those WR in the game, just fight for one ball please
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #1192
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish ram
I tend to agree with you ( using your sliders too, thx by the Way) but, yes there is a but.

Qb are to alike. Sometimes the backup Qb even outplays the starting Qb. I can't tell the difference between elite and ordinary Qb's.

Progression in cfm is overpowered, it is too easy to progress abillities to 90+

The injury system needs an overhaul, we need to see banged up players on the ol line. Look at the nfl, succes starts and ends with the lines ol and dl. Injuries play a very important part here, nagging injuries that limit players abillity to play is a must.

And last But not least: lets get those WR in the game, just fight for one ball please

I could not agree more. While I think the game itself has made numerous strides there are glaring issues still on the new gen consoles. However I am actually confident WR/DB interaction will be addressed for Madden 16 as an area of focus.

I also would love to see player differentation between elite players, and average players. They made some movement in that direction with QB accuracy. But not enough to move the meter much at all.

As far as injuries....absolutely. I am hoping for a dynamic injury system, with injury effects, probable, questionable and doubtful injury report features, body part degragation etc.

Progression is something you unforutnatley have to have some house rules for if you want to keep the league balanced long term.

For player progression here is what I do.

1. Set CPU Progression to "end of season"
2. In your first year do not use any XP for your players
3. Only use your XP going forward at the end of every pre-season to stay with the CPU's use at the end of every season.
4. Do not upgrade the development trait for any existing players and going forward I only choose one rookie per class per season to upgrade development one notch above their drafted progression trait. That is optional of course. I know guys who never increase the progression trait for any player. It keeps the idea of gem and bust intact for all players. I however like to have a storyline player that get's "coached up" and is my pet project player.

I also read Davon Brown's approach to game prep and if he get's a win he delegates the game prep, if he gets a loss he will manually do game prep. I found that to be very interesting and it can also add another layer of balance.

So if you house rule the XP you can manage it quite well to keep balance in the league.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »