Home

NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-02-2014, 09:33 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K15's Mike Wang Answers Your Questions (Interview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Whatever it is I find SS/Sim more tolerable and less cheesy....again I played only one game...need to test some more...

EDIT: I'm on the PC as well btw....controlling the defensive player feels less slippery to me and I have defensive assistance back to 0 (default)

Seeing less shots going in when contested...I dunno...I got fooled before by this lol

I'm going to try the PS4 version later to compare how moving around feels defensively...

EDIT 2: CPU offensive rebounds feels toned down....still seeing straight put backs instead of kick outs but less offensive rebound from CPU

Variety of shot from CPU as well...instead of drive and shoot the chippy shot...tendencies at work?
Oh, ok. I play with sliders in addition to Superstar/Sim though... so I am good with contested shots and etc. The differences I was noticing pertained to the feel, and things that slider adjustments can't fix such as the players at times feeling heavy and other times the feel very fast and almost out of control, or guys just falling down when you brush by them.

Rebounding is hit and miss though. What I noticed is that the built in delay that the user has after shooting before being able to pursue an offensive board, does not seem to exist for the computer. They need to implement a "second jump" rating, as this actually is a thing and some players are better at it than others. Could be a step in having more consistent and fair outcomes with rebounding and shot blocking without artificial user delays that don't apply to the CPU.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 0

Can we still ask questions for Mike?
Old 11-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #75
Banned

They need to bring in Stephen A Smith and some coaches to help them with the statistical aspect of it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #76
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Whatever it is I find SS/Sim more tolerable and less cheesy....again I played only one game...need to test some more...

EDIT: I'm on the PC as well btw....controlling the defensive player feels less slippery to me and I have defensive assistance back to 0 (default)

Seeing less shots going in when contested...I dunno...I got fooled before by this lol

I'm going to try the PS4 version later to compare how moving around feels defensively...

EDIT 2: CPU offensive rebounds feels toned down....still seeing straight put backs instead of kick outs but less offensive rebound from CPU

Variety of shot from CPU as well...instead of drive and shoot the chippy shot...tendencies at work?

I just downloaded it from steam. There is no doubt in my mind that the pc version controls way tighter than the ps4 version. Both sides of the ball. It's actually quite good on pc. The best part about it on the pc is it doesn't change from you being on roller skates to being in quick sand. I don't have to worry about getting close to a guy and get that odd "excuse me while you expressly go way out of your way to avoid our jerseys touching" animation. I don't need to worry about barley being able to keep up as a defender to all of a sudden looking/feeling like a drunk on roller blades.

Pc is just a much better controlling game.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #77
Banned

^ Are you using a wireless controller?
Old 11-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #78
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
There's nothing to disagree about. Its documented. It happened. Look it up
No need to, 2k11 is still the best 2k basketball game to date IMO

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #79
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svengali
^ Are you using a wireless controller?
Wired controller.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #80
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterskin
It was mentioned by Beluba I think in this thread...... but there was a reference to playing wired or wireless. I was experiencing some input lag playing MC.... I bought a 10 ft cable and now play wired.....and I can tell you that at least for me..... there is a very BIG difference.
I do use a wire from time to time. Doesn't matter. It's an issue with the game itself. Many people are experiencing this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »