Home

NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Wired controller.

Well that's probably more of a factor than you having the PC version, as a wired connection will always be faster than bluetooth and most console players use wireless controllers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesTeg
That's not the point though.
NBA2K11 was built on solid foundations, and had a few problems.
NBA2K15 is built on some really shoddy foundations. The game does a lot of things right, the presentation is excellent, rebounding improved a ton, etc, but when you get movement wrong nothing else matters.
It's just too big of an issue, and while the game has a lot of qualities, I don't think it's unfair to call it a bad game just for that.
You are one person who can't move your player right yet I can. NBA 2k11 was full of exploits and certain things you couldn't do then that you can do, like block dunks for example.

That's not a solid foundation. Not with the exploits it had. The online thing solid were the online lobbies.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #83
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
So my teammates miss layup after layup and shoot 20% from the field because I'm not in the right spot on the floor? Gotcha.

No. I was specifically talking about AI behaviors. There's nothing in place to handicap the BEHAVIORS of your teammates. Shot %s is a completely different subject. There are absolutely handicaps in place to make your teammates shoot at a lower % than the opposing AI players when you raise the difficulty level. Pro and All-Star they're more or less equal but the divide grows when you go up to Superstar and HoF. That's also being refined in the patch
Old 11-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #84
Rookie

When you ask to form a big 3 does it actually work? If so can you give a step-by-step process of how to form a big 3?
Old 11-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #85
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svengali
Well that's probably more of a factor than you having the PC version, as a wired connection will always be faster than bluetooth and most console players use wireless controllers.
Not really...I use an old wireless one...I can stay in front of my guy easily but as I said the gameplay changes after each roster updates. I may cover the guy like a glue in one week then the next week it feels like I'm sliding with barely touching the sticks.

I stopped trying to figure out if they do ninja updates through roster updates. Just enjoy it for what it is when it plays awesome....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
No. I was specifically talking about AI behaviors. There's nothing in place to handicap the BEHAVIORS of your teammates. Shot %s is a completely different subject. There are absolutely handicaps in place to make your teammates shoot at a lower % than the opposing AI players when you raise the difficulty level. Pro and All-Star they're more or less equal but the divide grows when you go up to Superstar and HoF. That's also being refined in the patch
I feel like in this day and age, there's gotta be a better less heavy handed way to make the game more challenging than stat nerfs. Hell, i've seen other games do it. Instead of just lowering stats, why not make the opposing team just play a little smarter? Also, still remember back in the day when people said the opponent AI would get unfair advantages and people tried their hardest to deny it lol.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:57 AM   #87
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
I feel like in this day and age, there's gotta be a better less heavy handed way to make the game more challenging than stat nerfs. Hell, i've seen other games do it. Instead of just lowering stats, why not make the opposing team just play a little smarter? Also, still remember back in the day when people said the opponent AI would get unfair advantages and people tried their hardest to deny it lol.

Completely agree and we're getting there. The attribute and shot % "stat nerfs" are almost gone already, as we've been able to shift more difficulty level tuning to logic based factors in just about every aspect of Gameplay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2014, 05:05 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey Beluba, can u answer me this, when will player hairstyle be updated? It was something that was suppose to be in the game for the past few years and I haven't seen not one players hairstyle change other Iman Shumpert for the Knicks and I think that was last year. Can u please answer this for me. Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »