Home

WWE 2K15 Is Almost Too Familiar on Past-Gen Consoles (360/PS3 Review)

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15 Is Almost Too Familiar on Past-Gen Consoles (360/PS3 Review) within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
WWE 2K15 Is Almost Too Familiar on Past-Gen Consoles (360/PS3 Review)

WWE games have always represented an odd disconnect for me. On one hand, you have a “sport” which is relatively difficult to represent virtually, since it is really more entertainment than actual competition. On the other hand, these games, while not exactly recreating their sport, are typically very fun to play.

Since acquiring the WWE license, it seems 2K Sports has strived to fix that separation, with modes that capture the history of the sport and a quicker paced product. We may see this effort come to fruition when the PS4/Xbox One versions release in a few weeks. Unfortunately, this year’s last-gen offering seems less historical and fun; worse, it seems like a less valuable use of your money.

Read More - WWE 2K15 Is Almost Too Familiar on Past-Gen Consoles (360/PS3 Review)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Loving this year's game. Universe mode actually works properly and cutscenes are triggering as they should. The commentary is significantly improved over prior years and if you can afford it on both systems, get both versions. I intend doing just that for the career mode on PS4, though I don't expect commentary to be much better outside of that mode on PS4 though I hope to be proven wrong.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OriolesFanRD's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WWE 2K15 Is Almost Too Familiar on Past-Gen Consoles (360/PS3 Review)

The game is cool for what it is. Still don't understand the reasoning to strip down that version if it is no longer the primary focus. Should've just been a $60 update with the new modes for all that. If last-gen is a gamers only resort, I wouldn't pick it up until a black Friday deal for $30 or so. Or taking advantage of Target's BOGO deal. That would soften the blow, too. Solid review!
  • Baltimore Orioles
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • Maryland Terps [Basketball|Football]
Online Championship Wrestling
2012 Baltimore Orioles - Left us way too soon. Fun ride, fellas!
2014 Baltimore Orioles - My soul hurts. It hurts really bad
Old 11-02-2014, 01:53 AM   #4
Rookie

I paid $15 and some change for it. It's worth about that. No custom music, can't edit everyone's entrances. Lighting is good but that's about it.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:49 AM   #5
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Am I the only one that actually like this years roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #6
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjolley
Loving this year's game. Universe mode actually works properly and cutscenes are triggering as they should. The commentary is significantly improved over prior years and if you can afford it on both systems, get both versions. I intend doing just that for the career mode on PS4, though I don't expect commentary to be much better outside of that mode on PS4 though I hope to be proven wrong.
You say it works properly. Would you mind elaborating on this?
Old 11-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBleedOrange247
You say it works properly. Would you mind elaborating on this?
At iBleedOrange247:

I can only really speak for the presentational aspects of universe because I am a visually impaired player who only plays these things to have fun and doesn't tweet much. the stories that the universe generates seem to have more cutscenes in them compared to last years, plus the matches that are generated seem to have more variety. I am sorry I can't be more informative.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjolley
At iBleedOrange247:

I can only really speak for the presentational aspects of universe because I am a visually impaired player who only plays these things to have fun and doesn't tweet much. the stories that the universe generates seem to have more cutscenes in them compared to last years, plus the matches that are generated seem to have more variety. I am sorry I can't be more informative.
No you are good on your info. I appreciate that news!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »