Home

NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking

Maybe a one on one court for all the ball hog heroes out there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
I think they need something to make it so that the people separate. The mention of 'sim' for rec made me happy at first, but it's way too easy to do the same park trash.

Also apparently pushing someone from behind like in park is not a foul. They need to make that a foul in both. No reason people can just push you on the ground if you are the team's rebounder.

But yeah, they need to find a way to let all of the dudes who enjoy pretending to be the greatest bball player ever play together... and the dudes who want to actually play ball can play together.

You'd think something like sliders would work, but I dunno. It's hard to understand, admittedly, why there isn't a park for every slider set. And yea there is different cheese for each one, but it's that arcade stuff that upsets me. Dunks are stupid when everyone can do them on top of people. Not that there's any reason to dunk cuz you can just shoot 2s all day. heh.

-Smak
Well to be fair, in real life street ball there's no structure and no real fouls except the obvious. Streetball shouldn't be sim
Old 11-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

can we at least fix the mic situation. i cant even speak to my teammates or opponets unless in a party. this needs to be fix soon as possible 2k!
Old 11-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #28
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoial
can we at least fix the mic situation. i cant even speak to my teammates or opponets unless in a party. this needs to be fix soon as possible 2k!
I've been able to speak with teammates without having to party. Most people don't want to talk, but that's another issue.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoial
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
I've been able to speak with teammates without having to party. Most people don't want to talk, but that's another issue.
Whenever I'm not inside a party, the majority of microphone icons that pop up on my screen will just sound like garbled static. I can't recall ever hearing someone speak clearly in a public Park game.

I'm not sure if that's just from people leaving their mics on without being aware of it, or if there's something legitimately wrong with how the mode handles public voice chat.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #30
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

100% agreed. I won't play mypark because I refuse to waste time waiting for a game. That's a waste of my time. When you can get in a game, its fun, really fun. Especially if you find a couple decent players to play with.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:55 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here are my issues with the Park. I enjoy the mode so it's not all complaints but these are the things I dislike:

1) Waiting for a game as mentioned can be frustrating. I don't have a lot of friends that play 2K so a majority of the time I'm playing with randoms. The worst? When you've waited out nearly an entire game with like 4 people, need just one more and a squad comes up and fills the spots to take it from you automatically. It's kind of biased to squads which really isn't fair in my opinion.

2) On top of that, one of the reasons it takes so long is because people are too overall conscious. I'm an 89 overall and I tried to start a game earlier by getting on a court. I had just about everyone in the rec center stop for a second, then quickly run off. Really? I'm not at all saying I'm great cause I can have my bad games but if you're not at 90, it's like people want nothing to do with you. I admit, I tend to overall watch too because playing with guys who are 90's can be a chore so I do the opposite and try to play with people in the 70's and 80's who seem more willing to share the ball. If there's one spot left though and I'm the only one of my affiliation there, then I'll get on the spot and play.

3) There's still a lot of cheese with overpowered players. I know a lot of people are mixed about this wanting high 90's players for their MyCareers but it really stinks for the Park or rec center because ti's very hard to defend them and that behind the back animation is ridiculous.

I really don't know if I want full out Crew because I wouldn't have anyone to play with but maybe you can let people have crew kind of like you did The Stage as their own mode for squads and then keep the Park/Rec Center as separates or something. That's my two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 12:28 AM   #32
OG

OVR: 19

Good Lord, tonight is dreadful. Waited forever to get in a court with four guys, game ends and the team who lost comes right around and takes the squad spots to get right back in it.

Then i see a lot of guys in the same faction as me running around this one court where four of another faction had the got next...so I tried to play dirty and invited the other Ballers to squad up...sent out a handful of invites figuring some wouldnt accept. For whatever reason it wouldnt let me in the squad spots but the others got on and filled them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »